Other New Patriots Scandal - DeflateGate

Remove this Banner Ad

Did you see them synchronise the moment of the text to him on camera. It was really interesting and even for me as this was one of the weaker arguments

qHWtafL.0.png

For the first time in a long time, we can say something about the Patriots that hasn't been said since the Super Bowl.

They’re winning.

More accurately, they’ve won.

A ruling or settlement on Tom Brady’s federal appeal won’t come down for a while, but make no mistake, the fight is O-V-A-H.

Regardless of the ruling, we now know who the bad guy is. (Hint: It’s not the All-American, four-time Super Bowl-winning QB with the dimpled chin and fashionable boots.)

Anyone who possesses the capacity for rational thought has to concede -- whether or not they’re convinced Brady and the Pats are 100 percent innocent of any and all Deflategate charges -- that there's no proof, possibly even no crime. And the investigation was, and is, a total farce. From the beginning.

All it took was for Judge Berman to open up the books this past Tuesday for all to see, without any shred of doubt, that they’re cooked.

And so is the NFL. And everyone knows it.

Well, not everyone. There are those whose hatred for all things Patriots still fuels them to fight.

In particular, one New York newspaper columnist and another in Indianapolis. Let’s call them Statler and Waldorf.

But allow me -- a former card carrying member of the “They did it!” lynch mob -- to say: Stop. You’re embarrassing yourselves.

Channel your inner Fonzie and admit you werewr-wr-wr-wr-wrong. Go ahead. Many others have come around.

And why is that? Because things change. Lies are replaced by facts. And for most of us, opinions evolve.

Your average person gets angry when they are misled. But you seem to be mad the lies weren’t true in the first place.

You want to believe, so you gorged yourselves on all the BS the NFL put on your plate.

Maybe a list of all the mistruths and misinformation will get your anger focused in the right direction:

The Wells report was independent.

No. It wasn’t. It was edited by NFL Counsel Jeff Pash. Also, Ted Wells' associate, Lorin Reisner, was both part of the investigation and in on the cross-examination of Tom Brady at the appeal hearing.

Brady was suspended in part because of his failure to hand over his phone.

Except Wells told him he didn’t have to, and also said he wouldn't be punished if he didn't.

Troy Vincent didn’t know footballs could lose air in cold weather.

That's something known by everyone who has ever owned anything with air in it. How often have you left a basketball in your garage and discovered, when you fetched it days or weeks later, it needed to be pumped up? How often was your reaction: "My God! Someone must have deflated it! There’s no other possible explanation!"

It wasn’t a sting.

Actually, it was.

Eleven out of 12 balls were underinflated by two pounds per square inch

Well, even you know by now that's not true; the Wells Report -- which many of you admit you not have read because, hey. why should we? We all know Brady and the Patriots are guilty as sin -- shot it down, and even the reporter (Chris Mortensen) admitted he got it wrong.

And that's part of a giant issue in all of this: The NFL not only probably leaked bad info, but refused to retract it once it was proven faulty.

Integrity!!!! Brady violated the NFL’s integrity-of-the-game policy, which is largely why he was suspended for four games.

Except that rule doesn’t apply to players. They don’t see it or sign it. It’s for owners, presidents, GMs and coaches.

(Also -- and this one is kind of important -- the balls weren’t actually deflated. Shhhhh. Don’t tell anyone.)

So . . . what else have you got?

'Deflator' nickname. Trip to the bathroom.

Yup, suspicious; no doubt. But hard evidence? Nope.

Destroyed cell phone!

Yeah, but that didn’t matter. (See "failure to hand over his phone" above.) It was misdirection. An NFL parlor trick.

No players, current or former, came to Brady’s defense.

Not true. Also, many of the players who did express an opinion were reacting to the false narrative concocted by the NFL. (See "Eleven out of 12 balls were underinflated by two pounds per square inch" above.) Without that, none of this exists. No Investigation, no tears from Mark Brunell. Nothing.

Or if you prefer, take it from a former player:

1. Scott Fujita ‏@sfujita55 Aug 6
@BartHubbuch Yes, I've heard their remarks. They're generally in response to leaks, mischaracterizations, headlines, and falsehoods.

1. Scott Fujita ‏@sfujita55 Aug 6
@BartHubbuch I'd also argue they're pretty uniformed about every nuance of this case, the CBA, the process, etc.

Anything else?

Brady hasn’t come out and strongly denied anything.

Except he did.

Well . . . he just didn’t sound convincing.

