NewEra AFL hats coming soon - thoughts?

Remove this Banner Ad

Maybloomed

Rookie
May 12, 2010
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Not sure if this has been covered yet or not but it seems like there will soon be AFL versions of the NewEra hats. Obviously a move to be more like the NBA/MLB merch, just wondered what people thought?

NYG0W.jpg

Source:
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...48532.36367.164196943599423&type=1&permPage=1

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't hate New Ear hats but I perfer the bent brim cap. The flat brimmed caps look weird on my head.

Why do kids leave those stickers on the bill?

i've got a baseball cap that came with a sticker, i had to look up on the internet what team it what; atlanta braves

ripped the sticker off as soon as i got it

funnily enough everybody asks me why i bought a fake cap because i'm not displaying the sticker..

If the players were to wear these before and after matches, at trainings or during press conferences, I think these would catch on big-time. Even though I think they could look better, seeing Buddy Franklin wearing a Hawthorn NewEra cap would give it some credibility according to the rule of cool.

At least they're not covered in sponsors' logos. Yet.

They look s**t.
Probably even worse than the US ones that all the hardcore gangster 14yos wear on the mean streets of Surrey Hills & Camberwell.

a question - would I be cool, if I were to put one of those shiny stickers on my 12 year old market knock-off beanie? I'm searching for that real "street credit", and I feel I need approval. Perhaps I should wait until I see some s**t rapper do it in a video clip

Maybe its just cultural cringe on my behalf, but there is something quite lame about seeing AFL logo's on that style cap.

it's been done before in the 90s, i used to have a very similar cap only it was a snapback.

each to their own, i don't wear caps often so i won't buy one but i know a lot of kids and teens will

wow when will australians finally accept that we are nothing more than a generic and badly copy of the US of A? Why are we keen to act and do everything americans do? What makes americana so appealing to vast majority of bogans?

I have trouble as is when i see some chubby kid with skinny pants and one of these hats sitting on his already fat head i can't imagine how much rage i will get when i see stupid fat AFL fans with these hats.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back