News New Western Bulldogs logo?

Remove this Banner Ad

WB-1.jpg
Nice work, please design a new logo for us :p

Well they ceased operations after the VFA kicked them out for trying to join the VFL.
So they started a merger with Essendon, and the best players went over to Essendon with plans for them to play at Arden St.
But then the Essendon Council said they would kick Essendon Town (VFA) off Windy Hill so Essendon VFL stopped merger talks and moved there.
North and Essendon Town merged with a new board, new colours, and were still thought of as the old North Melbourne. Or maybe the Shinboner spirit was something that belonged to someone else. (the North that died)

It's this stuff, plus the game relocations of the past 15 years (and when they were offered to move permanently, they turned it down!) which make me feel North Melbourne are a pack of jerks, always have been, and should be booted out.

Well they ceased operations after the VFA kicked them out for trying to join the VFL.
So they started a merger with Essendon, and the best players went over to Essendon with plans for them to play at Arden St.
But then the Essendon Council said they would kick Essendon Town (VFA) off Windy Hill so Essendon VFL stopped merger talks and moved there.
North and Essendon Town merged with a new board, new colours, and were still thought of as the old North Melbourne. Or maybe the Shinboner spirit was something that belonged to someone else. (the North that died)

Ahh nicely done.

That's what gets me with all these mergers, Bears people and Lions people got shafted almost 20 years ago and it still bites them hard but people still remeber the mergers that happened 50, 60, 100 years ago that still affect people and really annoy all of the old timers involved.

That is why i have always been an advocate of a 1st and 2nd Division of the AFL even since 1987 when i was 13 yo and the VFL had Sydney and WCE and Da Bears joined. (i'll put it in my new thread asap)

The first logo is the current logo used from November 2009-Current.
The second logo was used from 1935-1977 (and the "CB" features on the bottom of the current logo)

If you're impressed by Canterbury's logos, Here are the rest they have used.

1978-1996
logo_1978-1997.gif

1998-2009 (The worst one imo - but still not bad)

logo_1998.gif

2004 70th year

logo_2004.gif

Haha I was actually referring to the Western Bulldogs one. Should've quote to avoid the confusion. But your quote still applies though. If I remember correctly all (the old) teams had the shield with letters design as a template. i.e. Glebe etc.

My apologies.

Does anyone have the full timeline of Western Bulldogs logo's?

Just on a sidenote. I've never realised how many bad logos we've had in the AFL over the years compared to other sports imo. To me there's only really one good logo for every club over the course of history with the exception of the Dees who have had two imo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just on a sidenote. I've never realised how many bad logos we've had in the AFL over the years compared to other sports imo. To me there's only really one good logo for every club over the course of history with the exception of the Dees who have had two imo.
I can't find two good Melbourne logos.
Surely you don't mean the current one.
It looks like it was designed by a committee and everyone got what they wanted.
I would say the one where the M was a flame wasn't bad, but apart from that it's a pretty ordinary bunch.

I can't find two good Melbourne logos.
Surely you don't mean the current one.
It looks like it was designed by a committee and everyone got what they wanted.
I would say the one where the M was a flame wasn't bad, but apart from that it's a pretty ordinary bunch.

I know it was never an official logo but the MFC is their best by far.

Richmond's original angled running VFL tiger was great.

Never understood the hate fit the original Bears logo grrrr I'm a koala. Also the logo on their guernseys was awesome shaped like the state.

Never understood the hate fit the original Bears logo grrrr I'm a koala. Also the logo on their guernseys was awesome shaped like the state.
Is that what it was? I just thought it was a shoddy piece of design.

my take - primary and secondary logo.
WB-1.jpg
Sorry for the delayed response but that top logo is great. However it would be better with less grey (on the bulldog you could switch the grey and white) and I don't feel like the fonts suit the logo and the Bulldogs brand. The script font feels out of place and the "Bulldogs" font should be bolder. The outline is also a bit over powering so I'd make it thinner. The logo has a lot of potential though and I'm pretty confident that it's going to be better than what they'll actually use.

Is that what it was? I just thought it was a shoddy piece of design.

images
images

Similar shape and the Koala shape in the bottm part of the right B represents where the team location was.
Actually a very smart idea.

Another type of Bulldog logo for inspiration/ideas/whatever.

Final-BC-Bulldogs1.png

The British Columbia Bulldogs who are a representative Rugby League side from Canada, similar to NSW/QLD origin teams in that they represent the a province of Canada.

In some late breaking news, This Logo will be used starting next year

People at the club and Merch Distribution Company People.
They had a mega sale today to move on as much old stock as possible for the new stock for next year

Remove this Banner Ad

Back