New teams coming over the the NFL

Remove this Banner Ad

I dont think king lake will come back as the player cost would be too much it was one of the reasons the left the DVFL in the first place and nothing has change.Only now it cost much more to field a competitive team even in Div 3 you would not get much change from 80K

Banyule Ammos meeting this week to vote on a possible move to NFL.
that will be interesting as i think they would be only one of a handfull of ammo clubs not backed by the old boy school network to have the finacial resources to cross over to a player payed league i think they would look at div 2 or div 1 as an entry . i carn't see the agreeing to play div 3

that will be interesting as i think they would be only one of a handfull of ammo clubs not backed by the old boy school network to have the finacial resources to cross over to a player payed league i think they would look at div 2 or div 1 as an entry . i carn't see the agreeing to play div 3

You'd be kidding yourself if you think ammo players don't get payed in some way or another but not every player in div 1 & 2 gets payed either.

You'd be kidding yourself if you think ammo players don't get payed in some way or another but not every player in div 1 & 2 gets payed either.
i am not silly but kick backs are mainly done at a and b grade and some c grade clubs in the ammos
and i would think that every player that plays in the ones would be payed even under 19s get a base payment if they play in the ones correct me if i am wrong but seconds players dont get payed unless the crack a senior game

Banyule will be in Div 1 VAFA next year if they were to stay. In my opinion they should probably start in Division 2 NFL if they were to move across.

Banyule will be in Div 1 VAFA next year if they were to stay. In my opinion they should probably start in Division 2 NFL if they were to move across.
How would you propose they start in Div 2? Drop Lalor out or have a 9 team comp for the year with a double relegation at the end of 2014 season? Personally I think the idea of Banyule coming in, not a good one. 3 teams within 500 metres of each other is a risk. By being a Amateur club they have a point of difference. Not sure if we want to be trying to grow the competition from what already is a crowded environment.

How would you propose they start in Div 2? Drop Lalor out or have a 9 team comp for the year with a double relegation at the end of 2014 season? Personally I think the idea of Banyule coming in, not a good one. 3 teams within 500 metres of each other is a risk. By being a Amateur club they have a point of difference. Not sure if we want to be trying to grow the competition from what already is a crowded environment.

I didn't say it could be done :p I think they'd probably be too good for Division 3 but you never really know.

What sets them apart is that they're an established club with a very strong junior club. It wouldn't be a good idea if they were a new club starting from scratch but I don't think there'd be a huge issue with them moving across. Do you mean it would be bad because they would potentially take players from the neighbouring clubs?

Do you mean it would be bad because they would potentially take players from the neighbouring clubs?
More about stopping leakage of their better youngsters to clubs who openly remunerate their players. Two of their best off to country football next year (on ridiculous $$$ but they are apprentices and the money is too good to refuse). As noted, strong juniors, financially secure, well administered.
Many bridges yet to cross however would think Heid West would be most at risk if it transpires.

More about stopping leakage of their better youngsters to clubs who openly remunerate their players. Two of their best off to country football next year (on ridiculous $$$ but they are apprentices and the money is too good to refuse). As noted, strong juniors, financially secure, well administered.
Many bridges yet to cross however would think Heid West would be most at risk if it transpires.

I am not sure about heid west being at risk as most of the players targeted by banyule if they went straight into div 2 would be of a higher standard and demand bigger $ than those looking at a div 3 side so i dont think they would be fighting to sign the same players .plus banyule have their juniors to keep the talent coming

Say again its not necessarily about recruiting its about retention of players for Banyule. I think you'll find the core of West's U/19s (Warringal Hawks ?) are ex Banyule juniors as are a couple of senior players. If there are $$ on offer at Banyule, they are less likely to cross Beverley Road to play.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would love to have Banyule in the NFL.

They would be far to good in division 3. The Turtles who are in Division 2 VAFA were pretty competitive against Panton Hill and reservoir in practice matches and Banyule are a lot stronger.

As for the closeness to other clubs i dont see the problem? The players are already there its just a change of league.

Banyule may get a reprieve in C grade for 2014 as Werribee may move from the VAFA to WRFL. If Banyule do want to move to the NFL it seems it would be hard to achieve by 2014 if they haven't already gone to their members. I think 3 cubs close together will cause concern but it may not be with Banyule and the Hawks. While I can't see the NFL agreeing to a 2nd div having 9 sides while 3rd has 7. I can see Banyule starting in 3rd unless someone elects to go down, and they will move into 2nd division quickly and be very competitive in 2nd Div and possible in Div 1 within 5-7 years??? Well away from being a problems for the Hawks.

Banyule may get a reprieve in C grade for 2014 as Werribee may move from the VAFA to WRFL. If Banyule do want to move to the NFL it seems it would be hard to achieve by 2014 if they haven't already gone to their members. I think 3 cubs close together will cause concern but it may not be with Banyule and the Hawks. While I can't see the NFL agreeing to a 2nd div having 9 sides while 3rd has 7. I can see Banyule starting in 3rd unless someone elects to go down, and they will move into 2nd division quickly and be very competitive in 2nd Div and possible in Div 1 within 5-7 years??? Well away from being a problems for the Hawks.

i was reading on the wrfl forum and werribee have crossed the wrfl from the ammos so this might throw a spanner in the works as you say

Would love to have Banyule in the NFL.

They would be far to good in division 3. The Turtles who are in Division 2 VAFA were pretty competitive against Panton Hill and reservoir in practice matches and Banyule are a lot stronger.

As for the closeness to other clubs i dont see the problem? The players are already there its just a change of league.
Where have you been ? Did you and the misses (Monty girl) get away from it all after what happened AGAIN.Anyway, I think we (being Banyule ) will win a Div 1 flag before Mont.

just a quick question with a strong junior program why dont banyule have under 19s . they will need an under 19 to survive and thrive in div 2 or div 1 they carnt be losing all their under 17 to the heildberg sides as both have weak unders .

26 under 17 players have left to play at heid or west in past 4 years. During that time the senior club have had much success. Already this year heid have met with our 17s. Two reasons they leave are one - offer of money and 2 closeness of away games. Also in Ammos the 19s play at 2 on alternate weeks to seniors. If the move eventually goes ahead then one thing we can guarantee is that 19s will be a certainty. The move won't affect west at all, however, will definitely make a dint in heidelbergs ability to grab our young guys.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back