Newman axed amongst other list changes

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's very interesting. I always thought it was a bit strange that after everything, and especially after he forced his way into a top 2 team, we just booted him out.

Makes more sense now.
Yeh, the whole thing is a bit odd though. He said no to a contract extension, but is planning on trying to get back into the AFL. It sounds to me like he just doesn't want to work hard enough to maintain the fitness needed to play in the AFL.

Yeh, the whole thing is a bit odd though. He said no to a contract extension, but is planning on trying to get back into the AFL. It sounds to me like he just doesn't want to work hard enough to maintain the fitness needed to play in the AFL.

Sounds like he wanted a fresh start with out all the preassure of being our first round draft pick.

I'm a big fan of Murray's decision. It must have taken enormous courage. So often we hear players whinge about being in the public eye and the pressures that brings.

My response to that has always been, "poor diddums, that's the AFL business, if you don't like it, take a pay cut and play in a lower league."

Well that's exactly what Murray has done. I hope it turns out the best for him.

I'm a big fan of Murray's decision. It must have taken enormous courage. So often we hear players whinge about being in the public eye and the pressures that brings.

My response to that has always been, "poor diddums, that's the AFL business, if you don't like it, take a pay cut and play in a lower league."

Well that's exactly what Murray has done. I hope it turns out the best for him.
Agreed, sounds like he has come a long way maturity wise.

Sounds like a player manager orchestrated article to me. Filled with feel good thoughts and half truths.

Sounds like a player manager orchestrated article to me. Filled with feel good thoughts and half truths.

Agreed. Weird article. Surely getting an AFL game late in the season would have only made him hungrier? You'd also expect that the club might have sold it at the time as a mutual decision to part ways if that were the case.

I'm reversing judgment until Pat Footy weighs in though.

Agreed. Weird article. Surely getting an AFL game late in the season would have only made him hungrier? You'd also expect that the club might have sold it at the time as a mutual decision to part ways if that were the case.

I'm reversing judgment until Pat Footy weighs in though.
Yeh, something seems off. Maybe they were pissed that he told them he didn't want to play next year after all they've done for him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back