Oppo Camp News from the other clubs

Remove this Banner Ad

The story at work (DSR) is that a couple of years ago Ron Alexander (the boss) was walking down Oxford St and saw Masten sitting at a café. Now I haven't seen Masten out but apparently he had a habit of going barefoot in threadbare clothes looking unkempt and was looking just so on this particular morning.

Ron (being a former Eagles coach) took offence to this and apparently ripped into Masten about his appearance and how despite what he would like Masten is a role model for little kids to look up to not a homeless person. Apparently Masten was quite chastened.

Yeah we wouldn't want kids running around barefoot or wearing old clothes, society would cease to exist as we know it.

Masten should have told him to piss off.

So, in other clubs preseason training news, I went to the Collingwood intra-club match yesterday because I got invited and miss football that much!

From the skills on show, I can see them reaching the lofty heights of their 2014 season. There was a lot of junk, some pretty terrible kicking, some dropped speccies that Nic Nat would be proud of, and some young kids that don't know or understand the game plan. Cloke spent the entire time sitting in the goal square expecting the ball to be handed to him on a platter, and yelling at the kids because they weren't taking his lack of lead. That being said, Swan looked in top form.

So, in other clubs preseason training news, I went to the Collingwood intra-club match yesterday because I got invited and miss football that much!

From the skills on show, I can see them reaching the lofty heights of their 2014 season. There was a lot of junk, some pretty terrible kicking, some dropped speccies that Nic Nat would be proud of, and some young kids that don't know or understand the game plan. Cloke spent the entire time sitting in the goal square expecting the ball to be handed to him on a platter, and yelling at the kids because they weren't taking his lack of lead. That being said, Swan looked in top form.

Imagine if Freo had paid 900000 per year for Cloke.

Does waters remain on the eagles list until the end of the year? As in, could the upgrade a rookie or anything similar to long term injury?

Putting him into my dreamteam now...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Masten should have told him to piss off.

Lets look at this way :-

Ron Alexander - highly respected in the footy community, for his playing and coaching efforts. Added to this, he is a pretty highly respected CEO of the state recreational department.

Masten - yet to be highly respected in the footy community, for his playing ( on / off days ).

Me tinks, Ronnie is giving this chap a good bit of advice. I would think he should have taken it on the chin ( suck it up ). I would say the same if it was a Freo player.

Ron Alexander is like Ronnie Boucher, no one in their right mind, tells them to piss off.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back