Teams New England Patriots - The Pats

Remove this Banner Ad

20706_10152499319561504_3114306205356650884_n.jpg

Gatorade Bath

10981217_10152499320331504_5607330065020159640_n.jpg

10382173_10152499320636504_2553709152652602266_n.jpg

10982487_10152499321536504_1979627604357391862_n.jpg

1549208_10152500947816504_8839899539230800481_n.jpg

Call it as I see it… as JD has already said.. in the other thread.. "people have a strange definition of what cheating is"

Yes, the Pats were caught for spy gate.. no Lombardi won… the Pats/ BB were punished.. we moved on. Some insecure folks need to carry as the club identity unfortunately. It's no different to such superstars of AFL having 'indescretions' off the field.. so what, they're not clean skins.. :rolleyes: lets take back all their glory and strip them of everything they achieved.. HA!! If those who chose to play that 'game' ….guess what… they're gonna be fOUND as HYPOCRITES!! sooner than later. That's from lessons learned myself. I re-adjusted my thinking process. Admit you were WRONG and move on.. that's what the Pats did, copped the flack and we turned the page..

I can never work out if JD is taking the piss or not.

What a whirlwind :fire::fire: EUPHORIC trip Rory!! SENSATIONAL write up :thumbsu::thumbsu: and how good of a start to the trip with a FREE UPGRADE to a 'Stang!! :fire::fire:

I've already posted on your fb wall so you know where it's at. Maybe… I get to experience that same EUPHORIA myself… who knows?? until then..
I got my TWO BLINGS.. (Jostens) Same ring maker of the official NFL BLINGS. Some folks choose to ink their bodies.. I'll collect BLINGs instead. :)

2015-02-02%2012.22.22_zpswsmljd9b.jpg

I still watch that last drive in amazement. You could see how dejected Butler was after "that catch" He had played really well up till then after replacing Arrington and you could see how disappointed he was after that freak play. Then the coaches yelling "Malcolm GO" shortly after and off he went. Rest is history. IRS wants $ if Brady gives him the truck he won, so Brady should just, buy him what ever the hell he wants with his own money. I know I would.

What a breakdown.. thanx for find this article Galactic. At the time… I was trying to work out what the HECK happened… looking at the players reaction gave me a clue and then it come to light about ten seconds later. I can imagine how heavy and PUMPING your/ everyone's HEART involved would be. JUSt Wow!!…

Reminded me of James Harrison pick (six) of Kurt Warner in SB XLIII…. lock in a WR and make a bees-line for that angle he was running in. Incredible..

http://www.boston.com/sports/footba...nterception/8N2PFbTRRjAGrhSGJlMfLO/story.html

69f194d9-0c64-4f5e-8d72-4c0c118ca776-300x200.jpeg

BUTLER REDEMPTION!! And he's an UNDRAFTED ROOKIE!!

What a breakdown.. thanx for find this article Galactic. At the time… I was trying to work out what the HECK happened… looking at the players reaction gave me a clue and then it come to light about ten seconds later. I can imagine how heavy and PUMPING your/ everyone's HEART involved would be. JUSt Wow!!…

Reminded me of James Harrison pick (six) of Kurt Warner in SB XLIII…. lock in a WR and make a bees-line for that angle he was running in. Incredible..

http://www.boston.com/sports/footba...nterception/8N2PFbTRRjAGrhSGJlMfLO/story.html

69f194d9-0c64-4f5e-8d72-4c0c118ca776-300x200.jpeg

BUTLER REDEMPTION!! And he's an UNDRAFTED ROOKIE!!

Oh man, it a moment I'm never gona forget. I wasn't there, but I was there. The intensity of this game was unmeasurable and I'm sure many patriots fans could agree. Other SB's were intense too,each had their own feel, but this seemed way more full on. Maybe because of the others in a way. Most recently the ravens game was INTENSE, but this dwarfed that experience being the SB. Definitely shortened my life, but it was worth it! :)

Best story about it is he is an UFA. BB said "the few, the proud, the free" (normally marines) and I'd loved that analogy. I've always had a huge amount of respect for all the UFA's in the league. Battlers, rather than the silver spoon first rounders. Epic is the only way I can describe the whole thing. Pats could never win again and really couldnt complain, not that I expect it. Its all house money now and from the way Wilfork BB and others are already talking they are like" oh well that was last year, were looking forward to next year. I guess their nice enough to leave the partying to us.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One week on and how many times have you seen the Butler interception?

I'd be well past 25 times :)
Only 57 times. My work unfortunately isn't in front of a computer.

bomberbaird

Senior List
Jun 6, 2011
Narre Warren
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Pats, Red sox, Bruins, Liverpool
Alright I have my photos up but I'll give a bit of a rundown about the whole week and experiences first.

