Brighton Homes Arena (Springfield) discussions

Remove this Banner Ad

I live in Everton Park and pardon my french what a load of ......

To say you are an expert on soil stability because you live in an area is like saying I'm an expert on internal combustion because I drive a car.

We've done a fair bit of demolition in Everton Park over the years. Most areas have pretty standard soil stability. Some areas do not. The houses in these unstable areas have massive footings to compensate for the soil instability and they still move/subside quite a bit.

But I'm sure you've done an extensive soil survey of the area yourself though so I must be full of s**t :rolleyes:. There are similar problems in a number of areas on the Northside. Usually these problems are often very localised. IE Some streets in Alderley have been built on a reclaimed riverbed. No one outside that street has any idea about it, and the owners there aren't exactly shouting it from the mountain tops for obvious reasons.

To say you are an expert on soil stability because you live in an area is like saying I'm an expert on internal combustion because I drive a car.

We've done a fair bit of demolition in Everton Park over the years. Most areas have pretty standard soil stability. Some areas do not. The houses in these unstable areas have massive footings to compensate for the soil instability and they still move/subside quite a bit.

But I'm sure you've done an extensive soil survey of the area yourself though so I must be full of s**t :rolleyes:. There are similar problems in a number of areas on the Northside. Usually these problems are often very localised. IE Some streets in Alderley have been built on a reclaimed riverbed. No one outside that street has any idea about it, and the owners there aren't exactly shouting it from the mountain tops for obvious reasons.

Im sorry I posted that offensive comment. I had a migrane at the time so my filters were off so to speak.. Im sorry if i gave offence.

I think this is pretty on the money. I work at Stafford and I get a sinking feeling whenever I come to work.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Springfield base seems to be going ahead. I work in the construction industry and one of the project websites we use has updated the status this morning of stages 1 & 2 of the facility to have the design application to be submitted by early 2015. It looks to be state of the art however I can see the issue with the distance from the Gabba.

The Springfield base seems to be going ahead. I work in the construction industry and one of the project websites we use has updated the status this morning of stages 1 & 2 of the facility to have the design application to be submitted by early 2015. It looks to be state of the art however I can see the issue with the distance from the Gabba.
Thanks for the tip.

Interesting.

Would they not be likely to develop a sports centre there, even without the Lions?
Doesn't the status just mean the design application is expected, but not necessarily forthcoming?

Would they not be likely to develop a sports centre there, even without the Lions?
Doesn't the status just mean the design application is expected, but not necessarily forthcoming?

BRISBANE LIONS TRAINING & ADMINISTRATION CENTRE STAGE 1 (Completion date Oct 2017)
BRISBANE LIONS TRAINING & ADMINISTRATION CENTRE STAGE 2 (Completion date Nov 2018)

These are the two headings for the projects. You are right, they may just go ahead and build these anyway as Springfield from a construction point of view is booming however the developer for these two projects is listed as The Brisbane Lions Football Club, so yeah.

BRISBANE LIONS TRAINING & ADMINISTRATION CENTRE STAGE 1 (Completion date Oct 2017)
BRISBANE LIONS TRAINING & ADMINISTRATION CENTRE STAGE 2 (Completion date Nov 2018)

These are the two headings for the projects. You are right, they may just go ahead and build these anyway as Springfield from a construction point of view is booming however the developer for these two projects is listed as The Brisbane Lions Football Club, so yeah.
Interesting. Those timeframes are different from what was originally proposed (mid 2016 for completion of stage 1; no specified tiemframe for stage 2 IIRC). That indicates that this is a revision.

Interesting. Those timeframes are different from what was originally proposed (mid 2016 for completion of stage 1; no specified tiemframe for stage 2 IIRC). That indicates that this is a revision.

Use to use Cordells / BTA & Tender Search for a past job... Found the info was not accurate as it was not uncommon for the planning departments at Councils to alter the project dates completion... even when said project didn't have complete funding.. Tender Search started to put the likelihood status on their projects.

Placeholder content in websites is not an uncommon thing. I'm not saying it isn't going ahead but I wouldn't be surprised if it also wasn't some fastidious web content owner making sure everything was up to date.

So now we may not be going anywhere...

Did I read the email correctly??

Lot of stuff in that e-mail to unpack.

I got:
- Springfield is dead in the water;
- we may not be able to afford new facilities at the moment anyway;
- we'll get back to you;
- when you're filling in your voting slip, please don't hang the incumbents for the Springfield debacle.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back