NFL New to NFL - Looking for a Team to Follow

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd suggest maybe St. Louis, Arizona, Carolina

I'd agree with that. If I was to pick a new team to support it would be either St Louis, Carolina or maybe Atlanta.

I'd agree with that. If I was to pick a new team to support it would be either St Louis, Carolina or maybe Atlanta.
I was going to say Atlanta but changed it for zona, but Arizona probably won't become championship caliber with this team and situation >>>IMO<<< (don't get mad y'all)

Going to try and get into NFL again but never really had a team to go for.... Use to like the Eagles and Falcons but meh... whose good to go for?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Going to try and get into NFL again but never really had a team to go for.... Use to like the Eagles and Falcons but meh... whose good to go for?
Eagles & Falcons? :confused:

Do you like having your heart broken? :)

Haha I have no idea about their history but I did Like Vick's style of play (had no idea about the dog fighting saga) and liked Gonzalez and Ryan but gave up following it when I started watching basketball.

Sometimes it takes a longer while to attach oneself to a player/ team. I don't have an NHL nor a NBA nor MLB team… even though I've been to Phoenix and other cities around the USA.. not willing to take a team that has been successful in the last 5 years and I'm not buying any jersey with the colour red. Will continue doing my research tho' and so should you Der kaiser.

Sometimes it takes a longer while to attach oneself to a player/ team. I don't have an NHL nor a NBA nor MLB team… even though I've been to Phoenix and other cities around the USA.. not willing to take a team that has been successful in the last 5 years and I'm not buying any jersey with the colour red. Will continue doing my research tho' and so should you Der kaiser.

Yeah been playing madden again just to see what teams I like but I think I might jump on the Manziel bandwagon

Yeah been playing madden again just to see what teams I like but I think I might jump on the Manziel bandwagon

Following the Browns is more about what the future brings with new GM Ray Farmer along with a new coaching staff. At least nobody can accuse you of jumping on a team bandwagon. Manziel will definitely be challenged in the feisty AFC North division.

Following the Browns is more about what the future brings with new GM Ray Farmer along with a new coaching staff. At least nobody can accuse you of jumping on a team bandwagon. Manziel will definitely be challenged in the feisty AFC North division.

Do you think he will he be a bust in the NFL? If not, what's his ceiling?

Do you think he will he be a bust in the NFL? If not, what's his ceiling?

Impossible to tell at this stage… one of those razzle dazzle QB's like RGIII & Vick I suppose.. Neither RGIII & Vick are busts IMHO… just not consistent enough to help their team go that next mile. The NFL needs these kinda QB's who can be so unpredictable.. add that 'X -factor' like Tebow did for a season. Some will say Tebow was a BUST… I don't see it that way.. he helped his team win games during his short span. Forced out by teams before they realised he wasn't the answer… Manziel is believed to have a better arm than Tebow but it's a matter of finding his receivers and whether the 'same page of the same playbook' will apply to make or break him. I'm sure he'll have game where the opposition will be mesmerised and then there will be games when he just can't take a trick… >> will be beat up (read: SMASHED) if he doesn't work with his blocking schemes. His receivers will hope he releases the ball before changing his mind.

Impossible to tell at this stage… one of those razzle dazzle QB's like RGIII & Vick I suppose.. Neither RGIII & Vick are busts IMHO… just not consistent enough to help their team go that next mile. The NFL needs these kinda QB's who can be so unpredictable.. add that 'X -factor' like Tebow did for a season. Some will say Tebow was a BUST… I don't see it that way.. he helped his team win games during his short span. Forced out by teams before they realised he wasn't the answer… Manziel is believed to have a better arm than Tebow but it's a matter of finding his receivers and whether the 'same page of the same playbook' will apply to make or break him. I'm sure he'll have game where the opposition will be mesmerised and then there will be games when he just can't take a trick… >> will be beat up (read: SMASHED) if he doesn't work with his blocking schemes. His receivers will hope he releases the ball before changing his mind.

Well thanks for the insight. I'm Going to have to learn a lot more about NFL but at least I have something to enjoy once the basketball seasons finished.

Well thanks for the insight. I'm Going to have to learn a lot more about NFL but at least I have something to enjoy once the basketball seasons finished.

You're welcome. It's never too late to start picking up on new things about a sport you're never got into.. I'm almost 30 years deep into NFL and still learning new stuff. Players come and go but recognising their attributes and how they impact games is all fresh to me. The uneducated eye sees a mass of bodies crashing into each other along with stop start plays.. the educated eye sees it completely different because there is constant changes in the cadence / scrimmage with variations of formations, down situation, Defence line ups and before you know it the game is OVER..

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back