Votes: 9 56.3%
  • Australia

Votes: 6 37.5%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 6.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

But with tennis, you only have to deal with one player flirting with the line. With cricket, you have the bowler and the non-striking batsman. Would they have the mechanism split in 2, so it's only the bowlers half of the crease line that is "active" or just check to see which player is causing the detection?

Who knows - but 10 years ago who thought we'd be using infrared technology for nicks?

Here I am coming into this thread thinking we'd be happy we've seen a bowlers deck, Smith reaffirming himself as one of the best bats in the world on a perceived tough deck and Khawaja perhaps announcing himself at test level... Time will tell.

I guess I'm an optimist.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here I am coming into this thread thinking we'd be happy we've seen a bowlers deck, Smith reaffirming himself as one of the best bats in the world on a perceived tough deck and Khawaja perhaps announcing himself at test level... Time will tell.

I guess I'm an optimist.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But lots of posters were very pleased with the pitch. You haven't looked back far enough.

Australia cops the raw end of a decision and all hell breaks loose about bias umpiring

Australia gets a decision in their favour and they tell everyone to get over it, umpires are human and mistakes happen

Love Bigfooty! :D

To be honest, I'm more likely to raise hell on the insistence of people on BF using "bias" instead of "biased".

If you don't understand how to use the word, don't use it!

giphy.gif

We'll get there eventually. An admission of being wrong that is ;)

And what happens then? So, if the umpire tells the world he should have called no-ball but made a mistake, what's going to happen? NOTHING, that's what. We can't change the decision, so why don't we just STFU and get on with the game.

Not sure why. Put a time limit on it.

Or make it that he gets to watch in real time plus one replay.

A way could be found.
I can just imagine them looking over and over debating whether the foot is a mm behind or in front. You just have to look how long they take to decide some boundaries.

With quick bowlers there would be time for a quick reply, which would pick up the obvious ones. However an onfield ump shouldn't miss those ones anyway.

Spinners generally bowl further back, so it would be less of an issue, but the way some race through overs anything other than a live analysis would slow the game.

And what happens then? So, if the umpire tells the world he should have called no-ball but made a mistake, what's going to happen? NOTHING, that's what. We can't change the decision, so why don't we just STFU and get on with the game.
Not what I was referring to :$

On Siddle he's clearly not in our hypothetical best XI anymore. But he's very useful depth.

I used to criticise him heavily and wanted him dropped but that's because Hazlewood was fit and I believed it was time for Hazlewood to play and time has proven that correct.

Australia cops the raw end of a decision and all hell breaks loose about bias umpiring

Australia gets a decision in their favour and they tell everyone to get over it, umpires are human and mistakes happen

If you can find an instance of a single poster expressing opposing or inconsistent views then you have a good point. Otherwise what you're see is just a consequence of there being a large number of people who post here.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wouldn't be getting too high and mighty.

I remember the days when a certain poster got so worked up when a decision didn't go the way of his side that he started labelling umpires "cheats".

:$

Morning gentlemen. Won't be able to view, heading out to Little Athletics and then off to my own cricket game.

Usman picking up from where he left off and hopefully Voges makes the most of his reprieve.

Keep up the good works lads.

Just looking at scorecard.
Amazing to see that we are 13 dismissals into the match. Every wicket so far has had the batsman out caught.
Unlikely to have ever happened before.

Back