NFL New to NFL - Looking for a Team to Follow

Remove this Banner Ad

Impossible to tell at this stage… one of those razzle dazzle QB's like RGIII & Vick I suppose.. Neither RGIII & Vick are busts IMHO… just not consistent enough to help their team go that next mile. The NFL needs these kinda QB's who can be so unpredictable.. add that 'X -factor' like Tebow did for a season. Some will say Tebow was a BUST… I don't see it that way.. he helped his team win games during his short span. Forced out by teams before they realised he wasn't the answer… Manziel is believed to have a better arm than Tebow but it's a matter of finding his receivers and whether the 'same page of the same playbook' will apply to make or break him. I'm sure he'll have game where the opposition will be mesmerised and then there will be games when he just can't take a trick… >> will be beat up (read: SMASHED) if he doesn't work with his blocking schemes. His receivers will hope he releases the ball before changing his mind.
This is the only logical answer.

Those saying he will definitely fail or definitely succeed are talking out of their ****

Honestly, the more you play Madden the more you will learn, do it
Madden 25 is driving me crazy (Though, it might be because I'm challenging myself to full 15min qtrs., in all-madden vs the all-madden team.)

I love normal career mode, but it's just trying to take down the all-madden team that pisses me off.
Stuff Faulk on the run and they're facing 3rd & 8+ every single time.
But Vick, Finneran, Moss etc. always pull off 3rd down conversions.
Vick throws like 90% and runs for 2-4 1st downs a game.

Can't ****ing stop its passing game.

Any time you go against the computer in All-Madden it can be frustrating, fumbles, interceptions (though for me they're almost always self inflicted), improbable 3rd down conversions by the computer, same as any computer game though when you come up against the big boss at the end of a level.

I've found the best thing to do on a 3rd and long is to either send some pressure and at the same time press your DBs, or go with a nickle/dime with man coverage and then take one guy from the rush and zone them over the middle and user them and look for a pick. Or control a D-Lineman and constantly jump and try and swat the ball.

Yeah been playing madden again just to see what teams I like but I think I might jump on the Manziel bandwagon

If you eventually want to see your team play live, pick a city that you'd want to actually visit. Cleveland is the worst. Pretty much all of Ohio is the worst.

Hmm interesting. They came up on that NFL 360 Team Picker too, although it was only the "Locker Room". Others were, Sports Match: Steelers and Gut Instinct: Raiders... I think the Raiders only happened because I said "Drums" when they asked "Which instrument would you prefer to use in a band"...

Ha, drummers.

Edit: "They" = Seahawks

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you haven't got a team I recommend waiting and watching a few teams until one sticks.

Otherwise double up on Houston. Watt and Clowney wilol be awesome to watch. Plus Houston is a cool place

Pick a team that has largely been irrelevant for large parts of its existence and then enjoy the times so much more when they finally do enjoy some success...Go Texans :D

Really?
It's New England!
If you're not a Patriot, you're a terrorist in America.

In all seriousness, I think that was what people thought in about the 01-02, MAYBE 03 period. By 04 people were just sick of New England and since then there hasn't really been a '2nd favourite' side

What's the NFL's universal "2nd Favourite Team"?

someone from another division (to your team) who hasn't won the superbowl for ages and looks like they might do ok

note: they will quickly be dropped if they do actually win the superbowl and start getting too big for their boots.

someone from another division (to your team) who hasn't won the superbowl for ages and looks like they might do ok

note: they will quickly be dropped if they do actually win the superbowl and start getting too big for their boots.

Actually, further to this (for me):

Any team that has an Australian on the roster, whether it be a punter, offensive lineman or the "3rd & 17 yard 5th wide receiver", will make it straight onto my roster of teams getting "3rd tier" support, if I happen to like the team they'll bump up a notch to 2nd tier support.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back