• Yellow with black bar

Votes: 8 3.3%
  • Yellow with black V

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • Yellow with RFC

Votes: 1 0.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

We don't need to wear it against the Saints or the Druggos, but you can bet we will, as well as against West Coast, Adelaide, and soon enough, Carlton and Collingwood, maybe Freo and Hawthorn, and possibly even every away game in the not too distant future.

Slippery slope. We're on it. Yay.

They have had us wearing a clash against Efc since year dot, so good luck arguing that we won't be wearing it against them.

You seem to think this is a fan/club thing, and we are opening the door. Problem is it's not, and you are missing the major change that has happened.

Originally clashes were brought in to stop player confusion on the field. The game has changed though. The reason the AFL (not RICHMOND) vetoed our clash against WCE and port was it didn't create enough contrast on television.

1) it's now about creating contrast, not avoiding a clash
2) it's all about how it looks on tv now

Now we come to last season, as the article says the AFL has issued a directive to ALL clubs to come up with more distinct clash strips. After vetoing ours against WCE and port, there was no chance in hell of us being allowed to snub them again.

So change was always going to happen, it was then down to whether we managed the change, or let the afl do it for us (which would be a white top with a friggin cartoon kitty on it).

On the clubs, it will expand, and there is nothing we can do about it. It's either go in the yellow and black, or the afl designed white. The number of clubs we play in the clash though will expand due to the afl directive to maximize contrast.

On the bumblebee, I liked it, came close to voting for it, but it didn't enjoy huge support here. Also there could be an argument that it needs more black removed from the front (I flagged early on a hoop many need to be removed) in order to maximize contrast and get afl approval. That does change the design a bit (someone did mock one up)

This was the mock up Grockadoc did, IMO the reverse sash is much stronger

2rp8rok.png

I can see how the AFL may push for us to wear it when playing away against Carlton, but I don't think its needed against Brisbane

Blues always surprises me, I consider it more of a clash than Freo ffs

Just looking at the website, I think it's a lighting issue. The men's home replica looks like a lighter read than all the other home replicas

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just placed my order, gonna stand out like dog's nuts but damn it looks too good to not get.

All that complaining by Groupie_ was damn well worth it, good stuff mate!!!!
I ordered mine this morning. Pretty sure I was the first :)

RFC is gonna sell a tonne of these things in fact it'll probably outsell the home guernsey this year cos that has been the same since 2011 (collar design and sponsors)

Genuine lol. They could at least have taken the pic against a dark background.

Apparently most were that bad, they did a clean up a few days ago

I love that you keep bringing this up like its a bad thing
Very bad cos a collar freshen up every 2 years is good . and BLK's collar is rubbish compared to other apparel manufacturers

Also noticed that they're already selling em at today's game in Footscray. If someone from here buys one can you post a pic ?

Back