New posters, introduce yourselves here

Remove this Banner Ad

On and off lurker for last few years here. Figured I might occasionally have 2c to spend.

Emigrated to Hawthorn (literally) from the uk in 82' @ 8yo. Very first walk in Oz was past the Glenferrie oval on a hot January day.
Went to Glenferrie Primary School for that first year, so practically if not technically a Hawks fan since birth.
Absolutely no regrets.

Re: Avatar:
My son thought Alistair Clarkson looked like Elrond so I gave him a photoshop lesson and had to eventually agree with him.
One team to rule them all !!

Another long time lurker here, put off signing up because I knew it would cause my productivity to go through the floor at work. The quest for GF tickets led me to bite the bullet (got tickets by the way, standing room for me and my old man, was his first grand final and my second after 2013) and sign up. Tasmanian originally, live in Sydney but work in Albury at the moment so I managed to slip down for a fair few games this year. Lost my wallet during the GF this year but some kind soul handed it in so I got it back that night, if anyone on here knows anything about that please let me know so I can personally thank the responsible party. Cheers.

On and off lurker for last few years here. Figured I might occasionally have 2c to spend.

Emigrated to Hawthorn (literally) from the uk in 82' @ 8yo. Very first walk in Oz was past the Glenferrie oval on a hot January day.
Went to Glenferrie Primary School for that first year, so practically if not technically a Hawks fan since birth.
Absolutely no regrets.

Re: Avatar:
My son thought Alistair Clarkson looked like Elrond so I gave him a photoshop lesson and had to eventually agree with him.
One team to rule them all !!

Welcome to the forum, great time to join and bask in the glory.

Another long time lurker here, put off signing up because I knew it would cause my productivity to go through the floor at work. The quest for GF tickets led me to bite the bullet (got tickets by the way, standing room for me and my old man, was his first grand final and my second after 2013) and sign up. Tasmanian originally, live in Sydney but work in Albury at the moment so I managed to slip down for a fair few games this year. Lost my wallet during the GF this year but some kind soul handed it in so I got it back that night, if anyone on here knows anything about that please let me know so I can personally thank the responsible party. Cheers.

welcome mate, so a great day fr you at the GF, a win and your wallet back! Good to hear there are some honest people out there.

Hey fellow hawks fans, just introducing myself. Been following big footy for a couple of years and finally decided to join up as living in qld, apart from family its quite hard to have a conversation about afl. Been a hawks fan for over 30 years and a member for the last ten so absolutely love them. Looking foward to conversing with people with the same passion about them as i have. Really enjoy reading the threads too. Keep up the good work.

Hey fellow hawks fans, just introducing myself. Been following big footy for a couple of years and finally decided to join up as living in qld, apart from family its quite hard to have a conversation about afl. Been a hawks fan for over 30 years and a member for the last ten so absolutely love them. Looking foward to conversing with people with the same passion about them as i have. Really enjoy reading the threads too. Keep up the good work.

love the name

Hello fellow Hawks,

Been a long time reader, previously registered here and lifetime Hawks supporter of over 30 years...

Forgot my old login details over last off season so decided to make a new account (same as I've had to with everything else, SIGH) with my new email address and due to feeling like a kid in a candy store, forgot to stop by here and say "hello" and went tearing through the main threads and putting in my $1.50 worth!!!

Sooo... Guess I'll finish off by saying firstly "hello" and just as importantly we're the f@#king three-peaters that can't be defeated!!!

Ok...i will be honest...born into a strong Co###wood family but that didn't last long. Only one pic of me in that dreadful jumper. Mate down the road went to every Hawks game week in week out. I started going with him in 1982 (9 years old) and as my parents only took me to the footy twice in 9 years, made the move to the mighty Hawks at the end of that season! Yes i am a turncoat but proud to be as i am a very proud Hawks supporter and have three kids who go for them also . Been to 1984, 1985, 1989 and 1991 grand finals and many finals. We live in Perth now as the trouble and strife is from over here, so don't get to see as much Hawks footy as i would like, but we went over to Tassie to see the Hawks thrash Freo earlier this year. Kids met the players getting on the bus after the game which was beyond fantastic and they were great with them signing a few things. Memories for ever. A great club that i so proud to be a small part of.

Hi, I'm another sometimes lurker on here, have bitten the bullet and joined, love the Hawks and looking forward to learning more about our great club on here
What the hell did you do to the silver market in the late 70's?

Should have stuck to Oil, it was like changing clubs to barrack for Melbourne.
Yeah, my dad lost everything he owned after the bunker hunt brothers did their little silver futures charade.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry to learn that, I was only interested in his racehorses actually, it's a long story how I got this nickname.
Somehow I knew you weren't actually one of the actual bunker hunts. You'd have supported sydney.

Hello fellow Hawks fans. I'm new and am basically here to tell everyone how good we are. I'd say I'll be spending most of my time at Bay 13.

