News New Jumpers for 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You would think so, but they must have seen them to know what to put on their site...
This tends to happen every year. My only guess would be that maybe they got word from the club that they would have these guernseys this year. I'm not sure why the club would do that but every year they have done it, they just happen to be right.

Haha, Goodscore is the gift that keeps on giving. Every single year!

Also, Port Power.

True.. Having a look at Wikipedia, it'll be 50 years since the 1965 flag, but I don't know why you'd celebrate that one in particular. The other 19*5 flags were in the middle of a three-peat, and the middle of a six-peat, so can't see those happening either..

145th anniversary, maybe? I can see a more teal version of this happening
Port-1870.gif
I quite like that jumper. Wouldn't mind seeing them don that again.

Also, where does Goodscore get their info from? The AFL? The clubs directly? The manufacturers? A bit strange that they can constantly share this info before even the club has confirmed it.

I would imagine the ANZAC guernsey would be just a small logo to commemorate the ANZACs. Could be wrong, though.
If you were doing that, I don't think you'd be selling replicas, though. Essendon and Collingwood have had the special badge for a decade, but I don't think they've ever sold replicas.
Wouldn't mind seeing them don that again.
I forgot that they'd worn it relatively recently. It almost looks like a Geelong clash jumper.

You would think so, but they must have seen them to know what to put on their site...

No, they just get the catalogue from the manufacturer, which would often have a few items listed but lacking a matching image. This way they can arrange orders well ahead of the design being finalised (for those willing to order sight unseen).

Well done to Carlton if true they arfe going to there old jumper logo, the current one to me was just not right for a footy jumper, like the sah and strips this logo is the Carlton jumper and I hope for them will now stay unchanged.

You really like it? That jumper is literally the typical stereotype of what graphic designers think primary school kiddies like. Gradients and cartoon images.
Each to there own though.

Haha...Hang on mate, I'm a graphic designer...itstypical of what 'Marketers' think the kids want...

I'm on a quest to collect one from each club, which sounds easy unless you realize I live half a world away from Aus.

Found the Port jumper in Portland, Oregon. They used to be the Portland Power (sister club of PA Power), but changed their name and dropped their association with that club, now operating as an independent, and they have a few leftover Port retails for sale, relatively cheap. It's not really the one I'd like for Port (the current jumper is nice, IMHO, and prison bar jumper looks nice to me, too), but it was easy to get and didn't cost a fortune in shipping. So, I won't likely own multiple Port jumpers like I do for Collingwood, but I would like to decorate a room with a jumper from each club some day.

Also have a few USAFL and AFL Canada jumpers aside from the club I play for. Additionally I have team jerseys from American sports teams I don't follow, just to have them around.

Cheers! :D
OK that's fair enough. We all need our hobbies I suppose. I only have the one and it's Port's 2014 BIB. just couldn't see myself having a Collingwood one in the closet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Haha...Hang on mate, I'm a graphic designer...itstypical of what 'Marketers' think the kids want...
Yes, apologies. I went a bit crazy last night on the keyboard and I did mean marketers.

No, they just get the catalogue from the manufacturer, which would often have a few items listed but lacking a matching image. This way they can arrange orders well ahead of the design being finalised (for those willing to order sight unseen).
Ah thank you :)

I remember a few years ago in the old NAB Cup Hawks and WCE wore these against each other.

How the AFL allowed it remains a mystery. Oh right, it's the AFL, carry on!
I would absolutely love to see a video of that, purely for the laughs.

125th anniversary of Port Adelaide defeating South Melbourne in 1890 to become the Champions of Australia
View attachment 59446
58991_9bd3ab4b8c77bc9a5ddc61d7d44378a8.png

Last edited:
I'm all Prison Bar'd out, I'd like to see them trot out one of those pink or blue jumpers.
The novelty has kind of worn off IMO. Still love it, but.

I'd love them to bring back their Planet Teal thing... kids design a bunch of jumpers, best design from a poll gets worn say in the last round, proceeds from player issues go to the kids school (or a lifetime membership or whatever). Pretty sure this is how the BiB came about!

I remember a few years ago in the old NAB Cup Hawks and WCE wore these against each other.

How the AFL allowed it remains a mystery. Oh right, it's the AFL, carry on!
That never happened. We wore wings.

You really like it? That jumper is literally the typical stereotype of what graphic designers think primary school kiddies like. Gradients and cartoon images.
Each to there own though.
The stereotype isn't true and I know because I'm in primary school and I hate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back