NFL New to NFL - Looking for a Team to Follow

Remove this Banner Ad

Bombers/49ers
Powers for much of the 80s and 90s. Unsuccessful noughties but starting to re-emerge.

I would have thought Bombers and Seahawks the better comparison given the PED scandal...

;)

I am new to this sport. I've obviously seen it before but never followed a team.

I've been convinced to play a fantasy league this year so I figured I would support a team. I chose New England for several reasons, that received some groans so I was happy to look at other teams. None of them really grabbed me like the Patriots did.

I do really like the Bengals colours though, hot stuff. I guess I'm bandwagoning a bit as I didn't want to follow a team that wasn't very good so I was looking for a top 8ish team. Basically being new to the sport I don't want to get batshit bored following a poor team.

Anyway so I'm sticking with New England, I've read up about them and looking forward to watching a few games and trying to beat the bigguns in the fantasy league.

Anyway so I'm sticking with New England

655dbbfa-a798-42c1-8ec1-5f3b4026f400_arodfacebls.gif

Cleveland Browns made me laugh Primetime Pricey...

I have been told that the Pats are like Collingwood or Manchester United.

I hate the Pats more then any other side, even more then Chicago. My brother is a massive Pats fan.

I hate the Pats more then any other side, even more then Chicago. My brother is a massive Pats fan.

I have heard they a hated.:D

Being English I was pretty much sold with the name.

I am new to this sport. I've obviously seen it before but never followed a team.

I've been convinced to play a fantasy league this year so I figured I would support a team. I chose New England for several reasons, that received some groans so I was happy to look at other teams. None of them really grabbed me like the Patriots did.

I do really like the Bengals colours though, hot stuff. I guess I'm bandwagoning a bit as I didn't want to follow a team that wasn't very good so I was looking for a top 8ish team. Basically being new to the sport I don't want to get batshit bored following a poor team.

Anyway so I'm sticking with New England, I've read up about them and looking forward to watching a few games and trying to beat the bigguns in the fantasy league.
Yuck

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Top 8 side, and if you like the orange of the Bengals you'll love the orange crush.

Come over to Bronco town.

Either way i wouldnt rush the decision.

I haven't rushed it. Been thinking for about a week looking at teams and seeing who people I know support as it's always better talking and watching sports with mates. Wanted to have a decision made before the season started.
I'm pretty happy with my decision.

shouldn't you hate them then? patriots as in the people that drove you out of the country, and their mascot is the typical soldier from the war of American Independence

I don't hold grudges. Plus we were campaigners back then.

Pantskyle.....most teams are hated for one reason: They're good (jealousy). Rarely do people hate teams that blow (unless they're long time rivals.....e.g., Cardinals and White Sox fans hate the Cubs, who are awful year in and year out). If you find yourself gravitating toward the Pats, don't fight it. I became a Geelong Cats fan in one afternoon, after seeing only them and the team they were playing. Were I ever to get into British soccer (ehhh, will never happen unless I move there), who knows what'd happen. I'd just let it happen naturally.

I sort of have a soft spot for the Patriots...and any team in the AFC East because as a kid, I lived in Miami and hated the Dolphins (I was a Vikings fan...still am...my older brother liked the Dolphins, so naturally, anything he liked-----> I hated). So I liked all the other teams in the division...Buffalo, Baltimore (Colts back then), Jets, and Patriots. These days though....I've been against them when they've gotten to Super Bowls. No hatred or anything....just liked the other teams better.

Bottom line, be a fan of whoever. Let your heart decide, not your head, or any other dudes.

Bottom line, be a fan of whoever. Let your heart decide, not your head, or any other dudes.
Can't agree any more.

I chose the Packers when I didn't really follow American Football just because they were sort of membership based but the Patriots chose me really when I got into it. Now I ******* love it. As I type this I'm wearing a Pats t-shirt. I still have no NBA or college football team even though I follow both sports.

Should people really be encouraged to be Patriots fans? Do they go for the "Patriots", or have they become a "Brady/Belichick" disciple? What's the point of being one now anyway? They'll be a chance for play-offs because they're in a weak division, but they're finished as a serious threat.

ive herd that before and since then they made a Superbowl. so yeah.... on the other hand should people be dis-encouraged from being Pats fans? they can choose any team they want. if winning matters why do we have Raiders, Jags, Skins, Lions and Jets fans? those teams have all sucked in recent times [Jets on a return to irrelevance again and Skins have 1 good season in a long time same with Lions].

Remove this Banner Ad

Back