Movie Netflix

Remove this Banner Ad

Dan Moody

That, was liquid football
Apr 3, 2007
AFL Club
Collingwood
Anyone on here got an account?
If so, how did you get one and is it worthwhile?
Please provide instructions for the benefit of all.

I use an Apple TV with a US itunes account so i can get access to netflix in the main menu.
I use unblock us www.unblock-us.com to create a VPN within the USA so i dont get a VPN block being in Australia (around 6 bucks a month subscription)
I then create a netflix account and subscribe (for about 9 bucks a month)

unblock us then tells you to change the DNS on the devices you need (they give you the address) or you can just change the DNS on the router.

Then you're all up and running

Don't pay for anti-geoblocking software. There are several free plugins available for most browsers that run in the background and allow you to easily watch stuff on Hulu, BBC iPlayer, Netflix, etc. Hola is the best IMO.

Netflix has an excellent back catalogue, but new stuff is patchy. Movies, you will get some that make it onto their list very quickly after cinema release - others take longer, or not at all. TV series are generally a full season behind airdate - e.g. it wasn't until after the premiere of season 6 of Parks and Rec that they made the fifth season available on Netflix. OTOH something like Hulu gets new episodes within a week of them airing on TV (albeit with ads).

If you're the type of person who likes to watch specific things, Netflix can be a bit frustrating. They obviously can't stock every movie, and 9 out of 10 times if I go looking for a particular title they don't have it. But if you're happy just watching whatever, it's great. They do have an insane amount of stuff, and the recommendations algorithm (whereby you rate things you've seen and genres you like and it spits out suggestions) is very sophisticated. If something pops up as 3+ stars for me I know I'm going to enjoy it.

Netflix Original Series are great too. I really enjoyed House of Cards and Arrested Development. I have heard good things about Orange Is The New Black.

I use an Apple TV with a US itunes account so i can get access to netflix in the main menu.
I use unblock us www.unblock-us.com to create a VPN within the USA so i dont get a VPN block being in Australia (around 6 bucks a month subscription)
I then create a netflix account and subscribe (for about 9 bucks a month)

unblock us then tells you to change the DNS on the devices you need (they give you the address) or you can just change the DNS on the router.

Then you're all up and running

I do the same and it all works perfectly. I lived in Canada for 2 years and loved using Netflix. Was missing it back home even with Foxtel so I did the above. I find it great for TV shows mainly. No idea why they haven't come to Aus with it.

Thanks all.
Installed Hola and created a Netflix acct.
Working well so far, currently working my way through many old series and my kids love it as well.
I have Apple TV so can use it in many rooms.
For $8 a month, very happy so far

I'm still in my trial period and absolutely loving Netflix.

Connecting via unblock .us and streaming wirelessly to Sony Bravia TV (use the Android Netflix app to start on phone or tablet and then just tell it to go full-screen to TV or stream through PS3 Netflix app).

Two standout series for me have been House of Cards and Parks and Recreation.

I'm getting an excellent HD picture and there's plenty of excellent back catalog stuff too by the look of it. For $7.99 US/month it's a steal.

Any recommendations for anything that's must see on Netflix?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

everyone needs to watch Riki-Oh and Miami Connection.
I watched Miami Connection after seeing the new year in with a few people last night - too funny!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So what's the payment method of choice? Will Aussie C/c get blocked?
Works for me. I think I had to put in a US address - I think I used a hotel I've stayed in as much address.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I just installed it via unblock-us and so far i'm absolutely loving it, also now having read Ceasar's post above i intend to drop unblock-us and start using hola unblocker, can't go wrong for only US$8 a month

Okay, so i've set up Netflix & Amazon Prime streaming through my PS3 and am absolutely loving it. Ultimately i would like to do away with Foxtel for good but they really have you over a barrel with their control over the Footy, A league and HBO programming, just impossible to get it all cheaper.

terrible movie content. only for those who like tv shows.
I wouldn't say terrible, there's plenty of excellent movies on Netflix but there are a lot of movies not there.

If you are expecting everything and every latest blockbuster you're going to be disappointed.

But if you're after a reasonably priced streaming solution that offers excellent content you're on a real winner.

There's also a lot of hidden gems in the movies that they have.

I wouldn't say terrible, there's plenty of excellent movies on Netflix but there are a lot of movies not there.

If you are expecting everything and every latest blockbuster you're going to be disappointed.

But if you're after a reasonably priced streaming solution that offers excellent content you're on a real winner.

There's also a lot of hidden gems in the movies that they have.

my expectations were not latest blockbusters etc. it's basically a heap of tv shows with a few movies chucked in... yes, a few gems... very few.

main reason i keep my account is if they make netflix official in au and stiffen their pay wall. no doubt the australian version will be severely crippled.

I just installed it via unblock-us and so far i'm absolutely loving it, also now having read Ceasar's post above i intend to drop unblock-us and start using hola unblocker, can't go wrong for only US$8 a month

I'd recommend you keep using unblock-us if the monthly fee isn't an issue. is pretty slow and sometimes can play up. It is good for a free service, but unblock-us is far superior.

I put this in here rather than start a whole new thread until it further develops, but another promising step forward for those happy to pay, providing the same loopholes can be used...

Full Article: http://www.nerdist.com/2014/10/hbo-to-go-cable-free-in-2015/

While it currently boasts some of the best programming on television in the form of Game of Thrones, Veep, Girls and Last Week Tonight, there’s something that’s always held premium giant, HBO, back – its subscription model. Since the beginning of its existence, the only way one – in the U.S. – could gain access to the service (legally) was by subscribing to a cable package from Comcast, AT&T or a host of other providers. Even with the advent of HBO Go, viable access to the channel for the likes of cord-cutters has been scarce… but after an announcement made today by CEO Richard Plepler, that’s all about to change.

At an investor meeting, Plepler stated, “In 2015, we will launch a stand-alone, over-the-top, HBO service in the United States. We will work with our current partners. And, we will explore models with new partners. All in, there are 80 million homes that do not have HBO and we will use all means at our disposal to go after them.”

Yes, you read that right, starting next year (in the U.S.), you will no longer need a cable subscription to gain access to HBO. While the company has been experimenting with internet packages that included access to HBO Go over the last few months, this will mark the first time the premium network will be available to anyone and everyone in an à la carte fashion. This is major, and could be the turning point for viewers who don’t subscribe to any sort of cable package. With HBO making this move, it’s a safe bet Showtime, Starz and Cinemax (owned by the Time Warner umbrella) will be following suit in the near future.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back