We arrived in Vegas on the Wednesday and spent a couple of nights there. Hired a car to drive down to Phoenix. They had to give us a free upgrade from a Ford Focus to a soft top Mustang but unfortunately it was raining the whole drive down to Phoenix. Fun drive none the less. On the rest stops along the way we encountered a lot of Seattle fans but we were all in good spirits and a lot of them were amazed we'd come all the way from Australia for the game.

Myself and my friend arrived in Phoenix on Friday afternoon. I had another mate in Phoenix for the game, he posts on BigFooty as PhoenixPower. He was on a holiday and it just happened that he was going to the Superbowl anyway so we caught up with him and his mate that Friday night and had drinks at Majerle's downtown. It was right next to the NFL live site and the place was absolutely pumping. People everywhere and the mood was party. We had a couple of drinks then went to the Suns Bulls game at US Airways Center. After the game we found a local family playing some street ball and joined in, they had kids and they were so enthusiastic. They loved we were from Australia and we showed them the fine art of punting and kicking.

On Saturday we got up nice and early because we'd booked for the NFL experience at the Phoenix Convention center. Again it was packed and people were everywhere. Lines for everything, having to wait at least 30 minutes for a lot of things. I skipped a lot of the activities, but a lot of them were more aimed at kids. After we finished up there I drove out to the Stadium as we had to pick up our tickets at the StubHub service centre. I was a bit nervous because there'd been a lot of reports of people missing out on tickets but it was fine we got our tickets. There were a lot of people out at the stadium and again the place was pumping.

When we got back we'd planned going back to downtown but our mate was staying out at Gilbert and was more keen to head to Scottsdale for the night so we decided to go out there and see another part of town. It was a mad house because the major golf tournament was on, club were pumping and people everywhere. We went to where they were doing ESPN and I managed to get my Port Adelaide flag shown on SportsCenter. We finished up earlyish even though I'd had a few drinks.

Sunday morning arrives and we get up nice and early, we look outside and theres a massive fog, could hardly see anything. Our mates arrived and we cabbed it out the stadium at 10. We got there and there were already people everywhere tailgating etc. I had the stub hub official pre game party so went there and demolished free food and beers. The game started at 4:30 local time so we made our way to the stadium at 2 and getting is wasn't as much of a hassle than I anticipated but there were cops everywhere, I felt very safe. Once we got in we met up with our other mates and had some beers at $12 a pop lol. I said I wouldn't drink much but by the time the game started I'd already had 3 or 4. Seahawks fans were loud, very loud and there were a lot of them around. The whole build up was fantastic, the players running out, the national anthem, the flyover. We sat right behind the Patriots end zone in section 120, and were right in view behind the uprights. You can spot me and my mate holding up the Australian flag a few times on the broadcast. The game itself had me pretty tense, we had some Seahawk fans behind us but they were pretty cool and a few corporates too. Halftime was better than I expected and was a good way to kind of just relax for 20 minutes or so before the second half began.

The second half was crazy, third quarter I though we were done for down 24-14. When we got it to 24-21 I thought we'd be going into OT, that three and out was huge then the drive to hit the lead (of which there's a video I'll put up) was amazing. Everything seemed to happen so fast. The there was the Kearse catch and I was shattered, thinking here we go again another miracle catch to rob us of a Superbowl win. I was in the endzone the end we scored but I had a great line of sight and knew it was a catch as soon as it happened, I was just hoping for a miracle....... that miracle happened. At first I had no idea what had happened but I saw the Pats sideline going absolutely crazy so I assume it was either a sack, fumble or pick. There were flags going everywhere and I was so worried it was coming back. When it was confirmed it wasnt coming back I started going MENTAL. It was party time. One of the most amazing few hours of my life and I don't regret for one second the 7.5k it cost me for a 7 day trip. Truly amazing.

After the game we stuck around and watched the presentations, players came past and just celebrated with fellow Pats fans. Outside the stadium it was just pure jubilation, high fives, fist pumps. We eventually found a cab, he charged us double the amount but we took it because it was mayhem. The cab driver was smoking weed and on his phone, I was chugging a bottle of whiskey and hanging out the window yelling at everyone. We got back to the room and I'd left my wallet in the cab so I had to call and cancel all my cards but I didn't give a s**t. My mate spotted me some cash and we went downtown to party. Surprisingly there weren't many people downtown but we found some Patriots fans to party with. My memory gets a little fuzzy after that but I woke up with one hell of a hangover, the best hangover I've ever had.

We went out, got some food and tried to find championship merch but it was all gone. I picked up a few newspapers though. After that it was time to go home. Airports were packed and the Seattle fans were pretty good, the came up and had a chat even though I couldn't really talk as my voice was shot. Boston people were happy although a lot of them were facing delays. Was a long trip home but well worth it.

You legend, sounds like one hell of a good time!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back