News New Jumpers for 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
And the Giants finally get some blue on their jumper...

View attachment 214505

Yeh cos the photo above was a good grand final match up to watch...

I still don't know how people can't differentiate those two, at the game it was very easy to tell the difference.
This reminds me of a game I like to play with my Dad, where we identify the future winner of any given game by identifying all the traits of their uniform that are common to both teams (i.e. Eagles vs Hawks would be "the team in yellow", Pies vs Kangas is "the team in stripes", etc.)

Naturally, this game was a case of "the dark team with red on the jumper, with white numbers on the back".
Although, this still only comes in second to the Saints vs Bombers (away) - "The team in black, red and white". :rolleyes:

Not totally sold on the Essendon... "heritage"

And Silent Alarm I think you're being a bit harsh on the Saints pre-season kit, if they went a full throw back they'd be ripped into for going backwards ect by 16 year olds.

I don't understand why Essendon did not just go with a black sash instead of retaining the red sash. I think that a black sash on a red background would look better than the red sash surrounded by black stripes on a red background as shown here.

Yeah, Richmond have a similar clash guernsey as that, but still. It would look good.

I guess it looks alright though as it is

I'm just not 100% sold on this at all. I think I might even prefer the silver version.

Three times to tend to come into my head when it comes to clashes: does it look like the club? Is it a cool jumper on its own? Does it solve the clash.

I think the first question is a definitive yes but the final two are a bit flimsy. The design is very empty looking and although clashes are more practical than anything else, it seems hard to even say its practical when this is not a smart clash. This with white or black shorts will clash with the Saints almost as much as the home strip.

I just think there's a unique, new, innovative design in here somewhere but nobody is picking it.

I think there's a great idea with the sashes. You're playing with a unique element in the AFL and when it's red and black, it will never be confused for any other club. You can play around with triangles and long, diagonal lines, surely? And you can fit a classic, simple look into that and absolutely fit a red sash into it as well. I dunno. This just seems like a bit of a miss to me.

And the red does look fairly dark and the clash is already redundant on the teams it's needed for most, so why didn't they just use a maroon or a darker shade of red on the outside? That would have highlighted the sash more. It would have been a fuller jumper.

I dunno.

I'm just not 100% sold on this at all. I think I might even prefer the silver version.

Three times to tend to come into my head when it comes to clashes: does it look like the club? Is it a cool jumper on its own? Does it solve the clash.

I think the first question is a definitive yes but the final two are a bit flimsy. The design is very empty looking and although clashes are more practical than anything else, it seems hard to even say its practical when this is not a smart clash. This with white or black shorts will clash with the Saints almost as much as the home strip.

I just think there's a unique, new, innovative design in here somewhere but nobody is picking it.

I think there's a great idea with the sashes. You're playing with a unique element in the AFL and when it's red and black, it will never be confused for any other club. You can play around with triangles and long, diagonal lines, surely? And you can fit a classic, simple look into that and absolutely fit a red sash into it as well. I dunno. This just seems like a bit of a miss to me.

And the red does look fairly dark and the clash is already redundant on the teams it's needed for most, so why didn't they just use a maroon or a darker shade of red on the outside? That would have highlighted the sash more. It would have been a fuller jumper.

I dunno.
I reckon on your last point, the writing outside the sash may well highlight the sash somewhat, but I guess we'll see on gameday

If there's one thing I'd criticise of the yellow Adelaide clash is that the yellow hoop just appears as a big gap. I'd love to see it as a yellow version of the home.
Agreed, but I'm sure the extra hoops had to be removed to suit the amount of alternate color required criteria.
As for Essendon's new clash Guernsey, it reminds me of these pearlers (note sarcasm)
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1455197824.889180.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1455197834.770594.jpg

I am so tempted to buy this now.

Ca6nDXQUMAAoz8g.jpg:large
StKilda-PS-2016.gif

As a Bombers fans, I like the new “heritage” jumper. TBH I’m not really phased over the heritage aspect, if the club wants to take that angle then fine.

As footy jumper enthusiast like the rest of us here, when a new jumper (clash or not) is released I always ask myself a couple of questions: Is the club still identifiable easily? Does it solve a clash (if it’s a clash jumper) and are they any aspects of the jumper that could be changed to improve the design?

1 – Yes the club is easily identifiable.

2 – I think it will solve the clashes more so than the grey jumper. But still not sold on the white shorts with it against the Saints. Will wait and see

3 – Only thing I would have changed (as many have mentioned) is change the base of the jumper to a slightly darker red, similar to last year’s training jumpers, to make the sash a little more prominent.

I like it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As a Bombers fans, I like the new “heritage” jumper. TBH I’m not really phased over the heritage aspect, if the club wants to take that angle then fine.

As footy jumper enthusiast like the rest of us here, when a new jumper (clash or not) is released I always ask myself a couple of questions: Is the club still identifiable easily? Does it solve a clash (if it’s a clash jumper) and are they any aspects of the jumper that could be changed to improve the design?

1 – Yes the club is easily identifiable.

2 – I think it will solve the clashes more so than the grey jumper. But still not sold on the white shorts with it against the Saints. Will wait and see

3 – Only thing I would have changed (as many have mentioned) is change the base of the jumper to a slightly darker red, similar to last year’s training jumpers, to make the sash a little more prominent.

I like it.

As a non-Essendon supporter, I totally agree.

It allows Essendon to maintain it's red sash on black. It doesn't introduce a new colour. It serves it's purpose perfectly as a clash kit.

Perfect.

I think

Adelaide
Brisbane &
West Coast

Will be playing their last year with white in their jumper, think serious questions will be asked if they are blocked yet again.
Adelaide will need a white jumper against Hawthorn at a minimum :mad::confused:

Adelaide will need a white jumper against Hawthorn at a minimum :mad::confused:
That's the one clash I have never understood.

Adelaide in navy with Navy shorts is plenty enough a difference.

If that is a clash, why aren't Richmond required to wear white against the Hawks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back