Society/Culture New Anti-Gay Marriage commercial

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm sure they don't.

I'm sure too when they claim they want equality for kids they don't really mean that (or understand it). To them it means all girls in dresses and and all boys in shorts.

The ACMA should revoke the licence of any public broadcaster that broadcasts such rubbish from hate groups.

i wouldn't go that far, the Ad's standard bureau should be the arbiter in this case IMO, they a relatively good track record overall.

A media company has the right to air it if they want.

what irks me is how disingenuous the ad is. they're being deliberately obtuse.

i wouldn't go that far, the Ad's standard bureau should be the arbiter in this case IMO, they a relatively good track record overall.

A media company has the right to air it if they want.

what irks me is how disingenuous the ad is. they're being deliberately obtuse.

Yeah, because advertising is usually so direct and to the point.

I don't agree with the ad, but they should have the right to get their views across.

Yeah, because advertising is usually so direct and to the point.

I don't agree with the ad, but they should have the right to get their views across.

there's a difference between selling deodorant to a horny teenager and deliberately misleading people about domestic policy issues.
In any case it's an ad we have ad bureau for reasons like this.

there's a difference between selling deodorant to a horny teenager and deliberately misleading people about domestic policy issues.
In any case it's an ad we have ad bureau for reasons like this.

Ever seen an election campaign?

If they had an agreement to play the ad, then they play the ad. If they don't want to play it, don't make an agreement to play it.

Apart from that, it's not going to change anybody's mind anyway.

Clever commercial in its use of words (even though I disagree with what they are saying) - use the 'what about the children?' angle instead of focusing (consciously, anyway) on the anti-gay angle.

It should be allowed to air, although I question what it will achieve. Anti-gay marriage activists will continue to hold their beliefs, however, I doubt this commercial will by enlarge sway the opinions of those who support same-sex marriage or who on the fence about it
The more the anti-gay Christian lobby waste on useless advertising the sooner they will cease to exist.
They should do a national campaign on all networks and get Bernardi and Abbott in on the act too.
Get rid of all of them sooner.

They should be a lobby group pressuring the government to enact some sort of law that will ban parents from giving their children stupid trendy names.
Apple says HillllOOOOOOOOOH!

it's not a free speech issue, its an issue of a platform exerting control over advertising.

for those up in arms about it, where do you sit on advertising standards? like the billboards in Sydney that were considered too risque and were pulled?

there's a private catholic school near me which has a small club across the road with advertisements on it, Should i be allowed to pay for ad space then put a picture up of jesus praying to mecca up?

of course i should and if the club decides my advertisement is going to have a negative effect on their business due to the large number of catholic patrons they get, they have a right to pull my ad.

the SBS were showing a parade of gay people, suffice to say there target audience during that program is likely gay people or at least people who are supportive of "gay" rights. they then deemed the ad may have caused offence to their target audience and so pulled the ad.

would you be in favour advertising sex hotlines and brothels during deal or no deal?

or worse yet and ad during home and away telling a woman shes to be submissive to a man in all circumstances, brought you by the offensive campaigners council of australia.

of course not. why because they cause offence. unless your favour of completely unrestricted advertising which would give me the right to put gay pr0n advertisements outside your local kids footy field then you, can't be against the SBS choosing to pull the ad.

you're telling me you be on the side of someone who booked ad space at the MCG deciding to fill it with ISIL messages? of course not.
This was a good post, which would explain why it has been ignored.

They should be a lobby group pressuring the government to enact some sort of law that will ban parents from giving their children stupid trendy names.

True. We got too many fatherless children with ridiculous names. My heart goes out to these children.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If they had an agreement to play the ad, then they play the ad. If they don't want to play it, don't make an agreement to play it.

Apart from that, it's not going to change anybody's mind anyway.

there was no "agreement" they booked ad space.
the station upon review decided they wouldn't air the ad and give them a refund end of story.

Your thoughts on post #19 in this thread, by Sydney Bloods?

You must have missed it...

What about it? Is there something specific, or do you want me to spent my time writing a point by point rebuttal so you can go "nah, yer wrong".

Put it this way, so, somehow, a government media agency was dominated by the Christian right, would you agree with them refusing to put gay friendly ads up?

I'm not racist... but I agree we shouldn't let black people in white schools!...
AmIrite?

No, more the line (mistakenly) attributed to Voltaire "I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."

It makes a valid point. No matter how much education is given to the topic, kids will be kids and will always rip on the kid with RCD or two dads.

At the same time though kids don't need both parents to do well in life. Different case I know, but I knew of plenty of children who came from single parent families who turned out fine.
They'll rip on the short kid, the brown kid, the kid with a speech impediment, the kid that likes the uncool band, the kid that doesn't like football, the kid with the weird haircut.

So what? Do we force everyone into one acceptable set of preferences and physical features?

Or do we get the * over the fact that people are different?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back