News New Jumpers for 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a thread for the team 2015 on feild/ off feild gear

Like last year?

Thinking we'll just have it all in the one thread because there ended up being a fair bit of crossover last year. If we can localise the discussion over the off-season then I think that's best; before the season starts I'll put it to a poll whether the weekly threads stay or go (I'm hoping the former)

I also suspect the clash might actually stay the same...

Same, I can't see the clash changing either. Not that it really matters, because Brisbane don't need a clash jumper.

Whatever they come up with will only get worn once or twice a year.

The clash jumper not being released yet.

No real solid reasoning, it's all I have.
They probably just want to leave something to release later. Get fans to buy the home and away first then get them excited to buy the clash closer the start of the season. It would be a very strange move to keep it.

FWIW, St Kilda are having a big clear out "garage sale" at Moorabbin tomorrow. It makes me think that we'll probably have the BLK stuff out before Christmas.

I'm not holding my breath to have it at the draft, though. Last year we were in 2013 gear with "saints.com.au" patches sewn over the Centrebet logos..

They probably just want to leave something to release later. Get fans to buy the home and away first then get them excited to buy the clash closer the start of the season. It would be a very strange move to keep it.

It's also a matter of ensuring happiness. These are uncontroversial and have brought out much adoration and admiration. Throw a controversial clash strip into the mix and more of people's attention wanders over to that...

It's also a matter of ensuring happiness. These are uncontroversial and have brought out much adoration and admiration. Throw a controversial clash strip into the mix and more of people's attention wanders over to that...
I couldn't picture it being too controversial with the brand direction they're heading in. I'm sure they've seen the gold and maroon, Bears-inspired jumper that everyone here has made a version of many times by now so that'd be the obvious option. Alternatively they'd just have a white version of the home jumper.

I'm really interested to see whether they go yellow/white. Logically they'd use a yellow/maroon bears inspired strip but the AFL are stupid in their clash guernsey rules (and inconsistent – Crows aren't allowed to have a yellow clash but Richmond are? Even though Richmond's is largely black anyway?) and would probably have to wear white.

If so, what colour will the lion be?

What a time to be alive.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm really interested to see whether they go yellow/white. Logically they'd use a yellow/maroon bears inspired strip but the AFL are stupid in their clash guernsey rules (and inconsistent – Crows aren't allowed to have a yellow clash but Richmond are? Even though Richmond's is largely black anyway?) and would probably have to wear white.

If so, what colour will the lion be?

What a time to be alive.

As I've read somewhere before and my Lions-supporting mate told me yesterday, it's supposedly a white-based strip with a link to a very old Fitzroy jumper. Make of that what you will. It'd be interesting to see a Lions jumper without a lion on the front...

As I've read somewhere before and my Lions-supporting mate told me yesterday, it's supposedly a white-based strip with a link to a very old Fitzroy jumper. Make of that what you will. It'd be interesting to see a Lions jumper without a lion on the front...
Of course its going to be a link to Fitzroy. They barely bring out a Bears design or throwback as compared to the Melbourne based team.

Most of these would be fairly plain, could go for the first one, with the beige section being maroon?

Screen Shot 2014-10-24 at 10.13.30 pm.png

I was told it was somewhat similar to the 1996 Fitzroy Heritage jumper with the combined yoke/lace-up design. Again, I could be well off, but something to think about

Bit of talk about that on the Lions board too. The one you are talking about is a modified version of the 1897 jumper I think.

Of course its going to be a link to Fitzroy. They barely bring out a Bears design or throwback as compared to the Melbourne based team.

I agree. I'm all for Fitzroy being remembered, it was an absolute farce what happened to the club. However I feel that the merger has forced the combined club to go too far "pro Fitzroy" just to appease the still feeling supporters to make them feel that thier club is still there. I mean seriously. The bears were a club in their own right once upon a time, yet the only real nod the merged club has ever done is the bears jumpers for heritage round and the one this year for the hall of fame. Its really sad to see once half of the club just swallow up the other. If the bears were represented as much as Fitzroy currently are then all the Fitzroy supporters would rightfully be angry. Yet past Fitzroy supporters get to push the club direction and there isn't a whisper from the old bears supporters. I don't think having the club based in Brisbane is a fair trade off tbh. The bears need just as much representing as Fitzroy do on field. A bears clash would allow that.

/rant.

Apparently the first design Brisbane had was rejected by the AFL for not being white enough… Has to be 60% or something.

I agree. I'm all for Fitzroy being remembered, it was an absolute farce what happened to the club. However I feel that the merger has forced the combined club to go too far "pro Fitzroy" just to appease the still feeling supporters to make them feel that thier club is still there. I mean seriously. The bears were a club in their own right once upon a time, yet the only real nod the merged club has ever done is the bears jumpers for heritage round and the one this year for the hall of fame. Its really sad to see once half of the club just swallow up the other. If the bears were represented as much as Fitzroy currently are then all the Fitzroy supporters would rightfully be angry. Yet past Fitzroy supporters get to push the club direction and there isn't a whisper from the old bears supporters. I don't think having the club based in Brisbane is a fair trade off tbh. The bears need just as much representing as Fitzroy do on field. A bears clash would allow that.

/rant.
I completely agree. You got to the Fitzroy board and mention one little thing about swing something to do with the old Bears team and you'll be crucified. Would love to see some of the Bears supporters rise up and ask for something more back, similar to the Wests Tigers in the NRL, where both clubs get honoured in some way

Apparently the first design Brisbane had was rejected by the AFL for not being white enough… Has to be 60% or something.

That puts an end to the dream of a peril clash :(

Obviously the big 4 are exempt from this rule yeah? I actually hope so, I want Carlton to go back to their old blue clash. I hated it then, love it now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back