Votes: 9 56.3%
  • Australia

Votes: 6 37.5%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 6.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Was Voges ever considered for tests before his dominant shield season last year? Like in the 5-10 years before it? Career peaking after 35 is amazing.

I know it hasn't been spoken of by the commentators (even though it would have been non-stop if this was on Nine), but I don't want any "attacking"/"sporting" declarations from Steve Smith here. We bat until we're dismissed, or reach the 180 over (two full days) mark. There's no rain forecast, and there'll be 2 1/2 days to bowl them out and probably win by an innings if we bat through.

6/463 after 130 overs. Another 50 overs and 150-200 runs to come for us then :cool:

Was Voges ever considered for tests before his dominant shield season last year? Like in the 5-10 years before it? Career peaking after 35 is amazing.

Was always seen as a talented batsman, more suited to the limited overs stuff, and even then he was always sort of on the fringe of the ODI/T20I sides, never a regular. Kind of like Shaun Marsh in a way.

Prior to the 2014/15 Shield season, Voges' FC batting average was 41.54. Since then, he's played 56 FC innings, for 15 not outs, and 3,381 runs (82.46 average). His FC average now sits at 48.07.

Last edited:
You have to hand it to Voges he managed to get through the day without being gifted another life by incompetent umpiring.

686ap.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Didn't he miss a tour, because his wife was having a baby, which IIRC was frowned upon by those in high places, and he went from being a fringe ODI player to exile for a couple of years.
Could be wrong but I think he did get selected in ODIs again not that long after.

Back