Teams New York Jets - Gang Green

Remove this Banner Ad

Jags, Bills, @Texans, Dolphins, @NYG, Titans, @ Dallas, Pats, @Bills

This is our schedule for the rest of the year so I'm not slitting wrists just yet. The QB situation is a worry but Oakland has been decent and I thought they would give us a run for our money, especially playing on their turf. Let's see how they rebound over the next 3-4 weeks. if they go worse than 3-1 I'll be worried and think we'll struggle with a wildcard spot but if it's 3-1 or better we'll still be 7-4/8-3 and in decent position.

The only worry is we'll probably be competing with Oakland for a wildcard spot (who else? Steelers are the only other team so it's out of us 3 though they've lost Bell for the season) and they have just got the tie-breaker on us.

I still think we can cause some damage if we don't fall apart but a lot will hinge on our QB situation, Ivory staying healthy and our D showing up every week.

And then you look to next season and how many other teams will be desperate to pick up a decent QB and there's slim pickings all round.

Might have to get Sanchez back..lol

Big effort with torn ligaments

The ligaments are on his non-throwing hand, so it shouldn't affect his passing. However, he'll suffer pain when he's taking snaps from under centre and also when he's handing off the ball to Ivory with that hand.

The additional concern for the Jets are whether Marshall, Ivory and Decker are going to be fit to play the Jaguars. All three are dealing with various ailments and have been limited in practice this week. The Jets worked out some street free agent wide receivers last Monday (including Jarrett Boykin, last with the Packers, and Greg Salas, last with the Lions) but didn't sign anyone just yet.

Also have to hope that Mangold recovers from his neck stinger and that Pryor is fit to play to add some steel to the defence.

The additional concern for the Jets are whether Marshall, Ivory and Decker are going to be fit to play the Jaguars. All three are dealing with various ailments and have been limited in practice this week. The Jets worked out some street free agent wide receivers last Monday (including Jarrett Boykin, last with the Packers, and Greg Salas, last with the Lions) but didn't sign anyone just yet.

Also have to hope that Mangold recovers from his neck stinger and that Pryor is fit to play to add some steel to the defence.
All those injuries are key players. We know Fitz wont be 100% this might be a real struggle this week

When does a win feel like a loss? When you're favourite by 14 points at home to the Jaguars (haven't won a game on the road for years) and you need a last-ditch interception to seal the victory.

Urgh.

Run game still sputtering (despite Ivory scoring two TDs on the ground) and now it appears that the Jets will send Fitzpatrick in for surgery next Friday (after the TNF game against the Bills), while Mangold again had to exit the game due to injury.

I hope Superstar swan had a great afternoon at Metlife and look forward to seeing some photos.

Thank goodness for Marshall and Decker. Two excellent weapons for Fitzpatrick/Smith to throw to.

I thought it would be tight and wasn't confident at all. The 8.5 points the Jags were getting was too much with our injury queries. Happy to get away with the win but the Bills will be a tough ask on Friday I think especially with Rex looking to prove a point. Let's see how we follow up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Although the Jets have thrown mid-round picks at stiffening the o-line (and signing Carpenter and Breno in two consecutive free agency periods) the reality is that D'Brickashaw seems to be regressing as a left tackle and Mangold is still the glue that holds the o-line together. I wouldn't be surprised if Maccagnan invests a first round pick in a tackle prospect to groom behind Brick for a season with a view to taking over from Brick in 2017.

The Jets need to be able to run the ball effectively on the ground without a proper franchise QB on the roster. Against the Patriots, Oakland and now Jax, they haven't been able to do it and it's no surprise that they're 1-2 in that timeframe.

On the bright side, looks like the Jets may have found part of the puzzle to solve the lack of pass rush. Mauldin needs to take over from Coples, who surely will not be on the Jets next season.

Folk ruled out for Thursday Night Football and expected to miss four weeks; Jets working out free agent Billy Cundiff (amongst other free agent kickers).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back