Teams New England Patriots - The Pats

Remove this Banner Ad

Good win against a soft team.

I don't feel the need to get ahead of myself but the Seahawks are vulnerable. They can be run on between the tackles and Rodgers showed that you can beat their man coverage with accuracy and great route design. For the Patriots to win they need to take away Marshawn Lynch, limit Wilson's scrambling options and play tight coverage. Keep the game in front of the D and let Brady do what he does. If there is one thing that worries me it's Seattle's speed on D. Those passing lanes close pretty quickly and Brady has been making some poor decisions of late. Seattle is a team that punishes you for those mistakes.

This is going to be a great game. The acquisitions of Revis, Browner, LaFell, Branch etc. were made for this very reason. Let's see if they're up to it. Whichever way it turns out, it's affirmation of one of football's great dynasties or the legitimation of its new one.

Should be a good SB .

The Seahawks will be a formidable challenge.
No doubt about that.

Who ever wins the Lombardie are going to have played a hell of a game and will be worthy winners.

Going to be a long two weeks .

Officially game day for us (well in the relevant states).

Let's go Pats.
Talk about insulting to Mass. Conn. RI. Ver. NH. and Mai. fans.
They're the locals, the true back bone of New England and you want to insult them to make yourself feel superior?

You're the stereotype, you're why people hate your team. You should just leave (like you did earlier this season) and let the real fans who have been around all year enjoy this time.

Last edited:

tempAP684954456536--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg

tempAP527219303119--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg

tempAP317778459779--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg

They're the locals, the true back bone of New England and you want to insult them to make yourself feel superior?

You're the stereotype, you're why people hate your team. You should just leave (like you did earlier this season) and let the real fans who have been around all year enjoy this time.

I'm just going to assume you're trolling and move on .

Really happy with the win today, l don't mean to sound arrogant and disrespectful to the Colts but l always felt that the real AFC Championship game was last week beating the Ravens. The Ravens have always troubled us at Gillette and after getting over them l was always super confident we'd beat the Colts whose defense is just not quite up to the real good teams standard yet. They have a soft division and a future champion in Luck so no doubt we'll be seeing them again and again at playoff time over the next few years.

Well back onto us, what a game from Minitron. I never imagined when Welker left that Edelman would be just as good if not better than WW was for us. The difference between the two is that Edelman is so clutch. It's massive for our offense that on 3rd down we have three options in Minitron, Gronk and Lafell who are all tough and have great hands. It really keeps the opposition D guessing where it's going.

Brady as always had a great game as always but praise has to go to the O line who protected him well and opened it up for Blount who was huge all game. If Blount can run for 3/4 as many yards as Lynch in two weeks time it's going to go a long way towards us winning.

After watching both games today l have no doubt we are a massive chance to win it all in two weeks time. Obviously stopping Lynch is the key, but l also don't expect Wilson to have a game like today. He will be much better in two weeks time. Our D will have to be switched on. Revis on Baldwin and l liked Browner on the tight end today as tight ends have got away from us a couple of times this season. So Browner on Kearse would be a matchup l would like to see.

Anyway it's going to be a great two weeks build up to the game, l already can't wait for it. Go Pats.

Sell out against the run, and hope our corners can get the job done in single coverage?

Surely the way to go against Seattle?
New England's Secondary is significantly better than Seattle's Wide Receivers and Tight Ends. The problem is, the Secondary needs to play tight for 8 seconds thanks to Wilson's scrambling ability. The Defensive Line needs to keep him in the pocket and force him to scramble up field rather than laterally.

Last edited:
what row of 121 are ya?
Near the back or front?
I'm not in 121, I think its about the middle. I'm not giving my exact seat location...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

New England's Secondary is significantly better than Seattle's Wide Receivers and Tight Ends. The problem is, the Secondary needs to play tight for 8 seconds thanks to Wilson's scrambling ability. The Defensive Line needs to keep him in the pocket and force him to scramble up field rather than laterally.
And avoiding OH penalties is going to be big whilst Wilson is extending the plays.

ausbacker has hit the nail on the head to where this game will be won & lost.

O-Line needs to give Brady time to execute. The Pats know that the G-Men's D-Line was the thorn in their SB losses and with 'lesser receiving corps' talent for Seattle in comparison… stopping Wilson from breaking out of the pocket is gonna be crucial if the Pats RUN D is keying Beast Mode for much of the game. Only takes a few loose scrambles to rattle any D. Pats have a running game that will surely keep the Dan Quinn's D honest.

