• Yellow with black V

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • Yellow with RFC

Votes: 1 0.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

it is

if it doesn't change now i will leave bigfooty

That's a bit extreme,doubt anyone expects that Groupster...

Be interesting to see what they come up with as a design though..

When Australia played Chile this year fully decked out in yellow was actually a pretty good sight!

God forbid but Hawthorn's 1989 throwback jumper vs Geelong this year looked very good with a solid yellow back.

Brazil also predominantly wears yellow and has been the preeminent powerhouse of world soccer.

I rate yellow as a colour, bright and daring yet simple.
Yellow/black and mainly white would make us look like a ******* burnt sashed egg.
Australia's soccer, cricket and rugby strips are awful.

Yeah, Brazil looks ok but, at the risk of saying something offensive, yellow looks good with dark skin tones but awful with white.

How many yellow shirts, jumpers, jeans or shorts do you see guys wearing? None...it just looks wrong.

Australia's soccer, cricket and rugby strips are awful.

Yeah, Brazil looks ok but, at the risk of saying something offensive, yellow looks good with dark skin tones but awful with white.

How many yellow shirts, jumpers, jeans or shorts do you see guys wearing? None...it just looks wrong.

Nah, nah. Pasty people don't look good with anything.

Don't want to go into society and borderline racism but Richmond is yellow and black. Really don't give a s**t how bad it looks, as along as the designers don't go ******* overboard and slap on the ******* chipmunk on the ******* jumper, or whatever BLK is doing the sublimation fetish at Brisbane which looks ******* rancid.

Also, the VFL away has shown how good and effective it can be as a clash. I don't want us to go with something untested again or end up with an abomination like the Crows or the Demons before their white clash, which they have also ditched.

Yellow in sport is an impressively smart and vivid colour. I didn't like how Richmond used the completely yellow shorts when you see Liverpool's 06/07 yellow away top, which I rate as one of adidas's best for Liverpool. Their white offerings the following seasons were uninspired and downright boring.

Central Coast have also basically ditched the navy for a predominantly yellow shirt which also looks very very good.

Borussia Dortmund; yellow as well and they look fantastic.

Yellow and a sash will set us apart from every other club. White would make us look like any other run of the mill franchise like Adelaide, GC, WC, as they really don't need to use white, but still do.

Rant over. Black on yellow for away.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know most on here dont like the White , But seriously how many games a year would we have to wear it maybe 3 ? I can deal with that and it doesnt look that bad with white shorts to be honest

My Favourite is the Heritage Jumper we wore when Cotchin ran rings around Murphy

why you post a hawthorn 2015 video?

Reality is its gunna happen, so what should we go?

Here are some of the options that have been discussed in the past, so discuss and vote:

1) The VFL Away Top
Big issue is IF we need WAFL approval, can we get it
Richmond-2014-Clash_zpsb5e5983b.png

2) White with Yellow Bordered Sash
Very similar to the Bombers, but white not the grey.
2014Richmondwhiteclash_zps20d1b437.png

3) Yellow with logo
Our old preseason top - may need more yellow for approval though
BF7_402693_500.jpg

4) White with logo
As above, just a white jumper with the Tiger (a fav on the main board with neutrals)
richmondwhiteclash.png

5) Yellow with RFC shield in the middle
would need white/yellow shorts
richmondpreseason.png

6) White with RFC shield in the middle
same as above

7) Modified Heritage Y
Would need to be inverted, with yellow body and black Y
Richmond-Heritage-2004.gif

8) Modified Heritage Bumblebee
Would probably need wider yellow or narrower black, or few black to get AFL approval
clashjumper.png

9) Heritage Stripes
Again, would probably need narrower black stripes to comply
Richmond-Heritage.gif

10) Modified Heritage Yellow with Black Centre Bar
This is modified from our black with yellow original design
RichmondFauxback.png

11) Black V
The one on the left
npjkaq.jpg

12) Yellow with RFC
Yellow version on the right
richmondmono.png

I actually quite like those last 2

How come the current clash jumper is not an option. I don't dislike it. A better option than yellow with a black stripe. That looks s**t.

The whole premise of the thread is we would not be allowed to continue using the current clash as the afl has said it's an inadequate clash against the wce and port tops

I figured the current clash jumper would be selling so cheap because the only game we've worn it in was the most humiliating display of the past 5 years.

Back