Other New Patriots Scandal - DeflateGate

Remove this Banner Ad

If the NFL made licenses non-transferable in terms of where a team could be located, some of those valuations would plummet.

But even then the value of a team extends beyond it's home market.

If we're just talking home town and who they represent, I don't reckon you'd get more white collar than any of the big market teams (including the Texans).

Who could afford season tickets in those cities with the cost of PSL's?

In fact, rank teams on their PSL fees and I reckon you'd have a perfect list for who is blue/white collar.
It's still not an accurate aspect to go by. Patriots don't have PSLs, but their demographic is white collar, and their relationship as an NFLN boon, and one of the few owners who have a tight relatonship with the commissioner, makes them aristrocats of the NFL. While the Raiders don't have PSLs either, but their demographic is dirt poor, and they never get any NFLN attention, and their owner is desired by the NFL to be pushed out.

Here's a list of the teams with PSLs...

NFL Seat Licenses

Oh yes Spygate.....Newcomer's the rule was changed that offseason so that no sideline coach can video record hand signals from the other side of the field. Some teams, including the Pats kept doing it anyway, so Goodell sent a memo to all teams saying to stop it, or else. It was and is legal to watch and write down hand signals in a notebook, or film the hand signals from the stands, but no longer from the sidelines. So BB kept doing it anyway and got caught. Of course, ESPN went ballistic because everyone was waiting for the Pats to stop being perfect, so they built it up into a big story. Goodell wanted to flex his baby balls as always took a first and gave the Pats a hefty fine. Many coaches and former coaches including Gruden and Jimmy Johnson said that this was common practice for many teams across the league before the rule change. It was really an issue of respecting Goodell's rule more than any unfair advantage, which makes the OMG SPYGATE comments extra moronic.

Speaking of moronic to somehow generalize the greater Boston area let alone, New England as white collar is stoopifying. *Your nuts. The organization is rich as hell like all the others including your teams. There are the select upper Boston elites who sit in that middle section of foxboro and yes probably are those white collars you speak of but trust me your average pats fan isn't white collar. Your hellbent on proving favoritism because of Krafts connections, but they are going to prove very interesting going forward here. Jeff thinks this is all a forgone thing organized and orchestrated by RK and RG for interest which on one side may be true but I'm telling you neutral's out there without pre thoughts on the matter, its different now between those two and that's from a fan who is pissed he caved and helped his dick head ex mate Goodell by doing so. Its much easier for me to believe RK is pissed off at RG than not going on all available evidence.

Jeff thinks this is all a forgone thing organized and orchestrated by RK and RG for interest which on one side may be true but I'm telling you neutral's out there without pre thoughts on the matter, its different now between those two and that's from a fan who is pissed he caved and helped his dick head ex mate Goodell by doing so. Its much easier for me to believe RK is pissed off at RG than not going on all available evidence.
I don't believe the initial "investigation" was organised, but I reckon it's pretty obvious everything since then has been stage managed.

I don't believe the initial "investigation" was organised, but I reckon it's pretty obvious everything since then has been stage managed.
This 100%

I don't think Goodell was involved until after Brady destroyed his phone and it no longer became about balls but the NFL having control over their assets (the NFL players).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When Tom Brady is a cat

nfl_e_sketch02jr_B_800x450.jpg

From those two drawings above it looks like a pretty morbid place, judging by the collective facial expressions.

I guess being in a room full of Lawyers will do that do you .

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports Tom Brady is open to "accepting some form of suspension" only if it can be for "failing to cooperate with the NFL."

The NFL, however, wants Brady to admit to Ted Wells' findings, and that's something Brady will never do. It's part of the reason this thing continues to drag on and is now in court with no clear outcome. Schefter said last week that today would be a "key day" in the Deflategate saga with a ruling coming by September 4 at the latest.

Source: Adam Schefter on Facebook

GG from the article on the NFL web site , it reads as if Judge Berman gave the NFL a decent grilling during the two hour oral arguments yesterday.
NFL medid analysis to Gabe Felman reported " the Judge hammered the NFL, the Judge asked some very difficult questions. He seemed to focus on a couple of areas including: Why didn't the NFL allow ( NFL Executive VP ) Jeff Pash to testify during the hearing if Pash......was listed as a co-author of the Wells Report."

When I read that I thought that maybe Judge Berman may have some concerns as to the impartiality of the Well Report and was making a subtle reference to his mind set.

I thought that a interesting point because the impartiality of the Wells Report is an area of Law that he can rule on . He can't rule of the Reports Fidings but he can rule on the process of the Reports compilation in regard to the process of fairness and impartiality.

Also I agree with the comment that Brady won't accept any of the Wells Report but is at this point willing to accept some sanction for failing to cooperate with the investigation. Thus far the NFL dont appear to be offering any compromise .

It's a long way from over but the reported events ,of the more than two hour oral arguments , were a move forward and for the first time indicated at least some form of compromise albeit from one party only. It will be interesting to see the NFL's next move.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back