Ok...i will be honest...born into a strong Co###wood family but that didn't last long. Only one pic of me in that dreadful jumper. Mate down the road went to every Hawks game week in week out. I started going with him in 1982 (9 years old) and as my parents only took me to the footy twice in 9 years, made the move to the mighty Hawks at the end of that season! Yes i am a turncoat but proud to be as i am a very proud Hawks supporter and have three kids who go for them also . Been to 1984, 1985, 1989 and 1991 grand finals and many finals. We live in Perth now as the trouble and strife is from over here, so don't get to see as much Hawks footy as i would like, but we went over to Tassie to see the Hawks thrash Freo earlier this year. Kids met the players getting on the bus after the game which was beyond fantastic and they were great with them signing a few things. Memories for ever. A great club that i so proud to be a small part of.

Welcome. Doesn't sound like a 'strong' Collingwood family so you aren't really a turncoat. Just more passionate!

Ok...i will be honest...born into a strong Co###wood family but that didn't last long. Only one pic of me in that dreadful jumper. Mate down the road went to every Hawks game week in week out. I started going with him in 1982 (9 years old) and as my parents only took me to the footy twice in 9 years, made the move to the mighty Hawks at the end of that season! Yes i am a turncoat .

Eldo's Rule.

You are allowed ONE team change before the age of 10.

Therefore, no guilt is necessary...

Hello fellow Hawks,

Been a long time reader, previously registered here and lifetime Hawks supporter of over 30 years...

Forgot my old login details over last off season so decided to make a new account (same as I've had to with everything else, SIGH) with my new email address and due to feeling like a kid in a candy store, forgot to stop by here and say "hello" and went tearing through the main threads and putting in my $1.50 worth!!!

Sooo... Guess I'll finish off by saying firstly "hello" and just as importantly we're the f@#king three-peaters that can't be defeated!!!
Only if we can make it a 4peat next year, but great post anyway "PLATYOUROLE".

Eldo's Rule.

You are allowed NONE team change before the age of 10.

Fixed. :)

Been a fan and member since the mid 1950s.

Pretty much the Easybeats then, along with teams that are now interstate.

Take note The Kangaroos and the Tassie Hawks :)

1961 was something else.

The last three years have been surreal.

Watched the last two Grand Finals yesterday.
We are getting better.

Umpossible?

Hi guys very long time reader and have joined up to mainly try and snag a GF ticket but thought I would also pass on how I became to be a Hawthorn supporter.

My old man started supporting Hawthorn in 1969 at the age of six being a young bloke from Tassie, he fell in love with the man wearing the number 26, Peter Hudson. Obviously being born in 1963 he has certainly backed the right horse seeing a lazy 11 flags! When I was born i never really had much choice, it was hawthorn or nothing and I certainly also count myself incredibly fortunate to support our great club. Although I had to wait until I was 15 to see us win a flag and there were some lean times before then what has been since had surpassed anything I could've hoped for.

View attachment 179097

Lucky to have been from Tassie and only 8 when the Tassie connection started in 2001 (i've at least watched us play one live game a season since the year 2000), lucky to have followed the Hodge, Mitchell, Rough, Lewis, Buddy, Birch, Junior core all the way through to us winning flags and lucky enough to have seen since moving to Melbourne for study in 2013 possibly the greatest 3 season period in the history of the club, which will hopefully be confirmed at 5pm Saturday afternoon.

Thought I would share with you my top 5 Hawthorn memories

- 2013 AFL grand final to be at the game with my old man and for him to finally see a live flag win after 3 losing GFs in 1984, 1985 and 2012
View attachment 179095
- 2013 prelim is the best live game of football ive ever been to, for us to finally beat those handbagger pricks after being 4 goals down in the last quarter and to be fully in tears embracing blokes ive never met as the siren went

- 2008 the first one, to be such rank underdogs and beat Geelong
View attachment 179099

- My first game at the MCG in 2000 at age 6, we beat the dogs by about 3 goals, was Anthony Rock's 250th and Thommo kicked 6

- 2001 semi V port just remembering how unbelievably excited I was that we were in a preliminary final

Honourable mentions to last year's absolute clinic V sydney and the 2007 elimination against Adelaide.

Thanks for reading and lets reach immortal status this week with the three peat!!! Go the mighty hawkers

Good on ya Statman,

Enjoyed your intro and images.

Is it a "no-brainer" to ask if the living-room shot was taken in Hobart?

Hello Fellow Hawks fans,

I moved to Hawthorn thirteen years ago from India and fell in love in with AFL. It seemed to me the most complete game, they guys need to run, withstand tackles and have the ability to jump. Living in Hawthorn it was natural to barrack for Hawthorn I thought, which is not so natural I found out later. But boy I am glad I was mistaken. I moved back some nine years ago but the love for AFL and Hawthorn has only grown. Internet radio has been a great saviour helping to keep in touch with the game over the years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back