Other New Patriots Scandal - DeflateGate

Remove this Banner Ad

https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2...ooler-place/2KfFPHn9dARXXCwMgBMSkO/story.html

"Belichick got it exactly right,” said Richard P. Binzel, professor of planetary science at MIT, referring to the Patriots’ coach, Bill Belichick."

I've read at least 2 or 3 other college professors who have confirmed Bill's explanation, I really cbf tracking them down. ESPN also wrote them off saying, 'science can be used to prove both creation and evolution'

But sure, keep talking your s**t.
- Boston globe
- MIT

Lol

Lets assume, and I only say assume there was ball tampering from the advent of the new rule in 2006 and lets also assume that tampering went beyond the patriots.

We are talking about something akin to the advent of the steroid era in baseball with the repercussions that have followed vis-a-vis the hall of fame etc.

Easier to say nothing happened.

Lets assume, and I only say assume there was ball tampering from the advent of the new rule in 2006 and lets also assume that tampering went beyond the patriots.

We are talking about something akin to the advent of the steroid era in baseball with the repercussions that have followed vis-a-vis the hall of fame etc.

Easier to say nothing happened.

Let's assume that Brady has had a bionic arm inserted since 2006... I mean since we are just making s**t up and then projecting....

Let's assume that Brady has had a bionic arm inserted since 2006... I mean since we are just making s**t up and then projecting....
I'm pretty certain Drew Brees has had one since his shoulder got ripped clean off- It was in 2006 too and look at his crazy stats since then

Look at bradys numbers 2007 and beyond and 2006 before. Focus on interceptions and TDs.

-Best tech uni in the world
-Australia forum posters know better
If you can show me the section from any of these reports that says that you could expect a 2 pound reduction in pressure, I would like to read it. They all say possible but the maths of the gas laws (will link to an easy overview as some of you obviously don't know it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ideal_gas_law) is very clear that a 5% drop in temperature produces a 5% drop in pressure. IF they could get a 16% drop in temperature (Kelvin is the measure of temperature), then they could get 2 pounds drop in pressure.
The colts balls didn't drop below regulation, which destroys this temperature theory too.... 2 sets of 12 balls.... 1 set, the experimental group gets deflated, the other set, the colts group doesn't and remains within regulation.
Kind of looks like the last many Patriots seasons all come with * now.

So let me get this straight. BB has cheated. He gave the ok to TB to do this and the Ball boy the ok. Kraft is only getting off because he's friends with Goodell and the only possible logical explenation is they cheated according to the same morons who keep posting on here. Universities who actually tested this and science itself is full of s**t and be gone with due course and the investigation itself. Sounds like you've got it all worked out. Esp the personal s**t. you know if this was a newspaper I wouldnt wipe my ass with it. I also love how pats fans are precious if we dare defend anything thrown at us, but when others defend their players and teams its all good!

What a forum! Nice to see the long termers who should know better helping the cause and encouraging the idoitic comments too. Well done gold stars for everyone on the biggest joke ever. Wife beaters, child beaters, proven head huntering coaches, possible rapists barely a whimper, but an un proven theory. Sick em rex...33 pages

Last edited:
All this BS science being applied to try to explain how balls MIGHT lose pressure in weather....which does NOT validate what happened to the Colts balls!!

Whereas Wilson Football's stance validates what happened to all balls the last 100 years. That unless tampered with, balls will retain their pressure out of the box for two years.

You're welcome to leave

I'm all for innocent until proven guilty. Unfortunately you've even proven rule benders before. I am not calling anyone guilty, but think this situation certainly warrants a fair amount of discussion.

With regards to the community not giving both barrels to guys like Ray Rice, what a load of s**t. Pull your ******* head in. The reason this is important as if true it is systematic cheating and your team is playing a Super Bowl on Sunday.

How many teams and head coaching have been fined and penalized for cheating since 2000?
Only 2.
Now we have another incident with the one of the same teams and coach....

Science is actually against the patriots here and happy to argue the case with any report you like. All the reports so far are actually not helping the patriots cause. Yes, cold weather reduces pressure but it should have effected the colts balls too! The change of temperature was not great enough to produce a large enough change to the balls, and if it was great enough, then the colts balls get effected too. Got any other scientific arguments for us?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Still Pats fans can't answer why there'd be a conspiracy against them.

Yeah there is one on here, I already answer that. Its a conspiracy only in your *ing head!
You're welcome to leave

I'm all for innocent until proven guilty. Unfortunately you've even proven rule benders before. I am not calling anyone guilty, but think this situation certainly warrants a fair amount of discussion.

