• Yellow with black V

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • Yellow with RFC

Votes: 1 0.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Wnvn5kY.png

It can't be our pre-season one.

I hate our current clash jumper, plus it's insufficient.

I like #2... keeps the original sash + standard white clash. The WA jumper (#1) would still clash with the Eagles due to the yellow.

I am a traditionalist and I think most modern designs are s**t.

I prefer no change (because there is no clash). Back when we inexplicably took the sash off the back in the 90s we did have a bit of a clash with the old adelaide jumpers from behind. That's no longer the case. This whole 'clash' agenda is driven by soft utensils at the AFL who feel embarrassed that we don't have 'away' (as opposed to 'clash') jumpers and kids who grew up in the multimedia age following Man U and think it's cool.

I don't mind the current clash jumper as it's very close to our real one. Certainly ours is better than Essendon's one.

If we must change our 'clash' strip again (why?) I could live with any of our historic 'pre sash' jumpers from the last century. We wore a few of them in the old heritage rounds. Alternatively I can live with the inverted one.

But the truth is there is no clash, it's just a bullshit excuse to sell more merchandise and kids lap it up because they think it's cool. Well Rubiks cubes and hoola hoops used to be cool too.

I am a traditionalist and I think most modern designs are s**t.

I prefer no change (because there is no clash). Back when we inexplicably took the sash off the back in the 90s we did have a bit of a clash with the old adelaide jumpers from behind. That's no longer the case. This whole 'clash' agenda is driven by soft utensils at the AFL who feel embarrassed that we don't have 'away' (as opposed to 'clash') jumpers and kids who grew up in the multimedia age following Man U and think it's cool.

I don't mind the current clash jumper as it's very close to our real one. Certainly ours is better than Essendon's one.

If we must change our 'clash' strip again (why?) I could live with any of our historic 'pre sash' jumpers from the last century. We wore a few of them in the old heritage rounds. Alternatively I can live with the inverted one.

But the truth is there is no clash, it's just a bullshit excuse to sell more merchandise and kids lap it up because they think it's cool. Well Rubiks cubes and hoola hoops used to be cool too.

The reason we are discussing this is we are assuming that we will be forced to make the change. This year both port and the WCE were told by the afl to wear their away strip at home against us because our clash strip was deemed inadequate. Both clubs were furious, and WCE in particular (apparently they were building a block amongst the non Vic clubs and the non powerhouse Vic clubs to force the afl to force all clubs to have clash strips that are a significant contrast)

Fwiw my speculation is the change in views on what a clash is is based upon the current view about what looks good on tv.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Spoke to someone from BLK who said the Richmond clash will 100% not change in 2015.
Right thats it, where is the microwave

Back