That’s it! Thank you, Mona Lisa Vito! There it is! The Case Cracker!

Again, guys, it’s time to stop. Not stop hating the Patriots; you can keep doing that. And you can keep thinking something nefarious took place. Maybe it did. We may never know.

But that's the key: We don't know. We may never know. Stop pretending/insisting you do.

Heck, give it time, be vigilant, and some day -- maybe soon -- you may even catch ‘em doing something.

But don’t be so blinded by your hatred that you can’t see the light. You're being used. Puppets on a string.

Roger Goodell can’t believe you ate this all up. He is literally laughing at you.

Consider this an official cease-and-desist letter. I’m begging you. Stop your trolling ways.

The NFL has lost was little credibility they had left.

You guys still have a chance to keep what remains of yours intact.

View attachment 160373 Jeff can be the bf expert of everything.
Rather ironic given your next post.

Of course Brady will get off. I've been telling you that from the start.

I also told you Kraft wouldn't appeal, despite all the bluff and all the bravado from Patriots fans that he would.

I'd love you to tell me what I've been wrong about.

As for the Pats winning, you've won Jack s**t out of this episode. You certainly won't get away with ball tampering in the future.

I also told you Kraft wouldn't appeal, despite all the bluff and all the bravado from Patriots fans that he would.

As for the Pats winning, you've won Jack s**t out of this episode. You certainly won't get away with ball tampering in the future.
And you didn't need a toupee to say all that either!

Did I hit a nerve Jeff? You have been saying MANY things throughout this tread, changed your story multiple times to suit your argument and the mere fact you hold yourself in such high regard on this issue is laughable. Your only interest is proving everyone wrong and yourself right. Your a blow hard mate. Complete with GG your toupee

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Haven't paid much attention to this since earlier in the year - I read the pro-Pats summary above, anyone able to give a rebuttal? How many, if any, balls were under inflated? How did that compare with the Colts balls?
Honestly don't know.

The official story is the four Colts balls seemed ok and a majority of Patriots balls were deflated. They seemed ok. Refs ran out of time during the half time to measure them. A rushed process to me shows someone didn't go through the time to create a proper procedure - which could mean many things which I won't expand on as it adds nothing to whether they did it or not.

That said it is rumored that the Colts asked the NFL to look into it before their game. Colts could of suspected something I'm not sure. With a rush job, an agenda by someone at the NFL and evidence pointing either way I really don't know. What I am trying to say is that the facts around whether the balls were inflated or deflated are unreliable.

TL/ DR - Can't say anything with certainty as the report and process was shocking

Cheers larkis - my understanding was the Colts were suss from their prior game with the Pats and alerted the NFL/officials prior to the CG.
I'll give you the quick run down.
  1. Patriots beat the whiny bitch Ravens who later complain about the formations the Patriots used (despite being legal) to beat them.
  2. Whiny bitch Ravens coach complains to the media about the formations and Tom Brady uses words to the effect of "go read the rule book".
  3. Whiny bitch Ravens invent rumours about ball deflation and contact and alert bitch ass Colts about potential ball deflation.
  4. Bitch ass Colts GM alerts New York Jets Football League (NYJFL) about rumours and organise a sting.
  5. Sting is put in place with NYJFL officials, all of whom appear to resent Supreme Leader Lord Belichick.
  6. Bitch ass Colts intercept supposedly deflated football and NYJFL employees break protocol and enter officials area at HT and have balls measured.
  7. Patriots destroy the bitch ass Colts and go on to the Super Bowl.
  8. Mike Kensil, scourge of the earth and noted * leaks misinformation to Chris "I did nothing wrong" Mortensen who reports 11/12 footballs are 2 pounds per square inch below the 12.5 PSI minimum requirement. s**t storm occurs.
  9. Scientists prove the tested Patriots and Colts footballs all conform to PSI pressures as expected and predicted by the Ideal Gas Law.
  10. Mein Fuhrer cracks a sad, drives himself further into Mordor chasing the precious and invents a mountain out of a molehill conveniently ignoring actual scientific proof.
  11. Mein Fuhrer commissions a predetermined investigation into Deflategate and finds the Patriots guilty under the pretence of more probable than not and general awareness of doing something.
  12. As time goes on, people pick holes through all of the Wells Report and in fact, prove it to be a sham.
  13. Mein Fuhrer rejects the well reasoned, exceptionally well articulated NFLPA-Brady-Kessler appeal and upholds his predetermined 4 game suspension ignoring agreed CBA protocol.
  14. Deflategate ends up in the courts.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back