News New Jumpers for 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha mate sometimes you make me laugh. There not going to change the clash jumper just because some stuck up old VFL diehards made an obnoxious attempt at a petition. Richmond probably don't give two shits about the whole thing.Its not like there going to go back to blk and ask for a whole new set of jumpers! There was no real reason for you to make this but I applaud you for making an attempt to get up the arse of the brainless minority that are those Richmond fans.

Haha mate sometimes you make me laugh. There not going to change the clash jumper just because some stuck up old VFL diehards made an obnoxious attempt at a petition. Richmond probably don't give two shits about the whole thing.Its not like there going to go back to blk and ask for a whole new set of jumpers! There was no real reason for you to make this but I applaud you for making an attempt to get up the arse of the brainless minority that are those Richmond fans.
Sometimes I over think things a little.

clashyellowshorts.gif

#yellowshortsdammit

Up until 2007 the prevailing rule in football was the club who came into the competition with a jumper too similar to use against existing club jumpers had the obligation to provide an alternate.
This was shown by Geelong in 1914, wearing all Blue against Collingwood when they had released a jumper that looked too much like Collingwood.
And again, in 1925 North Melbourne joined the VFL and were told to either change their Navy VFA jumpers to another colour or wear something different against Carlton. They chose Royal with a White Vee.
1987 West Coast and Brisbane both branded themselves after the reigning premiers, wearing mostly Gold jumpers. And both wore reverse options Home and Away when they played Hawthorn.
The concept of the Home team being given the right to wear their preferred jumper in a clash has only existed for less than 10 years.
For the 100 and some years before it whoever made the clash resolved it.

Now, you mention shorts.
When shorts were first coloured for Home and Away, 1922, they were longer and covered more of the player
84c7d7df63bcd611ebdd64bab160aa0f.jpg

The standard person is 8 times the size of their head.
In 1922 footy jumpers took up the space of two head, call it sections 2 & 3 of the diagram above.
shorts would take up a further 2 1/2 heads in space.
They were actually taking up more space than the jumpers, and that's why it made more sense to wear different coloured shorts than jumpers in games where the jumpers clashed.
Today jumpers are not tucked into shorts, and shorts are shorter and therefore higher up the leg, and so clash jumpers are seens as more of a requirement.
I love your wealth of information Mero. I think that's the first reply to one of my posts on here where I've actually learnt something. :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 112616 Behold the piece de resistance of 2015 Hawthorn shitness, a nice little white see through number

What's wrong with it? It's just an anthem jacket, purposefully designed to show off the guernsey underneath. It's simplistic, goes with brown/white shorts, and will prove effective in keeping the players comfortable from the warm-up until the first bounce.

This board has a campaign against Hawthorn x Adidas, I swear.

Gotta love a guy starting a petition who thinks:

1) we had a choice in making a change

2) can't read our own constitution (bet he never read it, and just assumes it's the same as the Dons one)

3) the old compromise is in anyway a superior looking design to the black sash

What's wrong with it? It's just an anthem jacket, purposefully designed to show off the guernsey underneath. It's simplistic, goes with brown/white shorts, and will prove effective in keeping the players comfortable from the warm-up until the first bounce.

WTF is an anthem jacket?

This 'campaign' as you call it only started this year when they ruined pretty much everything. Everyone was a fan of their 2013/14 range Im pretty sure, it was largely faultless

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back