Club History New footage of John Coleman made available

Remove this Banner Ad

Anything would be a handy addition to our forward line at the moment!

The one thing that is frustrating is that Coleman was dubbed one of the greatest aerialists of all time, but there is bugger all footage anywhere to show us this.

I'd love to see some footage of him having an "on" day where he plucks everything.

Just watched On The Couch feat. Tony Charlton who said Coleman was without doubt the greatest player he ever saw and that Bill Jacobs [also an esteemed commentator] agreed and was one of the many who followed him from end to end. I think if I had been around then I would have agreed.

Just looking at that crap delivery, makes you wonder how many goals he would get on the end of passes from the likes of Watson and Goddard.

Just looking at that crap delivery, makes you wonder how many goals he would get on the end of passes from the likes of Watson and Goddard.

He'd be leading into zones and would have bettter defenders on him. At his size he'd be a small these days.

You can't say that any of those guys would have been able to develop into modern footy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hutchinson was the stand out in that little lot I thought if I have number 7 right.

Sort of like today.

Sort of but targets are optimum now.

It was bit like John Kennedy's edict of "get it, kick it as far as you can and make it some one elses worry".

I would say crowd anticipation was greater. The footage seemed to have hope threaded through its every moment.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back