New numbers for 2015?

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't think it was retired, just happened that no one picked it up.
Surely waterman would have been perfect to fill the number for glass

Some random useless trivia on the new numbers

14 (Duggan) has been worn in 373 games, all three premierships, and by the club's only Coleman Medalist. Current record holder is Brennan senior with 179 games.

19 (Cavka) needs a change of fortune. No-one's played more than 15 games in it since the turn of the century when Michael Gardiner ditched it for #1. It's appeared in 202 games, Karl Langdon is the only player to make the ton and to wear it in a premiership (1992)

20 (McGovern) was worn by games record holder Dean Cox in all of his 290 games. Before Cox it didn't have the best run - the previous most games in the jumper was Paul Peos with 42. It's been worn in a total of 370 games and two premierships (Shane Bond in 1994 and Cox in '06)

28 (Lamb) has been worn in 347 games, and in good news for Lamb everyone who's worn it has played at least 45 games for the club (including Scooter who had it for his rookie year). Chris Lewis has the record with 215 games.

30 (Nelson) has been worn in 307 games, 248 of which were with Peter Matera. Apart from Roo it hasn't had the best record with only Johnny Gastev reaching 30 games.

42 (Waterman) has been worn in 144 games. Chad Morrison is the current record holder with 64 (before he switched to #5) and no-one's worn it in a premiership.

45 (Adamson) has been worn in 135 games. The current record holder is Andrew Lockyer with 78 but a few players made their starts in 45 before moving to lower numbers including Quinten Lynch and the current Brownlow medallist. It hasn't appeared at senior level since Ryan Davis was delisted in 2009.

46 (Brophy) has been worn in 48 games (not counting one cameo appearance on Cox's back when his shirt got ripped). 45 of those were with Trent Carroll and 2 were with Simon Tunbridge before he shifted to Embers' #32.

47 (Lucas) has been worn in 18 games. It hasn't been allocated since Lewis Stevenson left and he's the current record holder with 10 games.

Who was 14 in our third premiership?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Poor old seabs, I think he had something like 3 possessions in the 06 GF and gave away 4 free kicks, absolute stinker of a game for him, but still got his medal!! Plus I doubt he had much ground time.

Wow it really is deep into offseason isn't it

Ahh well - I'm off to the "what colour jocks do you think are each players favourites" thread

Leopard print for Wellingham I reckon

Remove this Banner Ad

Back