Mod. Notice What do you want to see on the Geelong Board in 2017?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well you were the one telling me that you couldn't do them anymore, too much work?

Idea for future interviews: regular posters in the past who have left BF? Eliiiza would be a great one I think.
I'm not sure interviewing a real journo is going to do me any good :D

Gysenn how do you do this uploading stuff?

I'd love to see more specific threads instead of threads that talk about every issue more focused chats more threads more specific.
Such as thread on Geelong game plan and tactics, be good to have more stats details write ups of individual players at vfl and afl level.
To borrow this idea and kind of twist it.

I was thinking that a sort of "roundtable" could make for some interesting reading.

Perhaps just do 2 or 3 during the year where there are "guest" panelists who are the only ones able to post in the thread for a set period of time (so as to keep the flow between them).

If it could be scheduled so that the 4 or 5 participants are on at the same time and then they spend an hour or 2 just talking about a specific topic (the coaching, the tactics, opposition sides, the state of the AFL in general, something the board wants to see talked about).

Think of it as a podcast but in writing.

If people know when it is on I'm sure people will tune in and watch it unfold.

Perhaps there could be questions or comments at the end of the set time.

Last edited:
That's a great idea, so it doesn't get side-tracked.
What would be even funner is to make the threads only readable to posters with 1000+ posts. Cause basically you know whatever you say will end up in the HUN a week later.

I was thinking that a sort of "roundtable" could make for some interesting reading.

Perhaps just do 2 or 3 during the year where there are "guest" panelists who are the only ones able to post in the thread for a set period of time (so as to keep the flow between them).

If it could be scheduled so that the 4 or 5 participants are on at the same time and then they spend an hour or 2 just talking about a specific topic (the coaching, the tactics, opposition sides, the state of the AFL in general, something the board wants to see talked about).

Love the idea but the flow might be a little disjointed, think about how long a semi detailed response in the forum is, it's not very conversation like.
I could see it working if it was done in one of those live chats that the papers websites like to use.

Love the idea but the flow might be a little disjointed, think about how long a semi detailed response in the forum is, it's not very conversation like.
I could see it working if it was done in one of those live chats that the papers websites like to use.
True, the 'lag' was the one thing I always thought would kill it as an idea.

Maybe have a facilitator who drives the conversation? Perhaps the facilitator directs the questions to specific users.

It does rely on the participants holding fire.

But a IM would certainly help and make it feel more "real".

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sounds good if the issues raised can work out so it can flow.
I was thinking also about how we can get more details on players. I know at the end of the season people write up reviews on players.
What about posters having 1 or 2 players through the season they keep an eye on?
Post any articles/interviews with the player (s) keep an eye out for them in games etc.
other people could still write their own observations.
I think it'd be interesting with all players and particularly with young players.
All the info about them is in the one spot how is insert name going? Just look them up and see vfl/afl reports, stats, articles, links to website info, opinions from posters and anything else.

True, the 'lag' was the one thing I always thought would kill it as an idea.

Maybe have a facilitator who drives the conversation? Perhaps the facilitator directs the questions to specific users.

It does rely on the participants holding fire.

But a IM would certainly help and make it feel more "real".
Why not have it "hidden" until such time as it's done. Then make it unhidden? Can we do that catempire.

Why not have it "hidden" until such time as it's done. Then make it unhidden? Can we do that catempire.
I just come up with the ideas.

It is for others to make 'em great ideas. :D

One of the best things about the board during the season is the consistency of the threads created for game day, match thread, post match analysis etc..
Id like to see it taken one step further with a weekly injury list update and a line up analysis when the teams are named.

When on Bigfooty.com/forum and you hover over a board they have a tag that comes up.

Why don't we? We used to. It was along the lines of "Travis Varcoe Sponsor Since 2006".

Every other team has one. Fremantle's is "Purple is the new black", Port Adelaide's is "We exist to win premierships", etc.

When on Bigfooty.com/forum and you hover over a board they have a tag that comes up.

Why don't we? We used to. It was along the lines of "Travis Varcoe Sponsor Since 2006".

Every other team has one. Fremantle's is "Purple is the new black", Port Adelaide's is "We exist to win premierships", etc.

Check Willo, 2 posts above yours, he's got 2 of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back