Teams New England Patriots - The Pats

Remove this Banner Ad

Time to put the feet up, recharge the batteries for the big push to Arizona.

At Indy, at Green Bay and at San Diego along with the Lions at Foxboro after the bye week, then 3 divisional games to finish up. Good thing we're 7-2 I'll be happy to take 5-2 from that lot, though it wouldn't disappoint me to be 7-0 either. All tough, confidence is up though which is always a good thing, not sure if the bye week coming now is a help, sort out some of the banged up bodies or a hindrance given we've just battered the SB favourite.

Time to put the feet up, recharge the batteries for the big push to Arizona.

At Indy, at Green Bay and at San Diego along with the Lions at Foxboro after the bye week, then 3 divisional games to finish up. Good thing we're 7-2 I'll be happy to take 5-2 from that lot, though it wouldn't disappoint me to be 7-0 either. All tough, confidence is up though which is always a good thing, not sure if the bye week coming now is a help, sort out some of the banged up bodies or a hindrance given we've just battered the SB favourite.
7-0 or bust. ;)

I'm looking forward to the rest of the season because there are no easy games remaining. For the first time in a while, the Patriots will have to truly work hard to secure the AFC East and #1 seed in the AFC. Let's see if they're up to the challenge.

Today was the first game this season that I began to believe that the D may not just be a complimentary unit.

That's the impressive thing for me, the D performed exceptionally well against that much vaunted Donkeys offence. The fact that it's such a tricky division this season I think might well be good for the lads going into the post season. If we do win the East and take the number 1 AFC seeding into the playoffs it will have been hard earned.

What do people think of Browner? He's getting a few penalties on him each game. I haven't been watching him that closely to see how he's going. Seems like he plays constantly on that 'edge' of being penalised. Is he that sort of player, or is he being a little too enthusiastic?

What do people think of Browner? He's getting a few penalties on him each game. I haven't been watching him that closely to see how he's going. Seems like he plays constantly on that 'edge' of being penalised. Is he that sort of player, or is he being a little too enthusiastic?
He was a high energy, high effort guy that played on the boundaries of the rules with Seattle. Some of the calls against him have been horse s**t. I'm at ease with Browner doing what he does. It's been some time since the Patriots secondary had swag. Revis and Browner have brought a heap of it to New England.

7-0 or bust. ;)

I'm looking forward to the rest of the season because there are no easy games remaining. For the first time in a while, the Patriots will have to truly work hard to secure the AFC East and #1 seed in the AFC. Let's see if they're up to the challenge.

Today was the first game this season that I began to believe that the D may not just be a complimentary unit.
Also factor in we're missing our best (imo) defensive player at the moment, Chandler Jones. I'd throw in Mayo too but he won't be back. Ayers was impressive too.

How's LaFell? Talk about coming on quick. Looks to have taken away Dobson's spot for sure. Seems to be doing better in the system than many of late and gaining Brady's trust. Has some drops though, but improving week by week. Having the consistent option at x opens things right up for Gronk and Minitron. The run game is hit and miss, but the passing game is alive. Shut that down and we could have problems, harder to do with more contributors and a functioning oline. Seemed impossible to contemplate the turnaround just a few weeks ago. Browner and Revis have also brought a ton to the D, the flags are annoying, but they bring enough to overlook them to an extent. Like Rodney Harrison said, best D in 10 years and he would know! Its the aggressive D's of old that won us championships as we all know. Hope we can get that going again and the last game showed that we can be effective against great passing O's and slowing the run which we'll need against teams like pit,ind,den ect. Likely playoff teams. Gotta beat them to have a shot.

How's LaFell? Talk about coming on quick. Looks to have taken away Dobson's spot for sure. Seems to be doing better in the system than many of late and gaining Brady's trust. Has some drops though, but improving week by week. Having the consistent option at x opens things right up for Gronk and Minitron. The run game is hit and miss, but the passing game is alive. Shut that down and we could have problems, harder to do with more contributors and a functioning oline. Seemed impossible to contemplate the turnaround just a few weeks ago. Browner and Revis have also brought a ton to the D, the flags are annoying, but they bring enough to overlook them to an extent. Like Rodney Harrison said, best D in 10 years and he would know! Its the aggressive D's of old that won us championships as we all know. Hope we can get that going again and the last game showed that we can be effective against great passing O's and slowing the run which we'll need against teams like pit,ind,den ect. Likely playoff teams. Gotta beat them to have a shot.
Something that needs to be addressed is the extra pass rush Akeem Ayers has provided. For the relative low cost to acquire him, what he's done inside of 2 weeks is incredible. It's almost been a plug and play acquisition which simply doesn't happen in New England. Further to the point, Casillas was huge on Special Teams (this unit should never be overlooked) and the signing of Branch is going to make a difference. If New England stops the run, that forces teams to throw at our strength, the secondary. Who would have thought we'd be saying that this season?

Historically, I have not been a fan of Patrick Chung but his improvement over the course of the season has been tremendous. He's still a liability in the passing game but he's not as much as liability as he has been in the past. Perhaps he has finally found his role as an in the box Safety.

Yeah Ayers, Collins, chung! I know, crazy. Cant say ennough about special teams, never speak about them but they are huge for us and always play well. Even when the O or D is sucking they always remain consistent. Very few bad days. Yeah recent additions are really coming along well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There's not much I can add that others haven't said already other than I would be very, very disappointed if James Develin didn't come away with a game ball from the Colts game. Some of his blocks were brutal. He cleaned out lanes and eliminated Colts defenders.

Ah, the FB creating holes for a power back. Colour me impressed.

Sweet victory! We are just getting better each week...we now have a good solid and I mean solid back!

Gronks TD at the end was so good!

Blount has done nothing but * up since he got to the Steelers, it's like he had. Half a dozen good games with us and thought he was Marshawn lynch.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back