New Games to keep Saints matches entertaining

Remove this Banner Ad

May 29, 2012
Scotland
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Kingdom Kangaroos, Sandy Zebras
I’ve started playing mini games (could even make them drinking games) during Saints fixtures.

Game 1 - Spot the 3rd Forward.
Don’t read the team lineups. Work out yourself who our 3rd tall is. This week it was at 8:21 left in the 2nd Quarter when I made my first Sam Dunnell sighting. He didn’t have the ball, he ran past the lens when the camera was doing a Lenny close-up.
As a drinking game I’d suggest you have one full drink for every 10 minutes that pass where you can’t tell who our third tall is.

Game 2 – Guess the number; how many times we hit an inside 50, but don’t get a shot on goal from it.
I’ve just been setting an over/under number, and people have to do shots if they guess wrong, but it’s flexible. You could do it per quarter if you have access to live stats.

Game 3 – Seb Ross sightings. Take 1 finger of your drink every time Seb Ross touches the ball. When you start to get thirsty, change it to taking a drink every time someone spots Seb Ross on screen.

How have you all been trying to numb the pain whilst managing to sit through the full duration?

Sep 18, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Leeds United
I’ve started playing mini games (could even make them drinking games) during Saints fixtures.

Don’t read the team lineups. Work out yourself who our 3rd tall is. This week it was at 8:21 left in the 2nd Quarter when I made my first Sam Dunnell sighting. He didn’t have the ball, he ran past the lens when the camera was doing a Lenny close-up.
As a drinking game I’d suggest you have one full drink for every 10 minutes that pass where you can’t tell who our third tall is.

?

If they bring in white and drop Stanley I'm done for the year.

Radius

Cancelled
Dec 18, 2012
AFL Club
St Kilda
If they bring in white and drop Stanley I'm done for the year.
Suspect Dunell has stamped his papers with his last couple of games. In the presser Richo said 8 didn't get it done, you can bet Sam's one of them. IIRC Stanley was 'reasonable at times' lol

kernelT

Can go any club
Aug 15, 2010
Chiraq
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Louis Slungpue
Work out yourself who our 3rd tall is.
Could get pretty drunk looking for the 3rd tall as I reckon we've only played 2 most weeks :)

I like to swig a shot of beer for each minute that we don't kick a goal. 120 - 3 = 117. Fair to say that it ends poorly.

May 29, 2012
Scotland
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Could get pretty drunk looking for the 3rd tall as I reckon we've only played 2 most weeks :)

Well, 3rd forward. Medium forward. Not tall enough, not good enough, so at least run around and sweat a lot forward. Lee / Dunnell / Siposs / Simpkin.

I watch most games on AFL Watch international app. You dont get shown the lineups, coverage starts right before the bounce. Often it's when people are walking off at halftime I think "hey, there's Siposs in the background in a guernsey - he must be playing".

Last edited:
When I first started taking my kids to Saints games( 2008/2009), I brought a big bag of lollies. If they made enough noise when the Saints kicked a goal they got a lolly. It was great. It doesn't work to well lately. They're a bit older now, maybe I could give them a lolly if they swear at a Collingwood/Essendon supporter.

Sep 12, 2013
Gladstone, QLD
AFL Club
St Kilda

Game 2 – Guess the number; how many times we hit an inside 50, but don’t get a shot on goal from it.
I’ve just been setting an over/under number, and people have to do shots if they guess wrong, but it’s flexible. You could do it per quarter if you have access to live stats.

Game 3 – Seb Ross sightings. Take 1 finger of your drink every time Seb Ross touches the ball. When you start to get thirsty, change it to taking a drink every time someone spots Seb Ross on screen.

How have you all been trying to numb the pain whilst managing to sit through the full duration?
Drink up. You must be hammered

(Log in to remove this ad.)

May 29, 2012
Scotland
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Drink up. You must be hammered

Actually...
Game 1 - thanks to Josh Bruce being a constant harrassment to Freo, I didn't have to drink for long before I could identify him.
Game 2 - since we were actually getting people around the contest, instead of the ball dropping to the ground with no pressure from Saints, we were winning a lot of ball and getting shots off (see Joey and Ray as examples), so not many drinks here.
Game 3 - Seb Ross didn't play.

These games were specifically designed so that when our forward structure is better, and we get kicks on goal, and Ross either plays well or not at all - I stay sober enough to enjoy it!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back