New Zealand v South Africa

Remove this Banner Ad

Why do they need Rossouw as a keeper when they have De Kock and De Villiers?

Balance out the batting. Unless Rossouw starts performing then I don't see a spot for him unless he keeps wicket, freeing up ABD & De Kock to concentrate on batting.

Amla is just a beast. Could easily set records for most runs in a World Cup this season.

Surprising decision to leave out Nathan McCullum, I thought NZ were certainly heading back to the two-spinner strategy that brought them much success in the '92 WC. Honest competitor who never lets the side down, but then again, the white-ball attack of Southee, Boult and McClenaghan are going to be ******* potent under lights come Feb/March. NZ play a ton of ODIs this season before the WC, so not fussed about this series too much, considering the lack of Williamson, Taylor and Ryder.

They are playing the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air theme at the ground.

Awesome.

They've got a sense of humour over there. It's the Batman theme whenever the 12th man brings out a bunch of bats, M*A*S*H theme whenever the physio is called upon, and CCR's 'Who'll Stop the Rain' during rain delays.

Yet again the Aussie is the only one that can score for NZ

What? Fantastic to see Ronchi doing so well, but you've been living under a rock if you haven't noticed how critical/good Williamson, Taylor and McCullum are.

I don't think Neesham is up to opening. Ryder's got to be the man for that job going into the World Cup.

What are peoples thoughts on McCleneghan? I like him, he's the third fastest bowler ever to 50 ODI wickets - there's quite a bit of voilaility to him as he can lose the plot from time to time, but I think he's a better option than Mills.

South Africa have for the most part bowled exceptionally well in the two matches so far. Steyn, Philander and Morkel have been simply venomous. Hopefully they'll bring that form over to Australia in a couple of weeks. Tahir has been impressive too, nobody can doubt his credentials as an ODI bowler - remarkable how much more controlled he looks in ODI's as opposed to tests.

Ronchi going past 50 again :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back