NCAA New to College Football - Looking for a Team to Follow

Remove this Banner Ad

No love for Iowa? Also have an Aussie on the roster, strong colors of black and gold, have had some decent drafted players in the past (recent too!)

No love for Iowa? Also have an Aussie on the roster, strong colors of black and gold, have had some decent drafted players in the past (recent too!)
who and who?

A few Iowa players of worth in the NFL atm are:
  • Chad Greenway (Vikings)
  • Dallas Clark (Bucs)
  • Shonn Greene (NYJ)
  • Adrian Clayborn (Bucs)
  • Nate Kaeding (Chargers)
  • Pat Angerer (Colts)
  • Bryan Bulaga (Packers)
  • Riley Reiff (Lions)

Virginia recruited an Australian DT last year if I'm not mistaken also, so there's another potential team to add to the list
Adam Gotsis signed with Georgia Tech.

A few Iowa players of worth in the NFL atm are:
  • Chad Greenway (Vikings)
  • Dallas Clark (Bucs)
  • Shonn Greene (NYJ)
  • Adrian Clayborn (Bucs)
  • Nate Kaeding (Chargers)
  • Pat Angerer (Colts)
  • Bryan Bulaga (Packers)
  • Riley Reiff (Lions)
McNutt should be a pretty decent WR for the Eagles.

Who would be similar to the Western Bulldogs? And don't say Georgia or Fresno State just because they're the Bulldogs!

Who has a tragic history, never won anything, had some recent success but has fallen short?
Louisiana Tech :cool:

They do cover 2 things and are the Bulldogs to boot :p but not quite tragic enough.
Hmmmmmmmm, Idaho would be tragic, but they've fallen so far off they might be going FCS soon, are the Bulldogs planning on going VFL soon?

It's actually really hard TBH.
I'm actually leaning to Hawai'i.

Wait.
GOt it.
Marshall.
They've had the tragic history (1970s)
They had the recent success of going good in conference.
But they havn't won anything....Well, besides a 1992 and 1996 Div I-AA (effectively Div-2) national championship.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My current university is partnered with:

Baylor University
Bellarmine University
California Polytechnic State University
Drexel University
Kettering University
Kirkwood Community College
Loyola Marymount University
North Carolina Agricultural & Technological University
North Carolina State University
Northeastern University
Reensselaer Polytechnic Institute
San Francisco State University
State University of New York, Brockport
University of Cincinnati
Western Michigan University

The strongest partner in that list would probably be Northeastern but they don't have a football program anymore. :(

Loyola Marymont is a decent team right?
At a lower level of course ;)

WMU sucks, most are lower levels. Just leaves you with Cal and Baylor.

Right now, I'd probably go with Baylor, but if it was before this time last year, I'd go Cal.
Both are in reality, irrelevant.

Yeah, but what tragedy have they had?

I still say go with Marshall.
Teams can turn things around quickly, Stanford were a basketcase for near on 2 decades, Luck comes around, few good years, now they've had a few nice recruiting classes that help out.

My current university is partnered with:

Baylor University
Bellarmine University
California Polytechnic State University
Drexel University
Kettering University
Kirkwood Community College
Loyola Marymount University
North Carolina Agricultural & Technological University
North Carolina State University
Northeastern University
Reensselaer Polytechnic Institute
San Francisco State University
State University of New York, Brockport
University of Cincinnati
Western Michigan University

The strongest partner in that list would probably be Northeastern but they don't have a football program anymore. :(

You must go to RMIT or Swinburne then, I go to Kirkwood (no football here).

USC for me. I have been supporting them since Carson Palmer was a freshman. Great program. Spent some time with them in 2007 when they I was with the australian outback team.

I also keep a keen eye on teams with Aussies. Hawaii have 3 players, bama has one. Georgia teach has one. LSU has 2.

Who would be similar to the Western Bulldogs? And don't say Georgia or Fresno State just because they're the Bulldogs!

Who has a tragic history, never won anything, had some recent success but has fallen short?
Michigan State could fall into that category. They've not been to a Rose Bowl in years. They've been denied BCS (namely a few Rose Bowls) berths due to some quirky Big Ten rules and other things. They also like to choke against teams they have no business losing to (Notre Dame comes to mind).

Then again, as a Michigan alum and fan, I can't bring myself to suggest anyone cheer for sparty, unless you're a student, alumni, or parent of one.

How about going with your namesake....Arkansas Razorbacks? Coolest mascot, hands down.....
7305.gif

Historically, the Hogs have always been a solid program...they're no Alabama or LSU, but just a tick below. They have quite possibly, the best and most loyal fan base in the country. Believe me, if they scheduled a game in Australia....a couple thousand would make the trip.

Program took a bit of a black eye in the off-season when their coach (a good one, Bobby Petrino) wrecked his motorcycle that just happened to have a 22-year-old hottie on the back. Oops. Dumb-ass got canned...and who knows they state of his marriage. Hogs promoted an assistant (John L. Williams), who floundered as a head coach at Louisville and Michigan St. The sooner they fire him, the better...and I'm guessing it won't be but a season or two at the most. This is a solid program in a state loaded with underrated talent. They've got a good team this year (last year's only losses to LSU and Bama) that Petrino built...and open up ranked #10. Too bad Williams will F it up. Cool team, though. I dig them even though Bill Clinton went to school there.

Nothing better than College Football gamedays!

I studied at Florida last year and although we sucked, it is the best party on the planet! Go Gators!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back