News New Jumpers for 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are they match shorts?
If they are, then perhaps to make the manufacturer's mark not visible on match-days when they're not allowed?

Are they match shorts?
If they are, then perhaps to make the manufacturer's mark not visible on match-days when they're not allowed?
Actually, it looks like it serves a similar function to that of Carlton's shorts which have that wipe material for 'sweaty hands'.

Personally, I think they're just trying to give players a plausible reason for rubbing each other on the backside. :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

New Brisbane Lions polo

View attachment 93651
Not only is the design asymmetrical, but they've made the colour balance totally warped and lopsided. And white? Now it seems as though neutral colours are becoming trendy, and you can see how the Hawks could prefer a grey/navy to brown, but when navy blue and a dark maroon are your two big colours, why would you choose a totally redundant neutral colour?

Bizarre. And probably the worst polo I have ever seen in the AFL.

Free_Guernsey_620x370.jpg

White on the collar in this new Saints jumper ad

I want to believe.

And white? Now it seems as though neutral colours are becoming trendy, and you can see how the Hawks could prefer a grey/navy to brown, but when navy blue and a dark maroon are your two big colours, why would you choose a totally redundant neutral colour?

Bizarre. And probably the worst polo I have ever seen in the AFL.

Preseason shirts are often an alternate colourway. Brisbane have played around with white and grey in the past, as have most clubs. This summer you'll see the likes of West Coast in white, Adelaide in grey and Port in both. These have also acted as polos for water carriers in-season for some clubs wanting to differentiate from the players (the pink vests void this now).

Using maroon and gold exclusively with the white is a bit of a Bears throwback, which is nice. Shame about the actual template, but that's stock standard mediocre-brand fodder.

Considering 2014's royal number, expect the actual Brisbane media polo to be maroon or navy.

Preseason shirts are often an alternate colourway. Brisbane have played around with white and grey in the past, as have most clubs. This summer you'll see the likes of West Coast in white, Adelaide in grey and Port in both. These have also acted as polos for water carriers in-season for some clubs wanting to differentiate from the players (the pink vests void this now).

Using maroon and gold exclusively with the white is a bit of a Bears throwback, which is nice. Shame about the actual template, but that's stock standard mediocre-brand fodder.

Considering 2014's royal number, expect the actual Brisbane media polo to be maroon or navy.

Was just about to say this. For the last few seasons at least, Collingwood have had a white polo for the pre-season but a traditional black for the regular season. I think this Brisbane polo is 'temporary' at best.

Last week someone said that ISC (and in particular St Kida) were changing their shorts to a pair with wider stripes. I wonder if they'll be the same template as in the IRS (without the gradients though, I hope)
354384.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back