News Newbold Resigns to become an AFL Commissioner, Richard Garvey acting President

Remove this Banner Ad

After publicly saying the AFL needs to do more to engage with fans at games, Newbold will walk into a "variable pricing" debacle as AFL chairman not of his own making

commishes do sweet **** all.

You're forgetting the Demetrieu initiative where intensive study is made at overseas sporting events such as the Olympic Games, the World Cup, etc, where they determine how the AFL can benefit from them attending the swimming and athletic finals, and how Brazil making the World Cup final could provide some synergy into... uh... hey look, Vlad craps on better than me, ask him how it 'works'.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I raise you Mark Evans. Stop living in the past.

Its my Brand

on another point, we theorized that Newbold resigned as president and a director, in order to join the AFL commission.

No sign that the lady board member of GWS had to resign that position to join the AFL commission

Its my Brand

on another point, we theorized that Newbold resigned as president and a director, in order to join the AFL commission.

No sign that the lady board member of GWS had to resign that position to join the AFL commission
Board member and President slightly different public profiles/roles
Also image if Eddie became an AFL commissioner while President of collingwood, GWS is an AFL run minnow currently so different kettle of fish than to have a successful/big clubs president on the commission while retaining duties at their club. I mean there was talk of Chris Langford having a conflict of interest last year because his son was a premiership player at the Hawks, Will had been on the Hawks list for a while but once he got that public success and profile his dad's role at the AFL was suddenly questioned

So let me get this right a club can't approach and poach players, coaches etc during the season (not sure on the coach, assistant coach rules) but it's ok for the AFL to poach your president right at the start of the season.

Newbold could of sent them on their way - he CHOSE not to

The club has a whole bunch of people in positions to run the club, and they do a great job. Fox, Fagan and Clarko.

Part of the presidents role is to communicate with members etc.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back