Oppo Camp News from the other clubs

Remove this Banner Ad

Be just our luck that Geelong start to slide and then pick up Dangerfield
Richmond are apparently the team with the most salary cap space of any of the Melbourne clubs. It is not beyond the realms of possibility that they offer Dangerfield 1.2 million a year and we can then poach Rance for 650K ish.

While he will get a buttload of money no matter where he gets, I don't think he'd be leaving just for the money. He's always said he wants a premiership and I seriously doubt that's going to happen at Richmond any time soon. I'd say Geelong would easily be the front runners cos Hawks can't afford him.

Richmond are apparently the team with the most salary cap space of any of the Melbourne clubs. It is not beyond the realms of possibility that they offer Dangerfield 1.2 million a year and we can then poach Rance for 650K ish.

They will be throwing the kitchen sink at Rance first and foremost. He is an All Australian CHB!

At Geelong Vardy has had more knee surgery, Clark has tweaked a calf and Stevie J's foot that was hurt when Lachie viciously head butted it has flared up.

And everyone else i sa year older (not that that really matters)

Surely, this is the year Geelong start to slide. Everyone has been saying it for years now.

And everyone else i sa year older (not that that really matters)

Surely, this is the year Geelong start to slide. Everyone has been saying it for years now.

They slid last year, as far as football was concerned. Geelong ducked their way to the top four. Until the umpires actually follow their own rules in Geelong games, they'll keep winning close games under dodgy circumstances.

While he will get a buttload of money no matter where he gets, I don't think he'd be leaving just for the money. He's always said he wants a premiership and I seriously doubt that's going to happen at Richmond any time soon. I'd say Geelong would easily be the front runners cos Hawks can't afford him.

Is Tom Hawkins up for free agency next year ? He will cost Geelong plenty to retain unless that is why they picked up Clark.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Lachie gets pushed out of the team by Blakely then we might be in trouble regarding Neale moving home.

Love Blakely ( Black Duck afterall !!! ), but Neale is cemented in our best midfield group. As good as Blakely could be, he is still 3 years behind Neale.

It is more likely that a player like Blakely will end up replacing Mundy in the midfield group.

I hope people don't see Neale as a potential elite starting midfielder.

I hope people don't see Neale as a potential elite starting midfielder.

As he is only 21, I don't think he has necessarily reached his ceiling. Improved immensely last season so who knows where his potential might lead him. I hope people don't write him off as a potential elite starting mid either when we haven't seen his full potential just yet.

Neale is a great player - loves the contested stuff, quick with the hands but kicking could do with some work. He is also lucky to have opposition worry more about the likes of Fyfe, Barlow, Mundy and Hill than him.

As he is only 21, I don't think he has necessarily reached his ceiling. Improved immensely last season so who knows where his potential might lead him. I hope people don't write him off as a potential elite starting mid either when we haven't seen his full potential just yet.
He's not going to get any faster, taller or learn to kick on his opposite side. He's a handy player and always will be. Elite mid, probably never.

What is his ceiling?

He's not going to get any faster, taller or learn to kick on his opposite side. He's a handy player and always will be. Elite mid, probably never.

What is his ceiling?

Realistically what he is now but with a bit better kicking.

He's not the slowest unit considering how small his legs are. I'd like to see him take a few more steps before belting the ball forwards out of stoppages.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back