• Australia

Votes: 30 48.4%
  • New Zealand

Votes: 31 50.0%
  • Drawn Series

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

We also got cheated a wicket at a crucial stage.

Ball hit bat. Ball did not hit ground. Ball was caught. Catching player appealed. Am I explaining slowly enough for you?

He
Ball hit bat. Ball did not hit ground. Ball was caught. Catching player appealed. Am I explaining slowly enough for you?
He was given NOT OUT. If the replay wasnt shown he would have remained not out. Which part dont you understand?

Steve Smith has come in for some unfair criticism regarding his reaction to the Marsh dismissal. He was asked straight after the game on the field during the presentation and gave a straight and fair reply.

He did not feel that the process used was correct and that needs to be adhered to. Yes, the correct decision was made in the end and he had no problem acknowledging that. Maybe the interviewers should not ask about those incidents during the post match presentations ?

Appealing is part of the game. Remember when Steve Waugh scored his heroic century with a 4 off the last ball of the day ? He was "out" caught behind earlier but nobody from the England side appealed so the umpires did not give it. The New Zealanders had a stifled appeal and then made a secondary appeal once the incident was shown on the big screen. I agree that if Smith had been the one doing this, he would have been criticized.

New Zealand deserved the series victory. Better team overall.

No problem with what Smith said Jim. Obviously he was pretty upset with it and I tend to agree with him. That was jury by big screen and should be tidied up.
Equally I don't think McCullum should apologise about his behaviour on the field either. He left it in the umpires hands and they made a decision.
Pretty unique situation !

Bowler went up, for a small appeal then turned around and went back to his mark. We didn't see the umpire, but can assume he made no inclination that he thought it was out or that it was worth looking into.

By the law, that should be it. Ideally either the bowler, fielders or Umpires should have noticed its close enough for the 3rd umpire to look at it, but none of them do.

Matt Henry even asks as he's walking back, which is something I didn't notice before. So he appealed twice. Then when the ump is talking to McCullum after, Henry again motions that he'd raised the ball initially after the ump suggested they were only asking due to the replay

I seriously wish you Aussie fans would stop trying to get unfair advantages like this...you already ruined the Adelaide Test!

He

He was given NOT OUT. If the replay wasnt shown he would have remained not out. Which part dont you understand?

He was incorrectly given not out. Why are you so hellbent on cheating your way to victory?

He was incorrectly given not out. Why are you so hellbent on cheating your way to victory?

Warner was incorrectly given out in the first One day game. Did the umpire review it after seeing a replay and call him back? No as it isnt in the rules the same as Marsh's.

Warner was incorrectly given out in the first One day game. Did the umpire review it after seeing a replay and call him back? No as it isnt in the rules the same as Marsh's.

But, it is in the rules for umpires to call for replays in situations involving bump balls and balls carrying to fielders. Remember when that scumbag Bailey tried to claim that catch against India last month?

Matt Henry even asks as he's walking back, which is something I didn't notice before. So he appealed twice. Then when the ump is talking to McCullum after, Henry again motions that he'd raised the ball initially after the ump suggested they were only asking due to the replay

I seriously wish you Aussie fans would stop trying to get unfair advantages like this...you already ruined the Adelaide Test!
So you think he would've been out if it hadn't been shown on the big screen?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But, it is in the rules for umpires to call for replays in situations involving bump balls and balls carrying to fielders. Remember when that scumbag Bailey tried to claim that catch against India last month?

India deserve everything they get they wrote the rules on cheating. The umpire can ask for a replay yes what he cant do is use the big screen to made a call.

So you think he would've been out if it hadn't been shown on the big screen?

No. Why the umpires thought they had conclusive evidence after Henry's initial 2 inquiries is beyond me. Thankfully, sanity prevailed and the right decision was made, and within the rules before the beginning of the next delivery!

No. Why the umpires thought they had conclusive evidence after Henry's initial 2 inquiries is beyond me. Thankfully, sanity prevailed and the right decision was made, and within the rules before the beginning of the next delivery!
Pretty sure they aren't aloud to show the replay straight after on the big screen, I agree the right decision was made but I don't think it's right having a big screen replay impact the decision

Pretty sure they aren't aloud to show the replay straight after on the big screen, I agree the right decision was made but I don't think it's right having a big screen replay impact the decision

I'm ok with angst against the replay appearing to have an effect, but gee I'd have been wild if both Henry's appeals were knocked back and nothing looked at

Lol if they were the better team they would be world champions.

Australia wins when it matters most. The Kiwis are deserving winners of the Chappel-Hadlee but just like South Africa they couldn't capitalize on the biggest stage at World Cup.

I know which trophy I'd prefer. Maybe the T20 is next?

In the end the right decision was made so not sure what all the fuss is about. Was the correct process followed? Not really, but what if Gould hadn’t gone upstairs with it and Marsh went on to win the match for Australia? That would have caused an even greater controversy because the Kiwis did appeal initially (even if it was a weak one) and the correct decision wouldn’t have been reached. The umps were in a lose/lose situation really and can be forgiven for not going up immediately due to the weakness of the appeal.

Australia wins when it matters most. The Kiwis are deserving winners of the Chappel-Hadlee but just like South Africa they couldn't capitalize on the biggest stage at World Cup.

I know which trophy I'd prefer. Maybe the T20 is next?

No excuses for us in the World Cup next month it's about time we won the trophy that has been dominated by India, Sri Lanka and Pakistan.

In the end the right decision was made so not sure what all the fuss is about. Was the correct process followed? Not really, but what if Gould hadn’t gone upstairs with it and Marsh went on to win the match for Australia? That would have caused an even greater controversy because the Kiwis did appeal initially (even if it was a weak one) and the correct decision wouldn’t have been reached. The umps were in a lose/lose situation really and can be forgiven for not going up immediately due to the weakness of the appeal.

I agree.

But what I find amusing is that I am sure no where in the rules does it say an appeal has to be strong which is what a lot of posters and commentators have mentioned.

I would love to ask umpires how many times they would have given a player out but didn't because there was no appeal.

Don't know how you can say anyone has dominated when there has been 5 different winners across 5 tournaments...

What I alluding to is that it has been dominated by sub continent teams, from memory most of the finals have involved those three teams. I would call that dominated.

Back