Brighton Homes Arena (Springfield) discussions

Remove this Banner Ad

Plenty of room to start reclaiming the cemetery next door... pretty sure the section closest to QE2 is just lawn cemetery anyway. You can fit a couple of football fields in the lawn cemetery area without disturbing any plots. It's a pretty middle-class graveyard too so shouldn't be any bad juju...

It would be our luck for some poor unfortunate soul to work his way out of the ground and snag somebody....out for the season in a training mishap!!

Wasn't QE2 destroyed during the floods and been neglected since? Or have they done some repair work since? Anyone know if its a shared venue? Hoping we can rip down the stadium and athletics track.
Which floods? QEII was used as an evacuation centre in the 2011 floods.

If it floods, then this is happening
imgthe%20day%20after%20tomorrow1.jpg

Although Toowoomba flooded in the last floods

The difference there was that Brisbane's floods were human error. Toowoomba's floods was God's attempt to wipe that hole off the face of the earth.

The difference there was that Brisbane's floods were human error. Toowoomba's floods was God's attempt to wipe that hole off the face of the earth.

Come on Toowoomba is not that bad:(. Many of us grew up there (me), have friends and family still up there some who are long time Lions members and drive 4hrs round trip every fortnight to support this club. TBA is nicer than many parts of Brisbane.

Come on Toowoomba is not that bad:(. Many of us grew up there (me), have friends and family still up there some who are long time Lions members and drive 4hrs round trip every fortnight to support this club. TBA is nicer than many parts of Brisbane.

Spent 15 years in Oakey/Toowoomba. I have zero friends left there. Let the place burn.

Nothing like that fresh mountain air...particularly in midwinter.:)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any chance of the QE2 being redeveloped into a small boutique type stadium for low drawing games or is this purely facilities only?

Any chance of the QE2 being redeveloped into a small boutique type stadium for low drawing games or is this purely facilities only?

Just facilities I'd have thought. Public transport to QEII is a nightmare. In saying that, the Gabba does charge us an enormous amount per game so it might hold some appeal down the track. Right now though I think we'd just be putting all the money we're able to scrape together into facilities for the club rather than looking at public facilities.

If they are able to reshape the ground to being properly AFL sized though, I wouldn't be shocked if it became the home ground of the reserves and also a venue for pre season matches.

What sort of time-line do you think we are running on? 2 to 3 years to finalise location and funding, plan and construct.
If the speed that ministers are signing off on things continues then I'd say 5-6.

What sort of time-line do you think we are running on? 2 to 3 years to finalise location and funding, plan and construct.

If it's QSAC (and it is), it will be up and running some time in 2017, if not in time for the start of season proper.

A big part of the appeal of that site is the quick turnaround time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back