News New Jumpers for 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Richmond pre-season are way too close to stylised training style tops. They do it year and year and year. Try something different, even if it's a heritage style stripe.

It's for kids, pure and simple

Heritage would look great (for all clubs) but there is a reason nearly all clubs go the cartoon for pre season

Still stunned anyone buys the Hawks clash, so I'm not gunna try and understand millennials taste in fashion any more :(

Apr 27, 2008
The 'Yabba
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Chael Sonnen: Moral Champion
It's for kids, pure and simple

Heritage would look great (for all clubs) but there is a reason nearly all clubs go the cartoon for pre season

Still stunned anyone buys the Hawks clash, so I'm not gunna try and understand millennials taste in fashion any more :(

I see that its for kids, but how many preseasons has it been that way? Surely the players feel a bit silly. Just once in a while do a different theme or style, that's all I'm saying.

Sep 13, 2015
Hillary Step
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
76ers
I see that its for kids, but how many preseasons has it been that way? Surely the players feel a bit silly. Just once in a while do a different theme or style, that's all I'm saying.
It's a terrible jumper, but if, unlike certain other clubs (COUGHhawthorn)(did I just say that?) we keep our silly cash-grabs to preseason, I'll be OK with it.

thats the point though, its about selling to kids

they want cartoons, not heritage

Nov 20, 2011
South Australia
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Portsmouth

Kids wouldn't even know what heritage is.

I mean quite a few of the younger Port supporters have no idea why Port wear the Prison Bars in the AFL once in a blue moon.

Apr 23, 2012
The Riff
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Sydney Swans, St Kilda Saints
Kids wouldn't even know what heritage is.

I mean quite a few of the younger Port supporters have no idea why Port wear the Prison Bars in the AFL once in a blue moon.
Imagine how they'd react if you ran out wearing the pink and blue

Apr 23, 2012
The Riff
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Sydney Swans, St Kilda Saints
Red cuffs true?
If you're talking about the Bulldogs, then no

http://shop.westernbulldogs.com.au/western-bulldogs-2016-adults-official-home-guernsey-78906.phtml

On a side note, Doggies are doing a basketball jersey next year too
image.jpeg

Jul 9, 2003
Vancouver, Canada
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
I played Ammos in the 80s

Quick straw poll then; How many kids have you seen wearing the last one, and compare that to how many kids you've seen wearing the Home jumper.
The perception is they're making them cartoons to sell to kids, but kids actually want to look like their heroes on weekends.

Quick straw poll then; How many kids have you seen wearing the last one, and compare that to how many kids you've seen wearing the Home jumper.
The perception is they're making them cartoons to sell to kids, but kids actually want to look like their heroes on weekends.

I would have 100% agreed with this until the power ranger farce

To hear that jumper was their number one seller for 2015 floored me

The old economic motivators is your answer though. If cartoons didn't sell and kids were just buying the regular kit, clubs wouldn't persist in making and selling them

The only reason they exist is to make money after all

Nov 20, 2011
South Australia
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Portsmouth
bandwagoners ;)
Sad but true, most of the younger generation of Port supporters indeed are, I know several who didn't have a clue as to why were wore Prison Bars in the 2014 EF, some still believe the AFL club is separate from the SANFL team, or they don't follow the SANFL

NM_Mitchell

Norm Smith Medallist
May 3, 2014
#westside
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
We put the U in CGU
Sad but true, most of the younger generation of Port supporters indeed are, I know several who didn't have a clue as to why were wore Prison Bars in the 2014 EF, some still believe the AFL club is separate from the SANFL team, or they don't follow the SANFL
To be fair, most people support the club they do because that's who their parents supported, you really don't have to dig through the history of the club to be a supporter, to many people, the history doesn't matter too much, because all they care about is going to a game and having some fun, supporting the current group. Regarding the SANFL, not everyone's is interested in the reserves, for any club.

I wouldn't really call any of that a bandwagoner, bandwagoners are people who only support a team solely because they're winning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back