NCAA New to College Football - Looking for a Team to Follow

Remove this Banner Ad

Hello, My name is Joanna and I study physiotherapy at the Academy of Physical Education in Cracow in Poland . I am writing my Master Thesis on nutrition habits, plans and tendencies practised among American Football players. I am comparing a group of Polish teams to the ones from United States, which is why I have a request for you and your team. Would you be so kind and take the below survey. Its completion takes around 10 minutes. The more interviewees the better. Thank you in advance. Warm regards Joanna https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1G4hkKck29I-jiRjNnZ7TN9tA3DGWHPQKreX1wOzlYMk/viewform

Anyone done any tailgating here before??

Looking very likely I'll be going to the South Carolina v Georgia game in South Carolina & am really looking forward to the whole game day experience!

Looking very likely I'll be going to the South Carolina v Georgia game in South Carolina & am really looking forward to the whole game day experience!
I went at the end of 2012 to OU @ TCU.

It was awesome.

Georgia @ SC would be even better

I'll get back to you in August.

I'm going to Ole Miss vs Boise State, Boise State @ Connecticut and Louisiana-Lafayette @ Boise State. As well as at least 1 other match in Atlanta on opening weekend (Either West Virginia vs Alabama or Clemson @ Georgia. As well as potentially a Georgia State game)

Gargh, Georgia State moved to Wednesday.
I arrive at 8am on Thursday.

I like the time of West Virginia-Alabama though, might be plausible to leave there and go to Georgia Tech-Wofford if that's late (but not too late, I have a bus to Orlando that night)

According to numerous american friends of mine, most locals there are much more passionate about their College teams than they are about their Pro teams. There is a lot of "hometown pride"... so I would say pick a PLACE in the US you like or associate with the most and roll with their college team, but having said that, if you want to follow a contender the list narrows greatly... with recruiting taking the place of the draft, teams who are perennially good at recruiting just stockpile all the top talent and have top 10 recruiting classes every year... so unless you like Bama, LSU, ND, Florida, USC or a handful of others then good luck...

According to numerous american friends of mine, most locals there are much more passionate about their College teams than they are about their Pro teams. There is a lot of "hometown pride"... so I would say pick a PLACE in the US you like or associate with the most and roll with their college team, but having said that, if you want to follow a contender the list narrows greatly... with recruiting taking the place of the draft, teams who are perennially good at recruiting just stockpile all the top talent and have top 10 recruiting classes every year... so unless you like Bama, LSU, ND, Florida, USC or a handful of others then good luck...
Say what?

Ahh sorry the bottom half of the quote was chopped off so I only just saw ND highlighted as well haha. Yeh they would prob be the first knocked off that list but they have enough tradition/history to keep the recruiting wheels rolling. They were 6th last year and 5th the year before...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ahh sorry the bottom half of the quote was chopped off so I only just saw ND highlighted as well haha. Yeh they would prob be the first knocked off that list but they have enough tradition/history to keep the recruiting wheels rolling. They were 6th last year and 5th the year before...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I just re-read what you said.
I agree with your point.
When I bolded it though, I read it as those who stockpile talent are perennially good, but ND hasn't been that good for the last 10-20 years besides one exception.

Here's Arizona State students with a school tradition of donating clothes to local charities the day after their last classes of the schooling year.

article-1335350025279-12c17165000005dc-908044_568x500.jpg

According to numerous american friends of mine, most locals there are much more passionate about their College teams than they are about their Pro teams.

All depends on where you're from. I was born and raised in New York/New Jersey area, nobody from there gives a s**t about college sports. If you're from a state without a pro team, its a different story. Same thing here in Denver, more people care about the Broncos than CU.

And yes, tailgating is amazing and you guys should start doing it at your games.

IM gonna cheer on Baylor this year.

Thery are paying about 26-1 on betting markets.

I think they have a chance, might put 10 bucks on them and follow them for the year.

They have the quarterback who could end up being a top 5 pick in Petty, to go along with a top 5 offense.

Defense is ok, but should improve on last year, and in the Big 12 I only see Oklahoma as their main threat this year ..could be a national title chance

Don't count out Texas.
1 win away from winning the Big XII last year, didn't lose much top end talent and they finally got the coach change they've needed over the last 3 years.

Though, now that I think about it, they feel like an enigma. They'll be one extreme or the other. 6-6 or 12-0. Guess we'll find out in September :p

ps. I think Michigan State is the team to watch on the national title scene.

Blacky As a fellow Denver Broncos fan, who do you suggest in the College Football? I already support a team in the 'rebuilding phase' (St Kilda), and obviously one of the best teams in their comp (Denver), so I might be looking for a exciting upcoming decent team but who are still underdogs. Like a dark-horse team. If possible, with. a guy that runs the length of the field for awesome TDs :p. Also it should be noted I don't know the first thing about College Football (rules different from the NFL etc.) and probably the only two teams I could name would be Notre Dame and Ohio State. Thanks!

Blacky As a fellow Denver Broncos fan, who do you suggest in the College Football? I already support a team in the 'rebuilding phase' (St Kilda), and obviously one of the best teams in their comp (Denver), so I might be looking for a exciting upcoming decent team but who are still underdogs. Like a dark-horse team. If possible, with. a guy that runs the length of the field for awesome TDs :p. Also it should be noted I don't know the first thing about College Football (rules different from the NFL etc.) and probably the only two teams I could name would be Notre Dame and Ohio State. Thanks!
Trojans!

The unfortunate thing is that the same teams are typically perennially good.

Teams have really different styles of play so I recommend looking at a few and seeing which one sticks.

If you let us know what style of play you like, whether you like defense or offense etc. we will be able to point you in the right direction.

Ps. This is one of (if not the best) boards on bigfooty so don't be a stranger

The unfortunate thing is that the same teams are typically perennially good.

Teams have really different styles of play so I recommend looking at a few and seeing which one sticks.

If you let us know what style of play you like, whether you like defense or offense etc. we will be able to point you in the right direction.

Ps. This is one of (if not the best) boards on bigfooty so don't be a stranger
I quite like teams that have a strong offense, although the quarterback doesn't have to be the best. As I mentioned in the last post, I'm always one for those sweet 60+ yard TDs where the player sprints down the field :D. Thanks for your help, this board does look pretty good!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back