NFL New NFL Uniforms/Logos

Remove this Banner Ad

Most of those are improvements, particularly SF.
Better: Cleveland, Cincinnati, Houston, Indianapolis, Jacksonville, Tennessee, Kansas City, Dallas, New York (Giants), Chicago, Green Bay, New Orleans, Los Angeles (Rams)
Worse: New England, New York (Jets), Baltimore, Pittsburgh, Los Angeles (Chargers), Denver, Los Angeles (Raiders), Philadelphia, Atlanta, Tampa Bay, Seattle
Undecided: San Francisco
There's a difference?: Buffalo, Miami, Washington, Detroit, Minnesota, Carolina, Arizona

Clevelands Donte (W)hitner had this to say about the new Browns uniforms

Screen-Shot-2015-03-24-at-18.18.37-.png

Speculation at Sportslogos.net

Nine combos suggest a home, road, and alternate (throwback?) uniform with three different colours of pants... you'd have to figure this means a white set, an orange set, and a brown set, which you could mix and match into all sorts of uniforms ranging in quality from "hey, that's not bad" all the way to "monochromatic garbage"

The next NFL season will culminate with Super Bowl 50 (remember they’re using Arabic numerals for that one, not Roman numerals), and the league is apparently planning to mark that occasion with a season-long initiative called “On the Fifty.”

That news emerged from the NFL owners’ meetings yesterday, where NFL.com writer/podcaster Marc Sessler provided some sneak tweets of what’s in store. First, the 50-yard line markers for every game next season will be gold

CAyssVuVAAABR9r.jpg_large.jpg

I'm skeptical that's it tbh. Contradicts what Donte Whitner said about being the "Oregon" of the NFL.

That being said, if that is it, I think they actually look quite good.

I'm skeptical that's it tbh. Contradicts what Donte Whitner said about being the "Oregon" of the NFL.

Didn't he mean Oregon State?

I don't think any of the rumours have suggested that the Browns would be going full Nike.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oregon of the NFL meaning they have 9 different uniform combinations.

Orange top on orange pants
orange top on white pants
orange top on brown pants

brown top on brown pants
brown top on white pants
brown top on orange pants

white top on white pants
white top on brown pants
white top on orange pants

Oregon of the NFL meaning they have 9 different uniform combinations.

Orange top on orange pants
orange top on white pants
orange top on brown pants

brown top on brown pants
brown top on white pants
brown top on orange pants

white top on white pants
white top on brown pants
white top on orange pants
That doesn't mean being the Oregon of the NFL.
That's 9 combinations.
To be the Oregon of the NFL you need enough combinations to do something original every game.

The Seahawks, Eagles & Titans all have 9 potential uniform combinations as well, so that isn't unique in and of itself.

But those teams don't actually have official alternate color strips. Whereas the Browns have decided to do that.
For example, the Giants don't have blue pants and red pants, and they dont have a red jersey.

Anyway, that's what Whitner meant when he said "oregon of the nfl", as that had been previously leaked/echoed that the Browns were going to go with 3 different jerseys and pants for nine different combinations they can wear any week, every week.

A lot of teams have alternate's but are only allowed to use them once or twice a year.

But those teams don't actually have official alternate color strips. Whereas the Browns have decided to do that.
For example, the Giants don't have blue pants and red pants, and they dont have a red jersey.

Anyway, that's what Whitner meant when he said "oregon of the nfl", as that had been previously leaked/echoed that the Browns were going to go with 3 different jerseys and pants for nine different combinations they can wear any week, every week.

A lot of teams have alternate's but are only allowed to use them once or twice a year.
Whatever they designate as their alternate jersey (orange or brown, or even grey as has been thrown around) they'll only be able to wear up to twice a season. Pants are a different story, they can wear whatever color whenever they want and as many times as they want.

Teams have to declare what jersey they will wear for each home game during the upcoming season in July, the pants can be chosen as late as the day before the game.

Whatever they designate as their alternate jersey (orange or brown, or even grey as has been thrown around) they'll only be able to wear up to twice a season. Pants are a different story, they can wear whatever color whenever they want and as many times as they want.

Teams have to declare what jersey they will wear for each home game during the season in July, the pants can be chosen as late as the day before the game.

For clarification, here's the jersey and pant colors the 3 aforementioned teams have in their wardrobe:

Seahawks - Navy blue, white, grey
Eagles - Midnight green, white, black
Titans - Light blue, white, navy blue (Tommy Smith supposedly wanted to ditch the light blue jerseys altogether this upcoming season, but he's stepped down as president and CEO, so that may change).

Last edited:
New Browns jersey may be showing up in stores
Posted by Mike Florio on April 12, 2015, 6:31 PM EDT
ccz127gukaa7zah-small.png

When the Browns unveiled a new helmet and logo earlier this year, most people couldn’t tell the difference. When the Browns unveil new jerseys on Tuesday, the difference will be much more obvious. (And some fans may wish it wasn’t.)

Via Joey Morona of Cleveland.com, a new orange jersey with shadow block numbers, brown and stripes high on the sleeves, and the word “CLEVELAND” in large letters under the neck has shown up in stores for a second time in the past week. The latest appeared at a mall in the Columbus area — and then they disappeared.

Team president Alec Scheiner has said the new jerseys will be “more radical” than the new logo. But given the subtle-at-best changes to the logo, it won’t take much for the change to be “more radical.”

Remove this Banner Ad

Back