Pats need a fast start. Can't afford to keep Seahawks hanging around as we all know that a momentum swing of just one score that can really make things awkward in trying to protect a small lead… Pats will have enough receivers / TE's to trouble the Seahawks provided the O-line can cope as I expect the Seahawks D-Line to be test Brady. Short passing sounds like trouble. Deflections can easily occur as the Seahawks proved in last years Big Dance. I expect BB to continue dialling his eligible blockers to play a big part in confusing the Seahawks D. It's just whether everyone is on the same page with formations as the Pats were flagged for getting it wrong. Seahawks will feast on such calamity mistakes. That's the only reservations I have on the Pats. BB trying to outsmart himself and NOT look after #1… #12 can't afford to cop a lick… coz we all know he is no BIG BEN.

ausbacker has hit the nail on the head to where this game will be won & lost.

O-Line needs to give Brady time to execute. The Pats know that the G-Men's D-Line was the thorn in their SB losses and with 'lesser receiving corps' talent for Seattle in comparison… stopping Wilson from breaking out of the pocket is gonna be crucial if the Pats RUN D is keying Beast Mode for much of the game. Only takes a few loose scrambles to rattle any D. Pats have a running game that will surely keep the Dan Quinn's D honest.

Pats need a fast start. Can't afford to keep Seahawks hanging around as we all know that a momentum swing of just one score that can really make things awkward in trying to protect a small lead… Pats will have enough receivers / TE's to trouble the Seahawks provided the O-line can cope as I expect the Seahawks D-Line to be test Brady. Short passing sounds like trouble. Deflections can easily occur as the Seahawks proved in last years Big Dance. I expect BB to continue dialling his eligible blockers to play a big part in confusing the Seahawks D. It's just whether everyone is on the same page with formations as the Pats were flagged for getting it wrong. Seahawks will feast on such calamity mistakes. That's the only reservations I have on the Pats. BB trying to outsmart himself and NOT look after #1… #12 can't afford to cop a lick… coz we all know he is no BIG BEN.
The more things change the more they stay the same Woodson. The Packers gave us a great blueprint to beat the Seattle D and contain their O. The difference between McCarthy and Belichick is Belichick has balls. Let's see if they get into some similar situations as Green Bay and play big boy football or cower into the corner and take the easy option.

The more things change the more they stay the same Woodson. The Packers gave us a great blueprint to beat the Seattle D and contain their O. The difference between McCarthy and Belichick is Belichick has balls. Let's see if they get into some similar situations as Green Bay and play big boy football or cower into the corner and take the easy option.

Nobody doubts BB has the balls to make such decisions but it's more about measuring the moment to understanding the 'timing' when BB chooses to pull that lever which is the trapdoor to the oppositions doom. I think that allowing the opposing team to hang around is flawed with DANGER. Playing conservative will bite BB in the arse if he thinks a 14 point lead is stable enough, even in the first half. NE will want to score FOUR times in the first half AT LEAST to have any chance and we're not talking about Gostkowski getting pats on the back. 21+ is where YOU wanna be at HT. SCOREBOARD PRESSURE on Seattle. Anything less and you're in for another heartbreak.

The way I see it, Pats will have to sell out to stop the run and trust their secondary to contain the Seattle WR's who really aren't very good. On the flip side, I think the Seattle pass rush will give the Pats offensive line problems and their WR's will struggle against the Seattle secondary. Actually both teams match up pretty well. Gronk could be the difference.

The way I see it, Pats will have to sell out to stop the run and trust their secondary to contain the Seattle WR's who really aren't very good. On the flip side, I think the Seattle pass rush will give the Pats offensive line problems and their WR's will struggle against the Seattle secondary. Actually both teams match up pretty well. Gronk could be the difference.

Their secondary plays full speed though. Always. Misdirection from the offense increases the chances that their secondary over commits in certain situations and creates the opportunity for some serious yardage... if you have say a smart QB and smart receivers.

I just think Seattle play on the edge, all the time, high intensity and high emotion... a clinical offense (that's sufficiently talented) can take advantage of that IMO

Remove this Banner Ad

Back