New TSL ground

Remove this Banner Ad

Looks like nice playing surface :footy:

What is the plan and timeline for supporting infrastructure?

At the moment it looks like Kevin Costner’s Field of Dreams. I can not see much else around the oval

I was down their a few weeks ago. The ground surface was fantastic. Their are two grounds side by side. both have lights, one is for footy the other for junior footy & cricket. I was told they will soon have change rooms & then will build a social club with room for 200 at functions. I cant see Kingston FC just laying down for Hobart to move in. Too much bad blood between them. I still say the answer is to co-tennant at NHO. Both clubs would survive & benefit.

Duff TV said:
Hobart fc new headquarters
Well, not technically.
Hobart's president announced at the AGM the previous year that if the HCC didn't fix up the TCA Ground he was intending on pulling the club out of the city and moving them down to Kingborough.
Then later on allegedly did a deal on his own with AFL Tasmania and the Kingborough Council for Hobart to play four games down there in 2011, being that it's Hobart's recruiting zone.
No one in the club knew anything about it until there'd been a leak, then it was hurriedly announced at a coterie group matchday function during the season as being two games down there, then next thing you know, it's announced in the paper as four.
All a bit hush-hush and cloak and dagger for my liking.
Actually, I remember one person in particular saying to me that that's the first step in Hobart being gradually infiltrated and eventually taken over by Kingborough as it was by St Virgil's people in the early 2000's who drove out many of the old supporters and gradually brought in that Lions debacle.
I never actually realised at the time that that guy was a board member.

One or two, fair enough, but four? Nah-ah.
Mushrooms.

Duff TV said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEoAQjyhvEw

Don't ya love it.
Glad you love it. I won't be going there :thumbsu:

madmug said:
I cant see Kingston FC just laying down for Hobart to move in. Too much bad blood between them. I still say the answer is to co-tennant at NHO. Both clubs would survive & benefit.
As I said previously, Kingborough wouldn't have any say in it, it would be the Kingborough Council that would be calling the shots on who plays on their ground.
Hobart gets on pretty well with the juniors down there apparently but the senior club, nah, not at all. Hate them with a passion.
Hobart run the risk of completely alienating what supporter base there is remaining - if they haven't done so already - with getting involved with KTFC.
It was most definitely noticeable that supporters had dropped off at both home and away games after that announcement was made and the subsequent puff-piece in the Mercury to try and denounce anyone raising questions on it as being 'mischievious'.
I think a fair few supporters have pretty much had a gutful of being kept in the dark on every single thing and had enough of being told what to like and when they will like it, quite frankly.
They should've done a cast-iron deal and moved to North Hobart but that opportunity is lost now because Hobart dithered on waiting for the Council to fix up the TCA Ground and DOSA have taken over what could have been our facilities and made it their new home. Opportunity lost.

By the way, how come we seem to be the only club playing games in our recruiting zones?

Hey Duffy
I was told that the club rooms was going in the middle of the cricket gound near where your van was parked

The grass has been getting treatment for a grass disease so the ground we be looking better in the next few months

There is a opennig of the ground in Feb i am told The cricket club will play a T20 on their ground with the footy club playing a Pre Season Game after that

• Banned
Hey Duffy
I was told that the club rooms was going in the middle of the cricket gound near where your van was parked

The grass has been getting treatment for a grass disease so the ground we be looking better in the next few months

There is a opennig of the ground in Feb i am told The cricket club will play a T20 on their ground with the footy club playing a Pre Season Game after that

Is that the Hobart fc or Kingborough?

So I take it from your opening statement, Duff that you don't see this Kingbrough oval as good or the potential to be as good as NHO?

So I take it from your opening statement, Duff that you don't see this Kingbrough oval as good or the potential to be as good as NHO?
This ground will b sensational . There is a great feel about it.

Just may be a little wind swept but what ground isnt

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So it's basically Pembroke Park (Sorell) with lights and a decent surface... :confused:

Mr Kingpin, this ground has atmosphere.

Goal posts of AFL height,
playing surface of MCG,
no cricket pitch,
AFL standard size
views of Mt Wellington and the Derwent
Underground watering system and proper drainage
Fair dinkum nets at either end to stop the ball going over fence.
Awesome specatotor viewing via massive bank down western side like with Nth Hobart Oval.

It's not a Pembroke Park.

