"New drug and two more clubs in AFL doping saga"

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spot on. That EFC supporters are prepared to ignore what want on at their club demonstrates they are as unconscionable as that lowlife scumbag who coaches the club. The only difference between Hird & these supporters is that Hird has been rewarded handsomely for his unconscionable behaviour while the supporters have copped their club being kicked out of the finals & then been asked to contribute to paying the scumbag's legal fees.

On a side note, I see the scumbag has just returned from completing another business course overseas.
He had to repeat the ethics subject after failing the first time :)

As long as Carlton can provide proof that their employed coach didn't give these banned substances that he sought out and bought to any of his players then they should be alright.

If not, I call Carlton players cheats.

Ha Ha Ha....Now that will hurt, coming from the "We support Jimmy, at any cost"

Whilst most clubs would fray and crumble over all the speculation by finger-pointing and ripping at each other's throats, our club has remained defiantly united as best could be expected despite the unprecedented media attacks. Of this, I am very proud of my club. And whatever your opinion of Hird, there is no denying his strength of conviction in the face of the character assassination. I still have questions for the club/board that need to be answered, and much of the handling of the saga in the early stages I am not proud of. But what good does a misinformed lynching of the club achieve? It would merely set us back for decades of bitterness I'd have thought.

I have read some nonsense on this site but your opening statement is up there with the best.
Have you questioned the club yet or are you waiting to see if the Essendon propaganda machine provides you the answers ??????

what's with all the deflection angst in a thread for discussing issues raised by asada at 'other clubs' regarding 'banned supplements'.

No angst. Only that the Bock accusation has been public knowledge since May 2013. The accusation against an ex-Carlton coach is very interesting, but seeing as ASADA tended that in their own evidence we can be pretty comfortable that that case has been investigated.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Deflect, deflect, deflect. You're club got caught cheating under the leadership of one of the worst people to ever be associated with the game. It is your players/ex-players that are currently before the tribunal. It is your club that got kicked out of the finals. It is your club that has been spending millions on legal fees to prevent the truth coming out.

I think it was for poor governance *******, but carry on.

Yes that's what Carlton supporters did when hit with Salary cap penalties. We all stood by Elliott and allowed him to take the AFL to court.... oh wait we didn't, we voted him out and removed his name from the stand.:rolleyes:

Bear in mind that at the time legal opinion was that the Salary Cap could be challenged and almost definately beaten it in court on restraint of trade grounds. The Blues would have almost certainly beaten the cheating rap if they'd gone, but the Carlton board opted not to. Something Ian Collins said he later regretted in light of the harshness of the penalty.

On November 3rd, 2012, former President John Elliot told the Heraldsun that

“We knew we were legal, but Collo (Ian Collins) thought we would get off light if we (admitted it). He wouldn’t take them to the Supreme Court. Then he disclosed a few things about (Craig) Bradley and (Stephen) Silvagni to the AFL.”

Former Carlton president and former AFL General manager Ian Collins told the Heraldsun on August 8, 2013 that

“Historically there have been a number of ‘crimes’ committed by clubs breaching the AFL’s rules in which the penalties seem to far outweigh the breach. On reflection, Carlton would have been better advised taking the matter to court where fines of this magnitude ($930,000 in 2002) are rarely seen.”

I really love the "if this was us, I would have called for everyone's sackings straight away" line.

No, you wouldn't. If Essendon was never involved and it had been your club solely in the gun for the last 2 year, you'd be defending your club the same way Essendon supporters have been.

Bullshit. Might make you feel less tainted, but bullshit it is.

Carlton not only cleaned out the arrogant * ers responsible, we tore the name off a grandstand for good measure.

At Essendon, in contrast, we have Hird given a million dollar gift, Thompson gets a promotion and a pay rise and Reid goes into the Hall of Fame.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back