With regards to the community not giving both barrels to guys like Ray Rice, what a load of s**t. Pull your ******* head in. The reason this is important as if true it is systematic cheating and your team is playing a Super Bowl on Sunday.

bye

Why couldn't they have checked the main balls in a warm bus and then brought them out into the cold to get the desired grip effect?
So the bus needs to be at roughly 140 Fahrenheit.... That isn't warm that is hot, really hot! Could do it in a sauna, but then the balls would be noticeably hot or if cooled would have deflated by the time they were initially measured.

That's what they are claiming.

Without knowing the pressure at time of testing, and the pressures measured second time it's hard to do definitive calculations

Having said that, if volume (the ball) and n (amount of gas in the ball) were constant pressure and temperature would be directly and linearly correlated. Temp is measured in Kelvin. So thinking that a drop from 20c to 10c is a 50% drop is wrong, it's more like a 3% drop.

So let me get this straight. BB has cheated. He gave the ok to TB to do this and the Ball boy the ok. Kraft is only getting off because he's friends with Goodell and the only possible logical explenation is they cheated according to the same morons who keep posting on here. Universities who actually tested this and science itself is full of s**t and be gone with due course and the investigation itself. Sounds like you've got it all worked out. Esp the personal s**t. you know if this was a newspaper I wouldnt wipe my ass with it. I also love how pats fans are precious if we dare defend anything thrown at us, but when others defend their players and teams its all good!

What a forum! Nice to see the long termers who should know better helping the cause and encouraging the idoitic comments too. Well done gold stars for everyone on the biggest joke ever. Wife beaters, child beaters, proven head huntering coaches, possible rapists barely a whimper, but an un proven theory. Sick em rex...33 pages
Epic meltdown is epic.

Still Pats fans can't answer why there'd be a conspiracy against them.

Also, Bill is not a physicist. His explanation of ball deflation is not backed by an expert or science.

I'm confused too re: the discussion on the 90 secs in the toilet & whether there was time to deflate the balls. Couldn't he have just replaced the balls in the bag with 12 others already prepared? As far as I can tell there is no ready identifier to ensure he brought out the same balls he took in.

What? Everyone hates their continued success. There is evidence you just don't want to acknowledge. Sad very sad.

All this BS science being applied to try to explain how balls MIGHT lose pressure in weather....which does NOT validate what happened to the Colts balls!!

Whereas Wilson Football's stance validates what happened to all balls the last 100 years. That unless tampered with, balls will retain their pressure out of the box for two years.

What was the initial psi pressure for the Pats balls and what was the initial psi pressure for the Colts balls? Show me the evidence of what the actual psi's were. I don't want a generic answer I want the answer of the initial psi's, and if you can't STFU.

So the bus needs to be at roughly 140 Fahrenheit.... That isn't warm that is hot, really hot! Could do it in a sauna, but then the balls would be noticeably hot or if cooled would have deflated by the time they were initially measured.
To be honest I haven't mentioned any exact figures because we just don't know what the pressures were

How many teams and head coaching have been fined and penalized for cheating since 2000?
Only 2.
Now we have another incident with the one of the same teams and coach....

Science is actually against the patriots here and happy to argue the case with any report you like. All the reports so far are actually not helping the patriots cause. Yes, cold weather reduces pressure but it should have effected the colts balls too! The change of temperature was not great enough to produce a large enough change to the balls, and if it was great enough, then the colts balls get effected too. Got any other scientific arguments for us?

Again depends on what the initial psi's were for both sets of balls. Fcuk some people are thick.

To be honest I haven't mentioned any exact figures because we just don't know what the pressures were
What we know is temperature. 272 Kelvin outside, 300 Kelvin inside. Need to get to 360 Kelvin to make as much difference as the 2 pounds pressure difference that has been claimed.

Perhaps the 2 pounds is incorrect and it is .7 pounds. Any more then .7 is the issue.

Don't they play in near 0 degree temps? A 16% drop from 12 degrees is only 2 degrees.

Bingo. It's all conjecture but hey you lot of clowns can't wait until you see the findings (which you won't believe in any case if the Patriots have no case to answer).

A bunch of sad sacks - we have Ravens fans who gave up 2 not 1 but 2 14 point leads, we have Steelers fans that lose one player and boing there goes their offence, we have a Broncos fan that has a declining QB (who supposedly is the best in the business but has the worst ever record for one and done in playoffs)and then we have a Raiders and Saints fans - no need to say anymore. Have I missed anyone?

See you at the Super Bowl coz that's where I am going to be!

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back