Votes: 9 56.3%
  • Australia

Votes: 6 37.5%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 6.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I think he may have been 12th man for a Test years ago?
Perth 06-07, got called in after Martyn's retirement, but they went with Symonds.

Didn't he miss a tour, because his wife was having a baby, which IIRC was frowned upon by those in high places, and he went from being a fringe ODI player to exile for a couple of years.
IIRC that was SA in early 09, but they played him in some ODI's later from memory.

Didn't he miss a tour, because his wife was having a baby, which IIRC was frowned upon by those in high places, and he went from being a fringe ODI player to exile for a couple of years.

I think he got a call up, but was getting married.

Cricket Australia wouldn't give him the week to get married, then rejoin the team.

When Martyn retired, I think Voges came into the squad for the Perth test. Symonds got the spot.

He missed the ODI series because he was getting married. He got back in a few years later but was always just behind Cam White even though he averaged 46 in Int ODI's. He has always been the one that has just missed out, whether it be for Symonds, White etc.

It is great to finally see the bloke get his chance and take it.

I've loved the way our batters have gone about this innings (besides the two openers). It's good to know that we have players who are capable of grafting an innings and not try to dominate the bowling no matter how precarious the situation is. This is the blue print for Test cricket, if we are going to win away from home we have to remember this innings.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Better image

2w731p0.jpg

Bradman's record in his first 19 innings:

13 tests, 19 innings, 1 not-out, 1846 runs, average 102.55, 2x50s(not as good as Voges!!), 8x100s, HS 334.

Voges has been utterly incredible

I've loved the way our batters have gone about this innings (besides the two openers). It's good to know that we have players who are capable of grafting an innings and not try to dominate the bowling no matter how precarious the situation is. This is the blue print for Test cricket, if we are going to win away from home we have to remember this innings.

There's been very little graft about it TBH. s**t bowling (NZ arguably only have two Test-standard bowlers in their line-up), combined with a flat pitch, fast outfield and short boundaries have been a factor.

Yes, we are out-playing them, but it's not like we've been navigating some sort of minefield out there. People have this idea that NZ pitches are constantly swinging, seaming nightmares for batsmen, but they're really not. Get through (or simply don't bat on) the first session of day 1, and they're usually pretty sweet.

Great hundred by Voges. Not every 100 isn't luckless. Not his fault the umpire stuffed up

That took me a good 30 seconds to get my head around

There's been very little graft about it TBH. s**t bowling (NZ arguably only have two Test-standard bowlers in their line-up), combined with a flat pitch, fast outfield and short boundaries have been a factor.

Yes, we are out-playing them, but it's not like we've been navigating some sort of minefield out there. People have this idea that NZ pitches are constantly swinging, seaming nightmares for batsmen, but they're really not. Get through (or simply don't bat on) the first session of day 1, and they're usually pretty sweet.

Perhaps. But on day 1 there were people saying if NZ could get to 150 that would be a good score.

Last edited:
So that umpiring decision has cost NZ over 150 runs at the moment.. I would still be seething
He should be sacked over that decision it is the worst thing I've seen since Adelaide test.

How the F*** can you call something a no-ball when you are not 100% certain in an era when their is a review for the umpires if the batsmen goes out. NZ have been raped by the umpires in the matches against Australia, it cost them the win in Adelaide because the 3rd umpire was incompetent and this one is worse.

NZ can feel rightly aggrieved and Australia can't say they are world number 1 because they are only winning on the back of dodgy umpiring.

That took me a good 30 seconds to get my

Perhaps. But on day 1 there were people saying if NZ could get to 150 that would be a good score.

Yes, and on day 2, the bowling was s**t and the deck was offering nothing, and we piled on 316 runs in 90 overs pretty comfortably. Really hasn't been particular hard going for us on the whole.

Back