Goal posts of AFL height,
playing surface of MCG,
no cricket pitch,
AFL standard size
views of Mt Wellington and the Derwent
Awesome specatotor viewing via massive bank down western side like with Nth Hobart Oval.

It's not a Pembroke Park.

Who goes to the football to look at the mountain or the fricken river FFS?!

Duff TV said:
How do you know this fact? A match hasn't been played there yet.

Duff TV said:
Goal posts of AFL height
So does Lauderdale. And that's not all that flash.
All grounds could have AFL-standard height goalposts if AFL Tasmania requested they do so.
Interesting that even the second highest ranked league outside the AFL (the SANFL) doesn't have them, and has red behind posts at all of its grounds barring AAMI Stadium.
We're not trying to become mini-Melbourne again are we? Like we did in the 1990's.

Duff TV said:
playing surface of MCG, no cricket pitch
That should be excellent for the players and should alleviate the problem of quagmires during the wet/frosty months.
Is it the same type of grass used at the MCG?
Who were responsible for the technical input into its laying?

Duff TV said:
AFL standard size
That's good, but hopefully we don't see a ground that's too big for this level and end up with 8.11 (59) to 5.8 (38) type results all the time similar to Aurora Stadium. Absolute snoozefests.

Duff TV said:
They'll need it too down where that ground is.
If that's near the cemetery, it's absolute freezing in Winter and rains a truckload from experience.
I was shacked up with a chick down there about 15 years ago and from my recollections it rained plenty down there and in the middle parts of the year was horrendously cold! Snowed quite a bit there too.

Duff TV said:
So both ends will be wide open to the elements then?
In other words it'll be Pembroke Park with lights, quality surface and bigger size.
Should build some wind breaks at either end, like large advertising billboards to keep the atmosphere within the ground similar to Carrara, put some seating banks in front of it to make it look like a football ground.
Bit embarrasing to be able to see the cows grazing at either end.

Duff TV said:
So, what exactly ARE the plans for spectator comforts at this ground?
It sounds like the playing field side of things have been trumpeted as being top-notch (and it is) but I would like to know what makes it so special for the average mug punter (like me) to want to hop in the car and drive all the way down to what most of Hobart knows is a "bloody cold 'ole hole".
I'm asking because I'm genuinely interested.
It has a massive grass bank down one side, will this be concreted and terraced at any stage? Otherwise it'll be like Woodstock 1969 after heavy rains.
Are there any plans for proper (1) grandstand seating, (2) terraced seating, (3) boundary fence seating?
Are there plans to let vehicles into the ground to park around the fences if there isn't any scope for supporters to sit in either comfort or shelter?
What sort of actual facilities are going to be built there?

Kingpin

you know how one can walk into Nth Hobart oval at any time of the week and it just feels right, well this ground is the same.

Just go for a drive down the southern outlet and have a squiz.

Whilst your at it, take a sherrin and see if you can kick a ball as high as the goal posts mate

Here's what the TCA Ground is currently looking like.. :eek:

72058_1616694451299_1054491516_31659860_8079689_n.jpg

72058_1616694491300_1054491516_31659861_5142777_n.jpg

72058_1616694531301_1054491516_31659862_1524085_n.jpg

72058_1616694571302_1054491516_31659863_1706273_n.jpg

72058_1616694611303_1054491516_31659864_2806543_n.jpg

65783_1616697651379_1054491516_31659868_4526154_n.jpg

65783_1616697691380_1054491516_31659869_7834707_n.jpg

I will be interested to see how all of that looks at the TCA when it's all finished.

Kingpin

you know how one can walk into Nth Hobart oval at any time of the week and it just feels right, well this ground is the same.

Just go for a drive down the southern outlet and have a squiz.

Whilst your at it, take a sherrin and see if you can kick a ball as high as the goal posts mate

I might have to check it out myself, I'm hopeful of a trip down that way over Christmas with the family.

Well looking at a facebook post today from a Hobart supporter the board of Hobart have come clean about trying to relocate to the new Kingborough ground and merge with the Kingborough Football Club.

Well looking at a facebook post today from a Hobart supporter the board of Hobart have come clean about trying to relocate to the new Kingborough ground and merge with the Kingborough Football Club.[/QUOTE

They had the opportunity to either play out of nth Hobart oval and/or merge with sandy bay juniors.

Both of these logical options were never taken up and so the club is once again at the crossroads.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back