Oppo Camp News from the other clubs

Remove this Banner Ad

Nobody has said he is our greatest stand-out pick from three drafts , BUT, he has broken into a very strong midfield and looks like staying there.
If you have a midfield that draws all the fire you have to have the players good enough to capitalise on it; that's Lachie.

Pretty much, never going to be our best mid but no shame in being that Nigel Lappin/Joel Corey/Michael Braun/Brad Sewell type.

Tim clurey was pretty well rated before being drafted by PAFC and is said to be the replacement for trengrove - any Adelaide people out there able to give us a run down on his late season form at SANFL level ??

I take zero pleasure from other teams injuries but the thread is news from other clubs and all I read was about Neale for two pages so actually posted something from another club.

Anyway Not a stats nut and going by memory reckon ports record without Trengove is not good , they lost quite a few mid last year when he was out they fell from top 2 to fifth iirc anyone could provide the stat would appreciate. He is apparently not only a very good player but a serious backline general in the likes of Glass from Eagles.

Tim clurey was pretty well rated before being drafted by PAFC and is said to be the replacement for trengrove - any Adelaide people out there able to give us a run down on his late season form at SANFL level ??

I'm trying to think of a good Power fan I can tag in here, shamed to admit I'm struggling :$

Hombsch may be the best option for them but then they'd need to replace him with another medium.

A cursory glance at their list has left me no more enlightened either.

Try bradesmaen maybe, I hear he's really good at objective analysis of opposition players.

I take zero pleasure from other teams injuries but the thread is news from other clubs and all I read was about Neale for two pages so actually posted something from another club.

Anyway Not a stats nut and going by memory reckon ports record without Trengove is not good , they lost quite a few mid last year when he was out they fell from top 2 to fifth iirc anyone could provide the stat would appreciate. He is apparently not only a very good player but a serious backline general in the likes of Glass from Eagles.

Nobody would ever suggest that mate, I've seen undisguised jubilance on opposition team boards when our players miss with injury. I think career/season threatening is a no no but a 1 week or 2 week injury...I wouldn't blame the odd touch of schadenfreude

Clureys good but couldnt go with Pav. He'd kick 5 on him minimum.
Nobody would ever suggest that mate, I've seen undisguised jubilance on opposition team boards when our players miss with injury. I think career/season threatening is a no no but a 1 week or 2 week injury...I wouldn't blame the odd touch of schadenfreude

My bad Riteo, I misread your post. Had a couple of little creature pale ales so detail isn't high on the agenda.

Clureys good but couldnt go with Pav. He'd kick 5 on him minimum.

My bad Riteo, I misread your post. Had a couple of little creature pale ales so detail isn't high on the agenda.

All good.

I wonder if Westhoff is a smokey? He seems like he could exceed at an MJ role but he might need to play a more accountable role and Port need him to be everywhere too. Carlisle would need to take Pav but after that we could really exploit them for height if Tab's big PS spills over into round 1, I'd be looking at multiple goals from our rucks in that situation too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All good.

I wonder if Westhoff is a smokey? He seems like he could exceed at an MJ role but he might need to play a more accountable role and Port need him to be everywhere too. Carlisle would need to take Pav but after that we could really exploit them for height if Tab's big PS spills over into round 1, I'd be looking at multiple goals from our rucks in that situation too.

They beat us in the midfield so I would be hesitant about loading up with height though.

My preferred option is that Bondy discusses the fact that Lyon has never lost a round 1 game, so how about Port just concedes the game and both teams extend their pre-season. Then it gives us a new "round 1" game in round 2 to also not lose. Rinse and repeat.

From aflplayerratings.com.au

2014 Season
1 Carl Modest stats but worked OK as part of the back six rotation. 3
Senior emergency.
3 SANFL Steady game in Port backline. -
4 SANFL Held Magpies back six together magnificently. -
5 SANFL Marshalled the defence well. Used ball cleanly too. -
6 SANFL Solid showing in defence. -
7 SANFL Was everywhere early and won his position as key defender. -
8 SANFL At full-back completely blanketed Duldig. -
9 SANFL Did very little wrong in defence. -
10 SANFL Stood tall defending and rebounding. Led back six. -
11 SANFL Bye. -
12 SANFL Potent defensive standout with 23 possessions. -
13 SANFL Solid again at full-back, shaded Eagles spearhead Wundke. -
14 SANFL Tried hard but not his best day in defence. -
15 SANFL Silenced Duldig after half-time and hurt Blues with 11 rebound 50s. -
Senior emergency.
17 SANFL Just OK in defence, occasionally moving to a wing. -
18 SANFL Intercept-marked at will to give Crows forward line a hard time. -
Hamstring.
Hamstring.
21 SANFL Excellent at full-back with eight rebound 50s. Easily beat Newton. -
22 SANFL Forgettable afternoon in defence. -
23 SANFL Bye. -
QF SANFL Some costly errors in defence marred an energetic display. -
EF SANFL Some costly errors in defence marred an energetic display. -
SF SANFL Torched at full-back with Eddy kicking five goals. -
PF SANFL Sprightly in defence and marginally won his duel with Newton. -
GF
-

They beat us in the midfield so I would be hesitant about loading up with height though.

My preferred option is that Bondy discusses the fact that Lyon has never lost a round 1 game, so how about Port just concedes the game and both teams extend their pre-season. Then it gives us a new "round 1" game in round 2 to also not lose. Rinse and repeat.

Almost never ...

http://afltables.com/afl/stats/games/2011/091520110325.html

It's my understanding that Monfries was part of the program in 2012 but I need to check when he joined Port, I think it's the end of 2012.

You're correct. He played 18 games with Essendon in 2012 and almost certainly part of the doping regime.
It's ridiculous we don't know the players' names involved.

Port Adelaide 2013: P 24, W 13, L 11.

Port Adelaide 2013 (with Trengove): P 17, W 11, L 6.

Games without Trengove: Rd 6 v NM (loss), rd 7 v Rich (loss), rd 8 v Carl (loss), rd 9 v Gee (loss), rd 10 v WB (loss), rd 12 v GWS (win) and rd 13 v Syd (win).

Port Adelaide 2014: P 25, W 16, L 9.

Port Adelaide 2014 (with Trengove): P 20, W 14, L 6.

Games without Trengove: Rd 16 v Ess (loss), rd 17 v Rich (loss), rd 18 v Mel (win), rd 19 v Coll (loss) and rd 21 v GC (win).

Port Adelaide 2013: P 24, W 13, L 11.

Port Adelaide 2013 (with Trengove): P 17, W 11, L 6.

Games without Trengove: Rd 6 v NM (loss), rd 7 v Rich (loss), rd 8 v Carl (loss), rd 9 v Gee (loss), rd 10 v WB (loss), rd 12 v GWS (win) and rd 13 v Syd (win).

Port Adelaide 2014: P 25, W 16, L 9.

Port Adelaide 2014 (with Trengove): P 20, W 14, L 6.

Games without Trengove: Rd 16 v Ess (loss), rd 17 v Rich (loss), rd 18 v Mel (win), rd 19 v Coll (loss) and rd 21 v GC (win).

Thanks Youmewe less than I thought for 2014, but wins against Melbourne and Gold Coast (without Ablett) is hardly convincing. Cheers for pulling the stats together though

Remove this Banner Ad

Back