FTA-TV New Foxtel packages from 3 Nov 2014.

Remove this Banner Ad

So frustrating how they spread the channels you want across so many packages.

Of the 43 "Entertainment" channels, I'd only want:
Fox 8
TV Hits
111 Greats
Fox Sports News
Sky News

Total: 5 (Can live without Sky News)

Of the Entertainment Plus channels, I'd want:
Comedy
A&E
Lifestyle Home
Syfy

Total: 4 (Can live without Syfy)

Sports...well, I'd want all the Sports Channels...
Total: 9 (can live without Euro Sports)

Drama:
Showcase
FX
Box Sets
BBC First

Total: 4 (Can live without BBC First and possibly Box Sets)

So effectively I would need to spend $90 per month (including HD) for only 17-22 channels I actually would want...and realistically, if push came to shove, I could live without those picked in the standard package, as I'm sure most of the shows on them rotate through GEM, Go, 7Mate and 11...

Mystar has all FTA channels, seems to be the major advantage over IQ.

Was paying $74 before for Essentials + Sports. Dropped Sports and and have gone with the bare bones $25 package.

Soho, FX and Showcase wold have been nice but not really worth the outlay

Dropped Sport?? That's pretty much the only thing I get it for.

Agreed.

I'm actually doing the maths at the moment to see how much i would save if i get rid of Foxtel and start using things like.

NBA League Pass
NFL Game Pass
NASCAR Race Hub
AFL Online (forget what they call it)
etc etc

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will be tough once the season starts, but it's something that I'm willing to give up.

In the past few years footy and Supercoach have soaked up far too much of my time, so am trying to cut back.

You've changed man.. haha

Too much footy and supercoach?

Struggling to comprehend..

Is anyone else getting Foxtel through Telstra?

I had essentials plus movies (dropped the sport for the summer) and now they have added pretty much every entertainment / documentary channel but no box sets.

Is anyone else getting Foxtel through Telstra?

I had essentials plus movies (dropped the sport for the summer) and now they have added pretty much every entertainment / documentary channel but no box sets.

I've got Foxtel through Telstra but as part of a bundle with Bigpond cable so I've got the Platinum HD package.

My contract was up ages ago so I want to do the threaten to disconnect thing to try and get it cheaper but I'm thinking because it's through Telstra they may not be able to do anything?

I assume these bundles/packages come with a mandatory home phone #dontwant #dontneed

Yeah I've got a home phone connection basically because it was free with the bundle but I've never plugged a phone in to use it - the only calls I would get would be from telemarketers as everyone (except my mum) uses mobiles these days.

Strongly considering getting a subscription for the upcoming season, but I'm confused; you receive a Foxtel iQHD set top box, meaning it's HD video right.. but then you have the option to 'add HD for $10 p/m'. Wtf?

Strongly considering getting a subscription for the upcoming season, but I'm confused; you receive a Foxtel iQHD set top box, meaning it's HD video right.. but then you have the option to 'add HD for $10 p/m'. Wtf?
A HD box simply means it has double the capacity (320GB) of a standard box (160GB). You still need to pay for HD content. My Mum has the old Senior's package but I got her a HD box just so she can record more.

Anyway IQ3 should be out soon, I'd look into that.

A HD box simply means it has double the capacity (320GB) of a standard box (160GB). You still need to pay for HD content. My Mum has the old Senior's package but I got her a HD box just so she can record more.

Anyway IQ3 should be out soon, I'd look into that.
How the hell does having more storage make it High Definition?? Very misleading

Remove this Banner Ad

Back