New posters, introduce yourselves here

Remove this Banner Ad

G'day all! My name is Nick, I'm from/live in Melbourne.

Born in a premiership year...1989, with my brother born in a premiership year, 1991, to my Hawk-supporting parents. Yeah, you could say I was born to follow the Hawks :p To put it in perspective, I'm 25, and I've been alive for 5 Hawthorn premierships!

I'm new to Bigfooty, I've been lurking around the site for a few days eager to get news on how the Hawks have been training and interested in all the Hawks-related discussions. Otherwise I generally am loving the banter around the main board. It's good to be on top :cool:

Favourite player: Luke Hodge (Does it need to be said?), Crawf was my favourite before him. To do a McAvaney "Gee, we've had some champions, haven't we?"

Go Hawks! Back to Back ... to Back in 2015! :D

G'day all, been reading your posts for years so thought I'd get on board and throw my 10 cents out there one day. Looking forward to it, cheers.
Tell us a bit more about you, where do you live etc.

All of the above agent smith. Living in Adelaide but been following the Hawks for years from here. All the hype sounds great for another successful year I hope.

Been reading Bigfooty for a while and just signed up a week or two ago. live in Canberra and grew up in Sydney. Been a Hawk fan since about 1980 - my brother and I saw a game on the tele Norf v Hawks and fortunately I chose correctly and he chose North.

I've watched the Hawks at the Gabba, Sydney Olympic Park and the MCG. Perhaps now the AFL is trying to kick us out of Tassie we could play a few games at Manuka. It's a bit hard to justify a trip to Melbourne on the weekend.

My son is 5. Unfortunately he loves cats - not The Cats thankfully. However the father in law is a passionate Geelong supporter so I'm facing a battle to save him from a life of disappointment.

Favourite players - Mew, Tuck, Dunstall, Crawford, and of the current team, probably the whole squad - I like it we aren't known for having one out and out champ above all the rest aka Ablett, Pendles, Buddy ;) etc.

Been reading Bigfooty for a while and just signed up a week or two ago. live in Canberra and grew up in Sydney. Been a Hawk fan since about 1980 - my brother and I saw a game on the tele Norf v Hawks and fortunately I chose correctly and he chose North.

I've watched the Hawks at the Gabba, Sydney Olympic Park and the MCG. Perhaps now the AFL is trying to kick us out of Tassie we could play a few games at Manuka. It's a bit hard to justify a trip to Melbourne on the weekend.

My son is 5. Unfortunately he loves cats - not The Cats thankfully. However the father in law is a passionate Geelong supporter so I'm facing a battle to save him from a life of disappointment.

Favourite players - Mew, Tuck, Dunstall, Crawford, and of the current team, probably the whole squad - I like it we aren't known for having one out and out champ above all the rest aka Ablett, Pendles, Buddy ;) etc.

Now Mr Syd,
Some times, you just have to take a stand and tell the father-in-law to but out. not to put too finer a point on it, if your a Hawk, your boy is a Hawk, experience the highs and lows together as a family, united.
Don't allow him to follow the cats, they are generaly despicable people.:eek:
Be sure he choses well.

BTW Welcome SK ;)

You have a father in law who supports geelong? You'd think she'd be legally bound to disclose that sort of information before the wedding surely?

My brother's a crack head, my mum sells her body on the streets and my father is a Geelong supporter.

Now Mr Syd,
Some times, you just have to take a stand and tell the father-in-law to but out. not to put too finer a point on it, if your a Hawk, your boy is a Hawk, experience the highs and lows together as a family, united.
Don't allow him to follow the cats, they are generaly despicable people.:eek:
Be sure he choses well.

BTW Welcome SK ;)

Cheers

The father in law is pretty decent. We were on holidays during the 2008 GF. He picked the wife and myself up from the airport on the Monday after the game with the longest face you've ever seen. The wife - who knows absolutely nothing about any sport full stop asked him why he was so miserable. Talk about epic trolling, it was lucky we didn't walk home.

Then for Christmas that year he gave me a Premiers 2008 beer glass. Must have hurt him having to buy it!

Tim here - Followed the hawks from about 1985.
Been living and working in China since 1998.
Very rarely get to see games live - Only game in 2013 was the Richmond game :-( Flew all the way from China to see us get beaten. Only game in 2014 was the GF.
Been reading to get my football fix for almost a year now.
There now i've done it - gone and introduced myself

Hello ChinaTim welcome to this little nook of the world. I trust you are converting the entire population of China to Hawthorn supporters one person at a time.

Hello ChinaTim welcome to this little nook of the world. I trust you are converting the entire population of China to Hawthorn supporters one person at a time.
I normally end up watching the games on TV (Australia Network - now Australia Plus) by myself, suits me just fine I can yell whatever I want at the TV - only a few times have the neighbours complained.
My son follows the hawks and working on converting my Chinese teacher.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very rarely get to see games live - Only game in 2013 was the Richmond game :-( Flew all the way from China to see us get beaten. Only game in 2014 was the GF.

Nice avatar. :p

I guess I can't complain too much about flying down from Brissy to see that same said disaster of a game. What is worse I had to hang around the next day and watch Collingwood v Essendon with my brother who got to enjoy the win of his life (and got a selfie with Joffa).

Hi all,
I've been posting for awhile now and I have just now noticed this thread..
Hawthorn born and bred , lives in my veins. My father played for the mighty brown and gold ( thanks he didn't play for anyone else) so I didn't have a choice!
Exciting times ahead this year for the hawks me thinks!!

Hey team! Long time reader first time poster. Been following the hawks since I can remember, I was raised in an NRL dominant area, but thank the Spang everyday that my Dad was born and raised in Victoria. I was even taught how to count through footy haha. Anyway, i'm up in the city studying now so I try to get to every Sydney game I can.
This forum has been my AFL fix for years as it's just not in the news up here, or if it is it's only about Swans. So first off i'd like to thank everyone for the contributions they've made and continue to make, any Hawk news is good news :D

I love this club and I love this game, so i'll try to post a bit :)

Not as yet, been thinking about doing it for a while now. Being on the far south coast I could never really get to either Sydney or Melbourne, but now that i'm in Wollongong i'm certainly thinking about it though :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back