NFL New to NFL - Looking for a Team to Follow

Remove this Banner Ad

Reckon the NFL is big enough to follow a team in each conference. Will adopt the Cardinals as my second team.
I do this I follow Vikings and the ravens.

They played each other last year and I was happy to just sit and enjoy the game.

I actively watch the Vikings and ravens games even got the missus to switch onto the ravens.

If they are easy both on I do picture in picture and jump between.

There are a few other teams I like but don't care when they lose. With 32 teams you are spoiled for choice.

I actively watch the Vikings and ravens games even got the missus to switch onto the ravens.

If they are easy both on I do picture in picture and jump between.

There are a few other teams I like but don't care when they lose. With 32 teams you are spoiled for choice.
She was already a fan!?

Nah but got her into the ravens when they lost that AFC champ game against the pats.

I only started following in 2008 and I liked the way the Vikings played with Favre at the time.

Sadly she decided she liked ray rice and tossed up between his number and suggs on her custom guernsey.

She picked rice :(

I do this I follow Vikings and the ravens.

They played each other last year and I was happy to just sit and enjoy the game.
Yep. In AFL following 2 teams doesnt work because one team benefiting often disadvantages another team, the 18 teams are competing against each other week in week out. But with divisions and conferences I can follow both the Jets and Cardinals and very rarely see them play each other. Different divisions and conferences means their W/L result doesnt really affect the other team either.

I cant do it in the NFL.
I want to like Detroit due to their roster. But they're competition to Atlanta.
My next favourite is New England, but if I cant support Detroit, I wont support New England.

THOUGH, I MIGHT, buy a custom #29 Moore Patriots top when in boston next week.

He shares a B'Day with me, and I like New England, wont wear a Dallas kit out and about.

Julio Jones is the same date, different year. Sterling Moore is perfect.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bullet dodged. I have the genuine article. :/

Lucky I've also got a Ray Lewis one to cover for it.
Tell me who your next jersey is.
That way I know which the next Raven will be to break the law.

Tell me who your next jersey is.
That way I know which the next Raven will be to break the law.
Haloti Ngata. Big man has hustle, I like that - I could tempt fate though and go with T-Sizzle...

I don't have one of the Nike ones yet, How do they stack up vs Reebok?

Mrs wants a suggs one herself actually
Which answers the question. Yes, She was entertained.

suggshelmet1.jpg

This post brought to you by Android Power! In conjunction with Tapatalk and Samsung.

Became a '49ers fan when traveling the world in 2012 and found that I was going to be in San Francisco on the super bowl weekend. As they where looking good they became my team. It helped that they made it to the SB, would have been better if they had won though.

Became a '49ers fan when traveling the world in 2012 and found that I was going to be in San Francisco on the super bowl weekend. As they where looking good they became my team. It helped that they made it to the SB, would have been better if they had won though.

That's fine and dandy.. but the real test awaits on whether you dare follow them in the 'not looking so good' times to determine if you're a 'TRUE fan' ...

I'd say more the Jags, at least the Raiders have a history of being good if not the current reality.
Lions actually. Never made a super bowl and only a couple playoff appearances. Before then, it was Cardinals....only a couple playoff appearances and no title in 60 odd years before the Super Bowl appearance. Browns at least thru the 80's and 90's won divisions and went to a number of AFC title games.
Jaguars would be up there now with Texans as recent expansion teams with a dearth of playoff appearances. Titans with one super bowl appearance and decades since regular playoff appearances. Plus a very un-newsworthy team, never anything to talk about with them. Bills decades since the glory years and no playoff appearances. Raiders up there for recent grief....12 years of losing and apart from the chucky/callahan years, go back another decade before they were consistently good.

I'd say more the Jags, at least the Raiders have a history of being good if not the current reality.
Weren't the Jags good around 1999 only losing to 1 team all year?

Weren't the Jags good around 1999 only losing to 1 team all year?

3 losses to Tennessee wasn't it? 2 regular season 1 in the AFC title game after they'd clubbed the Dolphins by 60 in the divisional game. I might be mixing my seasons with the Fins game but I'm almost certain you're right about them losing only to Tennessee during season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back