• Australia

Votes: 30 48.4%
  • New Zealand

Votes: 31 50.0%
  • Drawn Series

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Another failure when the ball does something.

But the typical CA apologists will point to the 5-0 Ashes series and our big wins on Australian flattracks and say we're doing well, we're not too bad, everyone keeps on overreacting.

Have we improved against spin at all over the last four or five years where it's been a massive problem?

The T20 boys like Lynn and Head aren't going to solve our problem against the moving ball
This.

Good to see I'm not the only one that sees a problem. I honestly put little stock in what we did in tests over the summer. Rubbish test teams on flat tracks... Yeah that'll help us win in England next away series:rolleyes:
At least wait until the Test matches. One game we were thrashed, the other we won, and another was close. Lack of practice matches doesn't exactly help either.

Maybe don't go straight for the sky's falling like you usually do and be patient.
Be patient?

The system is flawed and we're reaping what we're sowing.
Be patient?

I've waited pretty long for Australia to learn how to play competent leg spin. Still waiting.

We're the new India of the 1990s
Not that I care about T20 given I hold it in contempt but you'll hear a thud as my jaw hits the floor if we do anything remotely better than abject failure at the T20 WC.

We're rubbish away from home at it appears as though CA seems not to care.

Sep 15, 2007
AFL Club
Hawthorn
**** off. Marsh instigated all that s**t by trying to get away with being clearly out

* off? Charming.

Marsh was pissed off, batsmen have been pissed off walking off the field forever. Regardless of the decision, McCullum didn't need to say anything to him, yet he did.

The fact the only defence for BMac you can come up with is calling Marsh a cheat, speaks volumes.

Sep 15, 2007
AFL Club
Hawthorn
But, it is in the rules for umpires to call for replays in situations involving bump balls and balls carrying to fielders. Remember when that scumbag Bailey tried to claim that catch against India last month?

>List Tas Tigers under "Other teams"
>Calls Bailey, one of cricket's genuinely nice blokes, a scumbag.

Adam H

Norm Smith Medallist
Suspended
Aug 23, 2013
AFL Club
St Kilda
**** off? Charming.

Marsh was pissed off, batsmen have been pissed off walking off the field forever. McCullum didn't need to say anything to him, yet he did.

Yeah McCullum just got a huge leg up from the umpires he should be grateful and STFU.

Sep 15, 2007
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Yeah McCullum just got a huge leg up from the umpires he should be grateful and STFU.

That is beside the point though. He chirped at a batsman walking off the field.

I dont have a problem with the send-off. I DO have a problem with a bloke who gets on his high horse and annoints himself the bastion of the 'spirit of cricket', doing it. Lets not forget the weak way he publicly attacked Smith (another captain) for not recalling a batsman.

He is a hypocrite.

Blue1980

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 9, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Arsenal
This.

Good to see I'm not the only one that sees a problem. I honestly put little stock in what we did in tests over the summer. Rubbish test teams on flat tracks... Yeah that'll help us win in England next away series:rolleyes:

Be patient?

The system is flawed and we're reaping what we're sowing.

Not that I care about T20 given I hold it in contempt but you'll hear a thud as my jaw hits the floor if we do anything remotely better than abject failure at the T20 WC.

We're rubbish away from home at it appears as though CA seems not to care.

We are the new India. Win at home make roads, tests last a while, C9 have circle jerks over how good we are etc

As many on here have we followed the team when we gritted it out with champions in the team who would do the business in tough conditions overseas.

Currently we have a grand total of 2 who have done this at test level with the bat and Perhaps Lyon and Siddle in the past with the ball (though I would be thinking Khawaja, Hazelwood and Pattinson can add to these names in this series, and Starc when he comes back).

Burns I doubt will ever do the business in tough conditions but we need to find out, Voges is s**t when the ball does anything, Mitch Marsh isn't there yet but again is young enough to see, though a tough series on seaming decks I doubt will see him averaging over 20.

Aug 27, 2007
brisbane
AFL Club
Essendon
Another failure when the ball does something.

But the typical CA apologists will point to the 5-0 Ashes series and our big wins on Australian flattracks and say we're doing well, we're not too bad, everyone keeps on overreacting.

Have we improved against spin at all over the last four or five years where it's been a massive problem?

The T20 boys like Lynn and Head aren't going to solve our problem against the moving ball
If it's doing anything in this series. Australia are in a world of strife

>List Tas Tigers under "Other teams"
>Calls Bailey, one of cricket's genuinely nice blokes, a scumbag.

Tongue in cheek. George is a legend of a bloke

I dont have a problem with the send-off. I DO have a problem with a bloke who gets on his high horse and annoints himself the bastion of the 'spirit of cricket', doing it. Lets not forget the weak way he publicly attacked Smith (another captain) for not recalling a batsman.

He is a hypocrite.

What did McCullum say to Marsh? Let us know, please. And also, I'm pretty keen to know what Marsh said prior, or after for that matter. You do seem to know, is all

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sep 15, 2007
AFL Club
Hawthorn
What did McCullum say to Marsh? Let us know, please. And also, I'm pretty keen to know what Marsh said prior, or after for that matter. You do seem to know, is all

I don't know what was said and I'm not pretending to know. He said something to a dismissed batsman. If we're using the standards he bangs on about, he shouldn't of.

Read what I'm saying, I have no issue with send-offs or chatter, its just a game after all.. The only point Im trying to make is that BMac has been on his high horse about the 'spirit of cricket', regularly (including publicly lambasting a fellow captain in Smith where he had no right of reply).

He IS a hypocrite.

Tongue in cheek. George is a legend of a bloke

OK that didn't translate. Play on. :thumbsu:

Sep 15, 2007
AFL Club
Hawthorn
What happens next time a player is given out caught off a full toss, but it turns out the replays show that it was clearly above waist height (which has happened a few times)..

That player better be laying or the home side with a quick replay technician....

I don't know what was said and I'm not pretending to know. He said something to a dismissed batsman. If we're using the standards he bangs on about, he shouldn't of.

Read what I'm saying, I have no issue with send-offs or chatter, its just a game after all.. The only point Im trying to make is that BMac has been on his high horse about the 'spirit of cricket', regularly (including publicly lambasting a fellow captain in Smith where he had no right of reply).

He IS a hypocrite.

All I'm getting at in the Marsh scenario, and seeing how pissed he was, that McCullum may not have stoked the fire. He could have said he was unlucky, asked him to tone down his tirade. I don't know at all. But I'm clearly an unabashed BMac fan, so I'll side with him every time ;)

What happens next time a player is given out caught off a full toss, but it turns out the replays show that it was clearly above waist height (which has happened a few times)..

That player better be playing for the home side with a quick replay technician....

I hope the ICC are swift to clarify these types of incidents...which they won't be...!

Doodlesweaver

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 17, 2010
London
AFL Club
Fremantle
All I'm getting at in the Marsh scenario, and seeing how pissed he was, that McCullum may not have stoked the fire. He could have said he was unlucky, asked him to tone down his tirade. I don't know at all. But I'm clearly an unabashed BMac fan, so I'll side with him every time ;)

An opposition skipper asking a pissed off player to tone down his tirade would be a prime example of stoking.

I doubt MacCullum would do that, you'd hope he'd be too wary of his self-declared good guy image.

KiwiRoo

Premiership Player
Mar 7, 2007
New Zealand
AFL Club
North Melbourne

He is a hypocrite.

wasn't it Elliot that chirped him ? Then Wade had a go back ?
I don't know what was said but it looked to me like McCullum just patted him on the back in the manner of "sorry mate that's a crap way to go out"

Back